Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2

+10
swtaznlaydee
queerbee
lollipop
sasa
AddyLeong
hermidude
go_myo
CheersMyolie
linnette_zj
psycho 0805
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 Empty [12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2

Post by psycho 0805 Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Source: 頭條日報 [only Myolie's parts translated]
Last night, TVB sent out more than a hundred artistes, and held "2009 Sales Presentation" to introduce the TV programs for the following year, trying to attract more advertising clients during this poor economy situation. Yesterday, the group of Siu Sangs and FaDans like Ron Ng, Moses Chan and Myolie Wu, each held four series under their belt, becoming the most promoted artistes for the coming year. At every annual sales presentation, the reporters got to know from there that the artistes whom were getting the most number of dramas to film will be the most promoted stars for the coming year. And next year, it will be Ron Ng, Moses Chan and Myolie Wu whom stand out among the others with four new series each.
During the lighting-up ceremony, Myolie Wu was said to be neglected, but yesterday, she finally reclaimed her pride and happiness, standing out among the other FaDans. Next year, she has four series - Burning Flame 3, Chau Heung Angers Tong Bak Fu, WOIL3 and "Father-Son". Myolie appeared to be very coy as well. She said, "Very busy. Also didn't receive the company's notification to film the trailers, and thought that I had no part in it. But now, I'm very happy."

Source: Ming Pao [only Myolie's parts translated]
"TVB 2009 Sales Presentation" was held yesterday. Hundreds of stars and artistes made use of the crowd strategy to pull in more advertisement revenues from the clients, and also mainly introduced the grand productions for the following year. Among the new year's dramas, Moses Chan, Myolie Wu and Ron Ng each had four series, and were the most promoted artistes. On the other hand, Raymond Lam only had one series, showing that his level of promotion had been reduced slightly.
[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 Mp01
[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 Mp02
Nancy Wu and Myolie Wu partnered up with Kevin Cheng and appeared at the show, looking impressive.

Source: Ta Kung Pao [only Myolie's parts translated]
Myolie Wishes to Be TV Queen
Myolie Wu has four series for the upcoming year. She's very happy. The reporters pointed out that she was wearing too conservatively yesterday, and wasn't as sexy as Tavia Yeung. She laughed and said that her back actually had a large hole too, but it's just that the hole at her chest isn't as big as the other party. As for having a chance to grab the newcomer's award together with Bosco Wong at the end of the year, she joked that if there's an award, she will want to get it, but she also really wished to become TV Queen.

Source: Sing Pao [only Myolie's parts translated]
Every year, from the standing position of the artistes, it can be seen the respective individual's status and extent of favoritism. Dodo Cheng and Liza Wang were standing right in the center as usual. Beside both veterans, there were Ada Choi, Lee Sze Kei, Suzanna Kwan, Michelle Yim, Yoyo Mung, and (on the other side were) Charmaine Sheh, Myolie Wu, Tavia Yeung, Kate Tsui, Bernice Liu, Linda Chung and Fala Chen. Ada Choi, whom wasn't a contracted TVB artiste, being able to stand among the veterans, showed that she was looked upon heavily by the company.
Among all the Siu Sangs, it was Moses Chan whom was the most popular among the clients. He fulfilled every request of taking a photo from everyone. As for Kevin Cheng, "The One Emperor", bringing out "Three Empresses", whom included Tavia Yeung, Nancy Wu and Myolie Wu, they together appeared into the venue.
TVB announced their grand productions for next year, and among them, Moses Chan, Myolie Wu and Ron Ng each took part in four series each.
[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 M945122

Source: The Sun Oncc [only Myolie's parts translated]
After Charmaine-Kevin relationship had been exposed, the main parties have always avoided each other in front of people. But at the sales presentation show held last night, as TVB's contracted artistes, they were being put together by the company. Kevin was ordered to 'hook up' with Charmaine, while the other rumored couple, Bosco Wong and Myolie Wu, interlocked arms to appear at the show.
The economic crisis has hit the TV circle. In order to attract advertising clients, TVB held the sales presentation last night in a form of a carnival, inviting over hundreds of clients to attend the event. The first to appear was Kevin Cheng, whom was being hassled with rumors. He took along Tavia Yeung, Myolie Wu and Nancy Wu to appear at the event. During the closing of the ceremony, Kevin was even ordered to take rumored girlfriend, Charmaine Sheh, while the other rumored couple, Bosco Wong and Myolie Wu interlocked arms and appeared, making both rumored couples feeling embarrassed. When asked if the company deliberately arranged her to partner up with Kevin, Charmaine said, "Of course it's the company's arrangement. But it won't be awkward. It's just work." And Kevin also agreed with Charmaine's view, believing that this was just part of work. But Myolie Wu, whom was arranged to be with Bosco Wong, felt good at it, "This arrangement is quite good! Everyone is an onscreen couple!" Bosco Wong then laughed and said, "There's no problem with me partnering up with anyone. Even if it's partnering with Tavia, it's okay too!"
On the other hand, the artistes each came up with strange strategies to stand out among the others. However, Myolie Wu, whom had the promotion of four series, only wanted to be TV Queen, and wore very conservatively. She said,"My back has a very big hole!" Being pointed out that she wasn't as sexy was Tavia Yeung, she blurted out, "My chest isn't as big as hers!"
[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 Se01111250_big

Last edited by psycho 0805 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 Empty Re: [12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2

Post by psycho 0805 Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Source: Wenweipo [only Myolie's parts translated]
Yesterday, over a hundred artistes from the entire TV station took two open-air buses into the venue, and stepped onto the red carpet to attend the cocktail banquet held at the car-park. At the same venue, there were hundreds of advertising clients being invited to attend the event as well. From this year's sales presentation's standing positions, it was both Liza Wang and Dodo Cheng taking up the centered spots in the first row as usual. On the left side of Liza Wang, there were Ada Choi, Lee Sze kei, Suzanna Kwan, Michelle Yim, Yoyo Mung, Christine Ng and Sharon Chan, while on the right side of Dodo Cheng, there were Charmaine Sheh, Myolie Wu, Tavia Yeung, Kate Tsui, Bernice Liu, Linda Chung, Fala Chen. Standing in the second row, it was Kevin Cheng and Michael Miu in the center spots. On Kevin's right, there were Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng, Kenneth Ma and Sammul Chan, while on Michael's left, there were Bowie Lam, Moses Chan, Ha Yu, Joe Ma and Sunny Chan.
At the cocktail banquet, Kevin Cheng appeared with Tavia Yeung, Myolie Wu and Nancy Wu at the event. Among the three ladies, it was Tavia Yeung, whom was donning on a DonnaKaren low-cut gown worth over 300K, being the most eye-catching artiste.
Myolie had four series shown at the sales presentation. She expressed that she was very happy, and for the following year, she would be developing into both her music and TV careers. When asked if she wished to take the newcomer's award as a couple together with rumored boyfriend, Bosco Wong, Myolie laughed and said that to be able to get an award, she would certainly be happy. Last night, her dressing was more conservative, and she replied, "Not as good as Tavia Yeung! I'm not worried about the attention being diverted away."
Before the event ended, the group of artistes appeared and circled the venue one round to bid the clients farewell. Amongst it, both rumored couples, Kevin/Charmaine and Bosco/Myolie, were arranged to come out together. After that, all four of them had the same reply, stating that it was the company's arrangement, so there wouldn't be any awkwardness.

Source: Apple Daily [only Myolie's parts translated]
Under the impact of the global economic crisis, in order to keep the advertising clients, at last night's 2009 Sales Presentation, TVB sent out over hundreds of artistes to entertain the clients. The female artistes dressed up sexily - with Ada Choi, Tavia Yeung and Kate Tsui welcoming the guests with their full figures. During the program, rumored couples, Kevin Cheng/Charmaine Sheh and Myolie Wu/Bosco Wong were even ordered to hold hands together as they appeared into the studio.
At the cocktail banquet, Moses Chan, Raymond Lam and Kevin Cheng held the most attractive power, becoming the targets of young female advertising clients, as they fought to take photos with the men. Some over-enthusiastic ladies even held around their waists or interlocked their arms together, and complimented that the three men were very handsome. Lately, the weather started to turn cold. The group of female artistes still came up with their own tricks, with Ada Choi and Tavia Yeung donning the low-cut evening gown from DonnaKaran, standing out among the rest of the people present there. For this time, Myolie reserved her sexiness, and dressed up conservatively. When she appeared with Tavia Yeung, she was immediately shadowed by the latter. She defiantly said, "She (Tavia Yeung) has such a huge chest." Tavia Yeung responded with laughter, "So many advertising clients are present, so of course need to present a little of my figure."

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 Hkdailynews

Last edited by psycho 0805 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 Empty Re: [12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2

Post by linnette_zj Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Thanks for translating the news psycho!

haha..i was just about to post up the news too..lol
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:25 pm

The HK reporters just love tormenting Myolie. Now that they have nothing to say about her losing favor with TVB .... 4 series in next year and standing in the good spot, they have to comment on her dressing, that she is overshadowed by Tavia. So what if she is overshadowed by Tavia. Myolie never claim to be no.1 anyway.

Happy to note that she is close buddy with Nancy, Christine and Sharon!
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:34 pm

credit: myoliewu.org

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 20081119

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 20081120

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 20081121

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 20081111funz_TN07

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 20081111funz_TN06

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 20081111funz_TM06
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:05 pm

Credit: myoliewu.org

Affected by the coming Financial Crisis, TVB has invited many advertisements clients to TVB Sales Presentation 2009. A few actresses were sexily dressed, such as Ada, Tavia and Kate. During the show,
rumoured couples, Charmaine and Kevin as well as Myolie and Bosco were walking hand in hand.

[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2 12ec3p10

[08/11/12 新聞] 阿 佘 、 嘉 穎 拖 手冧 客 (蘋果東新聞)

全 球 金 融 海 嘯 影 響 下 , 無 為 保 廣 告 客 戶 , 在 昨 晚 的 《 2009 無 節 目 巡 禮 》 , 出 動 逾百 藝 員 廣 告 商 , 眾 女 藝 員 性 感 出 擊 , 蔡 少 芬 ( Ada ) 、 楊 怡 及 徐 子 珊 等 齊 以 豐 胸 迎賓 , 在節 目 中 緋 聞 情 人 佘 詩 曼 與 鄭 嘉 穎 及 胡 杏 兒 和 黃 宗 澤 更 奉 旨 手 拖 手 出 場 。
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:06 pm

^ Myolie is being blocked in the picture.. she is behind Linda and Raymond
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:52 pm

So happy for Myolie, because before the Sales Presentation she did not know she has so many series haha. The most series out of the ladies, my only wish is that the series having very good scripts and her characters being so strong & likable by most of the audience. bwahahaha

Much series does not mean going to win the best actress award, so I hope at least one of the four series will be her breakthrough role! wave
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:16 pm

^I agree. Quality over quantity.

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hermidude Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Quote: "Myolie appeared to be very coy as well. She said, "Very busy. Also didn't receive the company's notification to film the trailers, and thought that I had no part in it. But now, I'm very happy.""

I don't understand, so perhpas we won't see the sales presentation clips for WOIL3 and Ron-Sunny-Myolie series becuase she was not informed to film the trailers?

Notice the standing positions; Char is always "first"; Something about her is weird...She has such a nice, elegant dress, but it's spoiled by her golden belt. They don't quite match.

Thenk, we have Myolie, Tavia, kate, Bernice, Linda, and Fala; I'm surprise about how LInda is underdressed and standing after Kate and bernice. Very evidenly, after MR, TVb is begining to see Tavia's potential. She will be almost in same position with Char in the upcoming grand production "Lau Sam Ho". I'm really surprised that Linda is put after kate and Bernice; Seems like Kate is also getting a lot of attention. But I think during the ending, when artist are paried up....Linda gets to walk after Char-Kevin, becuawe she is paried with Ray; Bosco-Myolie comes after them. Ray is still very hot despite the "noise" that he only has one series next year. He is going to focus on his singing and perhpas plenty of other extra money for advertisement.

As for the other side...it's understandable after "The Last Standing" that Yoyo Mung is priority; then christine, Sharon, and Nancy. I'm sorry that nancy has not gotten the attention she deserves. I hope she will in the upcoming years. I think she has worked really hard.

I agree with everyone....Quality over quantity...it's really hard to say 2009 will be for Myolie...I pray it will be role-breaking year and best actress 2009.
hermidude
hermidude
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by hermidude Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:59 pm

Here is a slip from youtube by "DungChangXiWang"; Funny part of Kevin-Myolie-Nancy expressing what kind of advertisement they will like to lead in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwtFRPVMBc8
hermidude
hermidude
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:03 am

I don't mean to pour cold water and be pessimistic. In view of her series in 2009, I don't think her roles are strong enough for her to attain the best actress status. If TVB continue to give her such roles, she will never attain the best actress award

Hence, it is quality and not quantity. But, I always admire Myolie positive attitude. If not next year, then the following year, and so forth. ...

I am changing my postings basically I believe TVB is developing Myolie to be a all-rounded artiste and not merely focusing on dramas, which is great.

Last edited by AddyLeong on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AddyLeong
AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am

AddyLeong wrote:I don't mean to pour cold water and be pessimistic. In view of her series in 2009, I don't think her roles are strong enough for her to attain the best actress status. If TVB continue to give her such roles, she will never attain the best actress award.

I share the same sentiments with you. Actually I don't agree with the reports saying that she's the most promoted/favored just because she has 4 series for the upcoming year. With 2 male-dominated series and 2 comedies, all I can say is there's nothing very different from what she has done for the past few years. And yeah, I doubt that those roles can make such a strong impact that makes us go 'WOW' or worthy of the Best Actress award (but I do welcome TVB to prove me wrong, really).

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:38 am

psycho 0805 wrote:
AddyLeong wrote:I don't mean to pour cold water and be pessimistic. In view of her series in 2009, I don't think her roles are strong enough for her to attain the best actress status. If TVB continue to give her such roles, she will never attain the best actress award.

I share the same sentiments with you. Actually I don't agree with the reports saying that she's the most promoted/favored just because she has 4 series for the upcoming year. With 2 male-dominated series and 2 comedies, all I can say is there's nothing very different from what she has done for the past few years. And yeah, I doubt that those roles can make such a strong impact that makes us go 'WOW' or worthy of the Best Actress award (but I do welcome TVB to prove me wrong, really).

me too. i had this thought too. i think chau heung and WOIL III may be better than the other two. i think myolie might have been disappointed for not being cast in a grand production. she's totally qualify for it. *sign*, maybe we have to wait a few years.

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:46 am

sasa wrote: i think myolie might have been disappointed for not being cast in a grand production. she's totally qualify for it. *sign*, maybe we have to wait a few years.

2009's grand productions look so interesting......and she has no part in any of them T_T

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:06 am

psycho 0805 wrote:

Exactly. Can't agree with you more. How can Myolie be favoured when she is excluded from all the grand production year-on-year while other actresses TVB heavily promote ( though their fans dispute that she is not promoted by TVB) get the grand productions year after year. Moreover the type of roles she play do not change since 2003/2004,..my goodness. And no offence to those fans who support WOIL, since 2005 she played the daughter-in-law vs mother-in-law and in 2009, she still play daughter-in-law vs mother-in-law. Get real... how much can we expect one to improve in the span of 4 years still playing the same role. In 4 years, one can actually achieve a lot.
AddyLeong
AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:01 am

^ I actually also wished that Myolie can get included in one of the grand productions. The grand ancient women series that TVB will film next year looks really great but sadly Myolie Myolie never gets a chance to play one of those characters in those kind of productions.

Myolie might be leading in WOIL3 and Chau Heung but at the same time yeaps these are small scale comedies only.

lollipop
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by queerbee Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:13 am

i hope the best for myolie!
queerbee
queerbee
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:20 am

Myolie might get lucky and be in a highly acclaimed drama like she was when she was highly promoted in 2005 with Wars of the in laws being the number 1 ranking show for the year.

The only producer to give Myolie truly breakthrough roles is Tommy Leung(GF, TMOTC & SL).

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:58 am

We can all sit around and just talk about this or we can do something about it. For those that are working, should know the most powerful source of communication around the world is what? Yes, and that's email. I can't do this all by myself and I have communicated with TVB endlessly using email about this subject/matter. Why don't some of you try to do this and flood TVB with your email and convey your feelings and what you think about it.

Would it do any good? I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to try. Example: In SCD2, after their first pair performance, I sent nearly five emails to TVB to talk about those two judges. Guess what happened? The male judge disappeared and the lady judge started to change her scoring technique. Maybe it was time for that male judge to be recyle, or whether that is a coincident or not, I don't know, but hey, I think I strongly felt I got the message across.

Give it a try. It never hurt if we all try to let them know, righrt? We are her pro-netizens right and we are here to support her goal.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Caja Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:07 pm

Hmm ok,I just don't really like her outfit and it looks weird on her cry
But I like the accessories smile

Anyways,it seems that TVB paired the promoted/rumoured couple together... Like Raymond with Linda,Kevin/Charmaine and Myolie with Bosco.

I 'm really excited for WOIL 3,even sisters got excited too
smile
Caja
Caja
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

http://www.cajablogger.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:26 pm

haha..u mean ur sisters are excited too? i'm so looking forward to WOIL 3...haha..especially that it is something different.. but just hope no clumsy roles kinda thingy again.

Yup.. this year TVB seems to be promoting their rumoured couples.. with Kevin and Char in a drama, bosco and myolie in a drama and Linda and Raymond in a drama
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:13 pm

psycho 0805 wrote:
sasa wrote: i think myolie might have been disappointed for not being cast in a grand production. she's totally qualify for it. *sign*, maybe we have to wait a few years.

2009's grand productions look so interesting......and she has no part in any of them T_T

Overtime, as Myolie's fan I learnt to have NO EXPECTATION at all, just like I am trying very hard to learn to be immunized against Myolie-haters and negative press reports. Never to expect any grand production from TVB to Myolie. Resign to the fact that grand productions go to LSK, Susanne Kwan, Michelle, Charmaine, Tavia, Linda, Fala, Katie, etc. and all other artistes except Myolie. Previously, each year I look with great anticipation and hope that Myolie get to be in the grand production of the year but not anymore. If it ever happen, it would be a very pleasant surprise. Recently, of course, had a pleasant surprise was when Myolie won an award in the Shanghai. This was least expected especially opposite Lam Fung. Thought that it would have gone to the TVB favorites like Charmaine or Tavia.

So, with 4 mini series in 2009, I am quite satisfied. It is better than nothing. Hope that in 2009, Myolie would be less exposed to anti-netizens. I realised after regularly visiting some of the bloggers' sites during this whole year that these antis are actually fans of other artistes. The trend is however, they felt that their artiste is being overlook by TVB but on the other hand, TVB promotes Myolie and vent their anger at those artistes they think TVB heavily promotes.
How shallow of them. They just look at the surface. Hopefully it wouldn't be so in 2009 as these fans began to realise that actually TVB does promote their artiste a great deal and she has reached the level they desired for her and would then leave Myolie alone.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:08 pm

CheersMyolie wrote:
psycho 0805 wrote:

Overtime, as Myolie's fan I learnt to have NO EXPECTATION at all, just like I am trying very hard to learn to be immunized against Myolie-haters and negative press reports. Never to expect any grand production from TVB to Myolie. Resign to the fact that grand productions go to LSK, Susanne Kwan, Michelle, Charmaine, Tavia, Linda, Fala, Katie, etc. and all other artistes except Myolie. Previously, each year I look with great anticipation and hope that Myolie get to be in the grand production of the year but not anymore. If it ever happen, it would be a very pleasant surprise. Recently, of course, had a pleasant surprise was when Myolie won an award in the Shanghai. This was least expected especially opposite Lam Fung. Thought that it would have gone to the TVB favorites like Charmaine or Tavia.

So, with 4 mini series in 2009, I am quite satisfied. It is better than nothing. Hope that in 2009, Myolie would be less exposed to anti-netizens. I realised after regularly visiting some of the bloggers' sites during this whole year that these antis are actually fans of other artistes. The trend is however, they felt that their artiste is being overlook by TVB but on the other hand, TVB promotes Myolie and vent their anger at those artistes they think TVB heavily promotes.
How shallow of them. They just look at the surface. Hopefully it wouldn't be so in 2009 as these fans began to realise that actually TVB does promote their artiste a great deal and she has reached the level they desired for her and would then leave Myolie alone.

I agree with you that i'm really satisfied that Myolie has 4 series next year and hoping that she will be accepted by netizens again. :)

I believe that Myolie is still TVB favourite. If not, she will not be given 4 series and the chance to produce an album as well. Even during the TVB sales presentation, she was next to Charmaine, showing that she is once of the top fadans. in addition, if we actually look at this year itself, she had many events, functions, magazine interviews/covers, radio interviews, etc etc.

Even if Myolie doesn't get any grand production, it doesn't matter. Is award really such a big deal... i mean yes, it will definitely be nice to have an award and it shows that her efforts are rewarded..but, if there isn't, it is not that bad.. disappointments i understand.. but her job is more than an award. She enjoys her job and she has many other side jobs too. At the end of the day, if she is happy, thats worth more than a grand production and award.

As for netizens, everyone has their own opinion. Myolie's job isn't to please everyone. No one can please everyone. So, just let them say what they like. Myolie's conscience is clear so who cares. haha
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:40 pm

CheersMyolie wrote:Overtime, as Myolie's fan I learnt to have NO EXPECTATION at all, just like I am trying very hard to learn to be immunized against Myolie-haters and negative press reports. Never to expect any grand production from TVB to Myolie. Resign to the fact that grand productions go to LSK, Susanne Kwan, Michelle, Charmaine, Tavia, Linda, Fala, Katie, etc. and all other artistes except Myolie. Previously, each year I look with great anticipation and hope that Myolie get to be in the grand production of the year but not anymore. If it ever happen, it would be a very pleasant surprise. Recently, of course, had a pleasant surprise was when Myolie won an award in the Shanghai. This was least expected especially opposite Lam Fung. Thought that it would have gone to the TVB favorites like Charmaine or Tavia.

Actually I don't care about what the antis say or whoever they support in reality, though I do read on them from time to time. But really, as time goes by, everything they say sounds so repetitive that I feel so numb inside. I just feel bad for the idols whom they support =P
But then, I don't agree on not having any expectations at all [not trying to go against your opinion here =p]. After all, it directly concerns Myo's career development. I've to admit that I've certain expectations for Myo every year too. For me, grand productions will normally mean higher exposure, and more chances to work with veterans. As such, I'll feel a little bothered if she doesn't have a part in the grand productions. Okay, the previous one was TDOL back in 07 - though her role was more of a supporting/minor one, I still thought that at least this drama was filmed to suit the taste of the Mainland audience, and thus increase her exposure to the Mainland audience (sometimes, it's not just acting/role that I consider, but her whole career in general;other than the fact that she got to work with Ray too XD). For 2008, she has BF3 - I think this can considered one of the bigger productions, so yup, I felt satisfied too (though I was a little disappointed at the given role again, and this is an all-men's show, but still, it was her first time working with another producer from a different camp - a good sign right?). So naturally, I'll look forward to seeing her in a grand production in 2009 which can offer her something different or more challenging.

I'm not trying to say that TVB's not favoring or promoting her. Just to clarify this point. She's certainly still one of the top Fadans, and definitely sharing a close and pleasant relationship with her company =P I'm just wondering if they're taking her career into the right direction (Just a little worried, cos she's stepping into the 10th year of her career next year already). Yes, of course I'm happy that she has 4 mini-series (3 to be exact; BF3 isn't really mini right? nervous), but like I said before, quality over quantity. If the roles are going to be repetitive, I will rather she not act in so many dramas (well I've no idea how much say she has in accepting/rejecting a role). She still has her music that she can focus on for the coming year, doesn't she? I'll think it'll be more beneficial to her career as a whole.

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next