Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile

+11
WaterWonders
BBgirl
soffiagiang
Jessica
sasa
AddyLeong
CheersMyolie
psycho 0805
swtaznlaydee
quemena
linnette_zj
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile - Page 2 Empty Re: [27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile

Post by Wenbie Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:00 pm

Those artiste probably don't get criticized as much by netizens but they have negative news and rumours... I rather Myolie get criticized than to have those kinda news about being cocky, bitchy or bad relationships etc etc.

As for Tavia... I don't see how she's doing very well... She's been in a lot more series than Myolie, yet none of her roles were even close to getting a female award... Moreover, her roles aren't the outstanding type anyway (except maybe MR)... it seems like her downfall occurred during Dicey Business.

The sudden upsurge of criticisms is obviously because of Myolie's popularity is increasing. She went downhill after TGWL but climbed back up... and fans across various female artistes are feeling insecure so they have to criticise whoever's more popular than their idols... I think it's just natural.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

[27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile - Page 2 Empty Re: [27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile

Post by WaterWonders Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:31 am

^yeah, I agree with Wenbs.

Yeah, netizens might not have criticized Tavia as much as Myolie. But looking back and going through the list of series she has starred in. There's only a minimal amount of series of which she's actually the female lead. Most of the time there's another female actress leading the way in the series. And I say because of the slower pace she's getting promoted by TVB, she receives less complaints. Even Linda nowadays have harsh comments directed at her due to the fact that she's getting promoted so much recently. lol, is kind of ironic, an artiste wants to have chances and be promoted, yet it's rarely ever good to be promoted so fast. Because people become slightly "jealous", you know what I am? and in turn, people will develop some sort of 'hatred' or contempt towards the artiste. And yes, like Wenbs said, a lot of singers in HK get far worser comments by netizens. (Wenbs, we know who we're talking about ;P). But seriously, seeing all the news, there's no point in getting heated and condemning their actions and comments. No point in arguing with them either because they're not going to change their opinion based on merely what we said. so let them be. There're too many beings on earth for people change them all. Today we are here, because we support Myolie. Tomorrow, who knows? Maybe one of us will change our mind and dislike her instead. As long as we're happy with Myolie at this moment, there's no need to be disappointed or angered by these news :)
WaterWonders
WaterWonders
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:36 am

The problem, imo, is Myolie doesn't even deserve the criticism in "When a Dog Loves a Cat." I even checked her screencaps to look for exaggerated facial expressions. I couldn't find any. At least with "Tai Chi", I didn't care too much because she was actually disappointing in "Tai Chi." You can find exaggerated expression in "Tai Chi."

Both Gallen and Myolie have great chemistry in this drama. And Myolie's crying has improved tremendously. When something sad happens, she no longer squeezes her face. Tears just roll down, her voice is no longer hoarse and she has become very natural. Shouldnt it be time for online friends to stop the criticism?
^I feel that every netizen should rewatch "When a Dog Loves a Cat" in mind. Chemistry is subjective. However, it is obvious that her crying has improved. Tears just come out without her having to move her face.

Haha. Tavia's still in a better position. It's better to be praised by netizens than to be hated. It doesn't really matter whether she's first lead or not. Like Myolie said before, it's better to have the audience's support than to win some award.

Here, Myolie's baidu has all of Myolie's screencaps in the series: Help me find any exaggerated expressions.
http://tieba.baidu.com/%BA%FA%D0%D3%B6%F9/tupian/item/32a6352a713ac82e5243c110.html#picId=4f18f01fd758f5e3e1fe0b1b

I don't care if you criticize my idol as long as you come up with justified reasons.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:16 am

Like Myolie said before, it's better to have the audience's support than to win some award.
I can't say whether I agree with this statement or not. This is a very subjective statement, per my personal opinion. Could I ask if she really said that? If she believe that, then you really have an uphill battle in front of her.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:43 am

goldengater wrote:Like Myolie said before, it's better to have the audience's support than to win some award.
I can't say whether I agree with this statement or not. This is a very subjective statement, per my personal opinion. Could I ask if she really said that? If she believe that, then you really have an uphill battle in front of her.

She said it here: http://asianuniverse.net/forums/Myolie_Wu_Audience_Recognition_is_Better_than_Any_Award_t1350.html

It really shouldn't be surprising. What's the point of attaining an award if you don't have the support of the audience? What's not to agree? You'd rather choose an award than have the audience's support? Myolie has improved in her acting. I'm sure she'll regain the hearts of netizens back soon. It's just the matter of time.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:59 am

Wenbie wrote:...

The sudden upsurge of criticisms is obviously because of Myolie's popularity is increasing. She went downhill after TGWL but climbed back up... and fans across various female artistes are feeling insecure so they have to criticise whoever's more popular than their idols... I think it's just natural.

This is the probably the reason for the surge in anti-netizens this year.
AddyLeong
AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:03 pm

Lol WW, longest post I've seen you post hahaha. But yeah, I agree with you.

Lol the so called "audience" doesn't even represent the majority. Those 'audience' are just picked out from the newspaper to make it sound like it's a lot of people... in fact it might even be made up with a few random photos of people LOL.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm

^ haha... yeah... no one knows for sure if the people really said that. And it is quite illogical that they randomly find a few people on the streets and those few people actually don't like Myolie. The reporters must be really "lucky" that they successfully pick those random people so easily!

I'm sure there are others who support her and they didn't report it. They pick what they want to hear and write on it.

Anyway, let's not be so bothered by all these negative news. I don't think Myolie will want her fans to be bothered by it as well. And it only makes those people who started the criticism happier. they are unhappy that their stars do not get the rightful limelight so they pick on the popular ones and Myolie is just one of those who is rising up. So let's not bother about what they say. We know Myolie isn't what they describe her to be. With a clear conscience, let's just wait and see. No matter what we say or try to justify for myolie, those people wouldn't be able to accept because they have already cast their judgment. As long as Myolie tries her best in her dramas, thats good enough. One day, they will come to accept it. :)
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:36 pm

lol...at least she's nnice about it. Let's see one of them so called "netizens" give acting a shot. I bet a statue can act better than them, and yet they're criticzing myolie. They're just jealous because Myolie has a lot of leading roles and probably their favorite star doesn't pshhhh. I must admit, Tai chi isn't her proudest moment and isn't matched up to the standard of her acting, but ppl need to consider the fact that it was filmed in 2006, gee. Those netizens are very harsh. She has improved since 2006, and yet they can't accept the fact taht she improved because they already bashed her once. Once you have something set on your mind about someone, it's hard to change it. I just feel bad because WDLC was good, her performance was good, and yet netizens won't give her a break. Do they get paid for judging and being rude or something? Lol retorical question, that would be a no. They're just bored with their own lives and can't think of anything better to do than bash myolie.

Why don't these so called "journalists" hire a real unbiased acting critic to evaluate the shows instead of going online and digging up grabage dirt from people who shoot off their mouths when they don't know crap? Are they too cheap or something? Not enough money? well maybe if they quit posting stories from unreliable sorucces, they WOULD have enough money for a critic hmph
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2