Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[20 January 2009] Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep

+8
hkangel
my-only
hajience
CheersMyolie
linnette_zj
go_myo
Bubbles9294
psycho 0805
12 posters

Go down

[20 January 2009] Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep Empty [20 January 2009] Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep

Post by psycho 0805 Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 pm

[20 January 2009] Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep Myomypaper

Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep [Source: MyPaper (Singapore)]

Last November, Myolie Wu released her debut album, Evolve. Although the results were pretty good and she also won quite a number of newcomer awards at various HK music award ceremonies, she said that filming dramas during the release of her album period made her feel pretty weary.

During the last weekend, Myolie arrived in Singapore to do promotions. When talking about her experience of releasing an album, she said, "Last November and December were the most taxing. Because in November, there were many jobs during the TVB Anniversary period. I also had to do album promotions, and film a drama, Chau Heung Angers Tong Bak Fu. In December, I even went to Macau to hold a mini-concert. So everyday was very busy. I didn't have time to take a decent meal or have adequate sleep. During mealtimes, I need to rehearse for my dance in the TVB Anniversary. As for sleep, I only had an hour."

A self-confessed workaholic, Myolie Wu pointed out that being a singer made her learn many things, "I've always liked singing. This time, from choosing songs, to designing the image, to promotions, all these were very good experiences for me. After all, acting is all about being someone else, while singing is started from myself."

But she also said that there was quite a lot of pressure, "I've been in this industry for 9 years, and left a deep impression of my acting image on everyone. I've never thought that everyone would welcome and accept me as a singer, so this gave me a lot of encouragement."

Since the release of the album, Myolie Wu has not asked about the sales figure, but she said, "The company must have felt that the sales are pretty good, so we're preparing for the next album now. If this album hasn't been selling well, I think the company would not be so silly to invest money into producing albums for me, haha!"

Acting As 'Martial Artist Chau Heung', She Was Being Complimented As Having Talent
Myolie Wu has just finished filming 'Chau Heung Angers Tong Bak Fu' with Moses Chan, Fala Chen and many others. She's acting as Chau Heung, who's adept in martial arts. Having to display martial arts skills in there, she said, "Before the filming started, I did take up some lessons, like the leg kicks etc. I'm quite fond of doing action scenes. Everyone complimented that I have talent and that I'm stylish/cool. I'm very happy."

As for whether she's worried that people will take Gong Li's portrayal of Chau Heung in Stephen Chow's movie to compare with hers, she laughed and said, "She's my idol, and is gorgeous. We can't be compared at all."

So far, there are sources that mention that the WOIL series, after going through the ancient and modern times, will be having the final installment on vampires. Myolie Wu said that she hasn't received confirmed news about this yet, "I've heard of it, but I'm not very sure. Of course I hope for another cooperation, because I feel happy during each cooperation. But have to see if the theme is suitable. I don't wish to film out bad things, and spoil our golden reputation, haha!"

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[20 January 2009] Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep Empty Re: [20 January 2009] Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep

Post by Bubbles9294 Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:39 pm

How I wish there is a sequel for WOIL with the same cast. smile

Bubbles9294
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

[20 January 2009] Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep Empty Re: [20 January 2009] Release Of Album Coincided With TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu Only Had An Hour Of Sleep

Post by go_myo Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks for the translation!!

Yes I agree if vampires is a suitable theme...
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:22 pm

psycho!! support support! haha.. Thanks for translating the news!

After watching Twilight, haha.. if the theme for woil 3 is on vampires, i would love it too! haha
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm

''.....If this album hasn't been selling well, I think the company would not be so silly to invest money into producing albums for me, haha!"

especially during these ecomonic climate
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by hajience Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:54 pm

If the theme for WOIL3 is on vampires, I'll go crazy over it. Hahaha. I so miss dramas related to vampires! The My Date With A Vampire series is so classic. I love that. And I'm currently rewatching that! Hahaha. They should should should film it!
hajience
hajience
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/hajience

Back to top Go down

Post by my-only Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:58 pm

I'll be glad if there is WOIL 3 but still prefer that they do some thing new with the main cast, something serious or dramatic would be cool.
my-only
my-only
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 am

Thanks for the long translations!

I'm still 50/50 about WOIL3... it might turn out a success if the script is right, but it can also turn out terribly wrong and ruin the WOIL series...
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by PPearl Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:55 am

thanks for the translations.

Myolie works really hard. i marvel at her energy and her ability to function with those sleepless hours. jia you, Myolie and rest well too! :)
PPearl
PPearl
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by boscolie_x3 Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 am

poor myo ;[

thanks for sharing^_^
boscolie_x3
boscolie_x3
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by chuajoanne Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:41 pm

haha! hopefully they are going to film this! looking forwarddddd!! :D
thanks for translation! :D
chuajoanne
chuajoanne
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:43 pm

I truly and really hope that Myolie will never, ever, never again, have to go through those hardship that she went through which she spoke about here.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down