Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[27 Feb 08] Kevin Cheng: "More Should Be Done To Help The Elderly"

2 posters

Go down

[27 Feb 08] Kevin Cheng: "More Should Be Done To Help The Elderly" Empty [27 Feb 08] Kevin Cheng: "More Should Be Done To Help The Elderly"

Post by Xue Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:17 pm

credit: http://www.batgwa.com & http://www.tvbsquare.com/Discuz/forumdisplay.php?fid=55

[27 Feb 08] Kevin Cheng: "More Should Be Done To Help The Elderly" Photo1283136e
extra pics:
[27 Feb 08] Kevin Cheng: "More Should Be Done To Help The Elderly" 6
[27 Feb 08] Kevin Cheng: "More Should Be Done To Help The Elderly" 7

Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) and Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) were guests at the opening of a designer watch showroom today. Myolie modelled a diamond watch worth HK$1.49 million and Kevin wore a men's watch worth several hundred thousand dollars.

When Myolie found out the value of the watch she was wearing, she jokingly asked Kevin to buy one for her as a gift. However, he turned the joke back on her and rumoured boyfriend Bosco Wong (黃宗澤) by saying: "If I bought it for you, you might not be as happy. Someone else should buy it for you instead."

Kevin is an avid collector of designer watches and revealed that he sees them as an investment because they are likely to keep their vaue better than a car. His target for this year is to buy another two watches for himself. With the tax rebate announced yesterday, it was suggested that Kevin could put this money towards his next watch, but he smiled that his HK$25,000 rebate would not be enough for a new watch.

Talking of the budget announcement, Kevin said that it was good news for the people of Hong Kong and it would be even better if they could raise the "fruit money" (Old Age Allowance) because old people should not be overlooked by the government, even if the outlook is not clear. He added that everyone will grow old eventually and will need some security later on in life.

Myolie has just returned from a working tour of North America and was also pleased to learn about the tax rebate because she had spent a five figure sum on clothes whilst she was shopping in New York.
Xue
Xue

Back to top Go down

[27 Feb 08] Kevin Cheng: "More Should Be Done To Help The Elderly" Empty Re: [27 Feb 08] Kevin Cheng: "More Should Be Done To Help The Elderly"

Post by Kerochan Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianeu.net
Source: Takungpao, The Sun

Kevin Cheng buys two famous watches each year as self-reward

Yesterday Myolie Wu and Kevin Cheng were invited to the grand opening ceremony for a watch store, where they help cut the red ribbon. Myolie had on a HK$149,000 diamond watch, while Kevin modelled a brand name watch worth about HK$40,000. When Myolie accepted an interview, she sweetly smiles and said that she wants to request Kevin to buy her a new watch, Kevin used Myolie's rumored boyfriend to make a joke, he says: "If I were to buy you a watch, you shouldn't be too happy! There should be someone else who would buy one for you." Kevin, who has always liked famous brand name watches expresses that he has a collection of watches that he earned from hard work. Because it holds more value in the long run than cars do, so every year his goal is to buy himself at least 2 watches; This is Myolie's first time actually encountering famous brand name watches, she also considers to buy herself a watch every year for collection."

Myolie Wu uses Tax Refunds to cover debts

Yesterday, the government announced about this year's financial budget. Reporters laughs and says that Kevin could use the tax refunds to buy himself a watch, he says: "tax refunds of course is a good thing, but I would need at least HK$25,000 in order to have enough money to buy one. But, tax refund is still good news, the entire Hong Kong citizens are able to benefit. If I could earn more salary then that would be even better. I understand that the government is concern that the economy in the future won't be as good as this year, but the elders will not be able to neglect, the government actually are able to do more, because each person will eventually get old, everyone should get some safeguard." Myolie just came back from the U.S doing stage work earlier, and heard about the tax refund news. She of course feels happy, she says: "So happy? I spent five figures in New Year buying new clothes, tax refund could be used to clear up my debts."
Kerochan
Kerochan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down