Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie

+4
my-only
chuajoanne
go_myo
linnette_zj
8 posters

Go down

[17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie Empty [17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie

Post by linnette_zj Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:12 pm

credit:myoliewu.org

Unknowingly, Myolie has been in the industry for 9 years. She has already become one of TVB top fadans and entered into the Music Industry, releasing a solo EP. At the end of last year, she won a few awards in the Music Industry. For the exclusive interview with Yan Cheng Night Paper, she brought along her awards, filling uo the whole table. She expressed that the award that made her really happpy was winning silver in HK Radio Awards (i think? huh? ). Because this award proved that she really has the capability, unlike the award she won in TVB JSG.. which people may say that it was because she is "taken care of".

In the industry for 9 years, the time is neither short nor long. But among all the dramas that she acted in, Myolie felt that War Of in Laws was her own representing drama (a drama that represent her), instead of To Grow with love. As for the future, she hasn't think too deep about it, getting married is something that cannot be sure/rushed. And Bosco, in Myolie's mouth, is still "Good Friends" and "Onscreen Couple".

Hope to be a singer that really has the capability

In the music industry, Myolie is still a newcomer. But the minute she sings, it shocks everyone - her voice is very powerful! Actually, Myolie has always been learning how to sing. When she was 16, she even win in a singing competition. That time, she sang Sammi Cheng's song: 《爱的挽歌》.

(YC)YanCheng Night paper: Last year, many TVB artistes enter the music industry, for example, Bosco wong, Raymond , etc signed with big companies like EG, but she chose a small company like Neway Star, why?

(M) Myolie: This is the company's arrangement, as in the beginning, it was Neway Star who first approached me. Personally, i am quite satisfied with it. Although big companies sounds more branded, but small company will give me more area to progress, and respect my opinions.

YC: In the new EP, which is your favourite song?

M: like "Solo Travelling", because it has a pop rock feel. Many people feel that Myolie can only sing K song, but after hearing "Solo Travelling", they felt surprised.

YC: in the music industry, what is your aim/goal?

M: hope to be a singer that really has the capability. I will also work hard to practice dancing. Dancing has always been my weak area, joining 舞动奇迹 last year was a big challenge. I don't mind some sexy roles, but not intentionally revealing. Personally, i like fashion so i enjoy discussing with designer, make up artiste. But being an artiste, i have few opportunities in it.

YC: You like singing since young? won an award at 16?

M: Yes, i was in the church chior when i was young. I was in charge of the sap section and i spent a year to learn singing. THat competition was organised in England. I remembered that i sang Sammi Cheng's song. That time, we support faye wong, sammi cheng and Zhang Hui Mei songs, but i really like Zhang Hui Mei (A*Mei).Her voice is very powerful.

War of in laws is the drama that represent her

Many people is unaware that Myolie was a bio-chemistry student in HKTU. At the height of 1.72m, she joined Miss HK and won the runner up position. Hence, decided to stop schooling and entered into the entertainment industry, changing totally her destiny. The champion for that year was Sonijia Kwok. After 9 years, both of them have become TVB top fadans. Thinking about all her dramas, the most unforgetable drama to Myolie was "War of in laws"

YC: HKTU has high expectations on results?

M:My studies are quite good! My first ambition was actually to be a doctor, but it is too difficult to get that qualification. I like scientific subjects,always scoring the highest in Biology. Maybe because i'm more practical kind of person, those that like "1+1=2" kind of person, the worst part of my studies is composition.

YC: what were your feelings when you joined Ms HK?

M: totally is trial and error. My very good friend wanted to join but didn't want to go alone, so pulled me along. I never thought of being an artistes, but just felt that it was fun. Didn't know i will enter into the industry. In the beginning, i was quite hesitant but felt that i'm suitable for this, but i like to act.

YC: in the 9 years, you filmed many series, which drama impacted you the most?

M: War of in laws is like a representing drama. That was the first time that i received acceptance from all the audience. First time entering into the top 5 most favourite female character. WHen the drama was being filmed, all artistes, including Liza Jeh, Bosco Wong, etc were very absorbed into it. Although the lines for the fighting scenes were long, but till now, i can stil remember. Besides, "TITS" left a deep impression too because i felt that i didn't do good enough. That time was my first two years in the industry, didn't know how to act, but have to be the second leading role. Co worker was top actor, Francis Ng, so it was very stressful. Not only me, the rest of the newcomers who acted in the show were corrected by him.

YC; Why didn't you mention about To Grow with Love?

M: The focus of this show was on me putting on weight and losing it, there wasn't any expanding area for my character, i am not very satisfied.

YC; there are netizens teasing that when you laughed, it looked like a “囧” word and called you“胡囧囧”. Do all these affect you?

M: hehe.. i saw the posts on it. Being a public figure, have to listen to others opinions, and reflect on it. If it is not own's problem, then there is nothing that can be done about it, i can't control what others said about me.

Her future husband must have a sense of humour

The offscreen Myolie admits that she is a "boring" person. her rumours with Bosco have been on and on... deny and deny... there isn't nothing new about it. But she told the reporter that she hasn't met someone that she wants to marry.

YC: what are ur plans for 2009?

M: Just finish filming Chau Heung angers Tong Bak Fu. I am acting as Chau Heung, a totally different kind of Chau Hueng from the past, it is a comedy character, and there are many fighting scenes. In addition, I hope to release a new album this year.

YC: WIll you choose to admit openly about dating at a certain time?

M:I admitted in the past before. WHen i first entered into the industry, i openly admitted that i'm dating. But after that, we split. I feel that there isn't a need to admit again about such things. And presently, i am really not dating.In this kind of entertainment industry environment now, once you admit about such things, reporters will focus non stop on your relationship matters, and no one bothers about your work, i think it is not that good.

YC: Bosco and you are often being mentioned together, TVB has also introduced you two as onscreen couple, do you mind?

M: No. Audience enjoys seeing anyway, i dont mind. As long as it is not too obviously putting us together, i can accept.

YC: Your sister (used to work in TVB) resigned and is married, will you have the urge to do so too?

M: no, because unlike her, i havent met such a good guy yet,haha.. i am not someone who will consider and decide when i want to get married, give birth, currently, my career is the most important. My contract with TVB still has a long way to go.

YC: What are your criterias for your other half?

M: must be someone who has a sense of humour! I am more of a quiet person, or you can say "boring", i need someone who is of a different type to complement me. I am really a very boring person. if i am not working, i will stay at home, or shop or eat, no special hobbies.

Reporter's impression:

Actually, wasn't putting much hope on Myolie's singing capability but after watching her mini concert in Macau, i have a broken glasses kind of feel, She sings really well! Come across her a few times, and feel that she is becoming more and more confident. In the past, she used to talk with a tinge of sillyness and innocence, and fear but now, she has a "Ah Jeh" feel, confident in speaking. For this interview, she even prepared a few set of clothes to allow the photographer to take pictures and brought her awards along. This kind of serious attitude, don't know if it is influenced by Mother in law Liza Jeh. And, she is very thin now, i can't imagine how she put on weight for To Grow with love.

Last edited by linnette_zj on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie Empty Re: [17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie

Post by linnette_zj Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:12 pm

[17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie 20090114

[17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie 20090115

[17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie 20090116
Credit: myoliewu.org

Last edited by linnette_zj on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie Empty Re: [17 January 2009] Interview with Myolie

Post by go_myo Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks Linn for doing such a long translation!

I love her reaction when they mention about the criticism, her reaction was so professional. :)
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by chuajoanne Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:21 pm

she's really shining! GO HANG YEE! (:
chuajoanne
chuajoanne
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by my-only Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks Linn for the interview.
Her voice is being praised here. Soo proud of Myolie. And it's interesting to know that now she has an "Ah Jeh" feel. Lisa's influence is definitely a positive thing. Hope that our Myolie can aslo have such a long successful career like Ah Jie.
my-only
my-only
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterWonders Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:22 am

looks good! :) she's really into hats
WaterWonders
WaterWonders
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by carmen Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Oh man those pictures of her are gorgeous bwahahaha
carmen
carmen
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles9294 Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Can I know what is the meaning of 胡囧囧?

Bubbles9294
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by boscolie_x3 Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 am

GO MYOLIE<3

thanks for sharing!
boscolie_x3
boscolie_x3
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down