Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character

4 posters

Go down

[9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character Empty [9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character

Post by Jessica Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:00 pm

[9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character

credits http://asianfanatics.net/forum
[9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character Themasteroftaichifunction8thmarc-14

[9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character Themasteroftaichifunction8thmarc-13

Yesterday Vincent Zhao, Myolie Wu, Melissa Ng, Raymond Lam, Kenneth Ma and others arrived in a shopping mall to promote "The Master of Tai Chi". This is the first time that Vincent, Myolie and Melissa participated in a promotion together. Among them is Melissa Ng who attended a public event for the first time after giving birth. She expresses that she especially came to see Vincent and during the filming period they all became very familiar with each other, also she has recently given birth to a daughter; As for Myolie she has not been seen because she was doing stage work overseas.

Speaking of "Tai Chi" only having an okay response, Myolie denies: "It's already not bad! Maybe because the series talks about martial arts (There are criticisms that you exaggerated?) My character is like that because the role has a lot of rising and falling problems, that's why its impossible to act it out vaguely, definitely will have criticisms as well as praises, (Some people think you act better in comedies than in pitiful roles?) I don't want to only play one type of character, I like to play all types of roles. Maybe critics only like to watch comedies! (Will you take these criticisms to the heart?) Nope, I am very satisfy with my performance because its an rare opportunity to come across a character that loses her memory and has to deal with love and hate, I am very satisfy."

Melissa Change of Heart - Look after Daughter
Currently having a change of heart to look after daughter, Melissa has her 7 months old daughter Maegan. She happily said: "The name Maegan means pearl and was chosen by my husband. Theres a beloved daughter meaning. (Are you considering of quitting the entertainment career?) No, I still have a contract with TVB and my manager, but since I decided to have a baby, there will be more responsibilities to spend with my daughter. I will wait until she grows a bit older and if there's a job that fits me, I will continue to work on it. (Your husband doesn't oppose you to continue with your career?) My husband respects my personal opinion, also even if I have to work, he knows that I will still take care of our daughter. (Are you thinking of having another baby?) Not at the moment, hope to give my daughter some time before having another one."

As for Vincent, he will be rushing back to Beijing today because his 6,000sq feet house is currently remodeling. He is hurrying back to discuss with the carpenter and because he's in such a hurry, he has not brought any new furniture for his new home. His daughter is 5 and a half months old, which is not far from Melissa's daughter. That's why yesterday they exchanged pictures of their daughters.

-----------------------

have been quite busy to check out updated news, due to my studies. but whenever possible, i'll try my best to post up!
if any of you guys can help me with it, it'll be much appreciated! (:

in my opinion.. i don't think that Myolie has exaggerated in her acting. Ji Kwai is JUST that character, so she has to portray it out with the traits of that particular character. maybe people are just not used to her this kind of role, that's why..
Jessica
Jessica
Admin
Admin

http://myoliewu.co.cc

Back to top Go down

[9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character Empty Re: [9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character

Post by Rach Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:26 am

Sometimes these HKer viewers are way too hard to please...they expect too much from everyone. When an actress plays her usual self, they complain that it's too bland that she's playing the same characters over and over again but when she changes her role, they complain that she's not doing her role correctly. Myolie's role requires that she act this way, a dramatic person with a tragic end...is she supposed to be all smiling and stuff through the series? This is just beyond me. hmph
If they hate Myolie in Tai Chi because of her evilness, I think she's done her job well.
Rach
Rach

Back to top Go down

[9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character Empty Re: [9 Mar 08] Myolie Wu denies exaggeration in acting, only because of character

Post by joyce20176 Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:30 am

Rach wrote:Sometimes these HKer viewers are way too hard to please...they expect too much from everyone. When an actress plays her usual self, they complain that it's too bland that she's playing the same characters over and over again but when she changes her role, they complain that she's not doing her role correctly. Myolie's role requires that she act this way, a dramatic person with a tragic end...is she supposed to be all smiling and stuff through the series? This is just beyond me. hmph
If they hate Myolie in Tai Chi because of her evilness, I think she's done her job well.

Rach what you said were all right, HK viewers are always different with others, their tastes sometimes are weird too lol...Also some other fans are hard to please as well, once they dont like Myolie, no matter how hard she try, she can never please them all, no matter how hard we defense her, they still said the same think from goodie roles to evil role *sign*. They better give her positive comments/critisism which can help her, not those destructive comments like she is annoying, exaggerated, cry too much, blah blah..., so she can improve herself, come on. Also Tai Chi filmed 2 years ago, so her acting must be different compare to now. And if it filmed long time ago, then I think she did well for her role as this is her first time acting this kind of role.
joyce20176
joyce20176
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:48 am

HK audience may be hard to please but the media isn't trying to help either lol. They are just making HK entertainment look really bad.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down