Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[27 Apr 08] A Drama-Packed 4th Round of Strictly Come Dancing/Potential Champion Team of Strictly Come Dancing

+4
yxljan
Caja
Wenbie
psycho 0805
8 posters

Go down

[27 Apr 08]  A Drama-Packed 4th Round of Strictly Come Dancing/Potential Champion Team of Strictly Come Dancing Empty [27 Apr 08] A Drama-Packed 4th Round of Strictly Come Dancing/Potential Champion Team of Strictly Come Dancing

Post by psycho 0805 Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:54 pm

[27 Apr 08 Analysis] A Drama-Packed 4th Round of Strictly Come Dancing

Awaiting for the fourth round of the competition was much more exciting than I thought it would be. The new season of the female stars brought out a different impression tonight. The following descriptions are how I judged each of them:

First up was Sha Li - cute and engaging. The only flaw in her performance was that her hair wig dropped off accidentally. When watching her last solo and pose and thought that the dropping of the wig was merely a requirement of the dance, but later on the host praised her for being quick-witted, and then she somehow understood. Frankly speaking, it was funny watching that scene, and not to forget to praise her intelligence and cute personality.

Having missed the previous 2 rounds of competition, Nancy Wu, being addressed as the "dancing queen", did not really perform up to the standard of last week's dance. But it's evident that she belonged to the type of contestant whom will go far in this competition.

Yang Ruo Xi's part was filled with drama. It was a close scare since she did not have sufficient practice time, but the result was very smooth and natural. Both the judges and audience gave her worthy marks to recognize her efforts.

This season's TVB female representative stars are more emotional than the previous season. From the end of the dance performance to the the moment of the successful PK, it's evident that Christine Ng was a emotional lady. I wonder if she can follow up in Sonija's path to create her own legend, so everyone can look forward to it.

Niu Meng Meng is one of my favorite dancing stars tonight. Seeing her training so hard in the VCR, tonight she's like a hot fireball - her hairstyle/dressing and dance parts were perfect!

Angela Tong portrays "I'm a cat". Enchanting, yet bold. Because of the strong competitors, so there may be many uncertain possibilities for her in future.

Just like what the host had said in her introduction, Myolie is the most hardworking contestant and also one whom engaged most deeply into the competition. Tonight, she's the one whom touched me most. For a lady whom sees dancing as an interest and also determined to give out all, her improvement will only continue to happen. This is not only where the charm of "Strictly Come Dancing" lies in, but most importantly, the meaningfulness and inspiration it gives us.

Another contestant whom touched me was Chen Lu. She's plain yet graceful, and also watching her dancing to perfection despite the injury. Her insistence is not only for the program and responsibility towards the audience and friends, but also a show of courage and determination. Just like what Yang Yang said, this moment did not need any more praises - she's the icon of courage and elegance.

Grace Wong is another contestant whom I liked most tonight. The previous round's style did not suit her much, but tonight's dressing and dance was very enjoyable. Later on in the pairing segment, she even revealed a more playful side of herself. Now thinking back on it, the style in the previous round made her look older, and gave her a not-really-pleasing maturity.

Ending is Li Ji Xia's challenge. Frankly speaking, dance choreography and the atmosphere was not bad, but her dressing/hairstyle was exaggerating. Although she was at a disadvantage, her attitude was still good. We also need a spirit of challenging and winning over oneself.

Other than the interesting dance performances, the part where the pairings would be revealed was both entertaining and dramatic too. The initially-leading pair, Yu Hao Ming and Nancy Wu, was thought to be in for sure, but the result was unexpected. Maybe Grace Wong is also a very suitable candidate after all. On the other hand, Kenneth Ma and Niu Meng Meng really got paired up. The team of Eddie Kwan and Christine Ng held huge resemblance to one of the teams, "Limitless"(?), in the first season. But it's unknown if they will have the same chemistry. Looking forward to more exciting performances by these dancing stars.

Credits: myoliewu.org & ent.qq.com

==========

[27 Apr 08 Analysis] The Potential Champion Pairing in Strictly Come Dancing

After four rounds of competition for the second season of "Strictly Come Dancing", TVB's Derek Kwok and French lady Li Ji Xia were both being eliminated. The result was not very unexpected. Both strong and popular contestants were subsequently being paired up into 9 different teams after advancing through the next stage of the competition.

After these four rounds, the average strength of the contestants were better than the previous season, but it lacks of a top-notch dancer like Michael Tse, so it can be said the difference between each team is narrowed down by a lot. Thus, this will make it more competitive, so the difficulty to predict the champion for this season is much higher too. However, combining the rules of clinching the championship, the strengths of this year's contestants and other factors, it's still a little obvious to guess the winning team for this year. Below is a simplified analysis of each team's chances at its take for the champion:

Grace Wong & Yu Hao Ming
Chances: 85
Final Result: Final 3
Similar Team [previous season]: Shirley Yeung & Zhang Jie
Typical pairing of Hunan-Tv and TVB. Grace Wong allowed everyone to see her dance foundation through these 2 rounds of competition, and the 10-mark given by judges proved her capability. Yu Hao Ming is being one of the artistes being heavily promoted by Hunan-TV and Tianyu Media. This team, comprising of both strength and popularity, is capable of successfully going into the final 3 stage. But to take down the champion position, they still need to spend a lot of effort, especially Yu Hao Ming whom seems lacking in his dancing capabilities. Last year, the pairing of Tang Xiao and Michael Tse depended on their dancing strengths to defeat the very popular pairing of Shirley Yeung and Zhang Jie.

Nancy Wu & Li Cheng Xuan
Chances: 90
Final Result: Final 2
Similar Team: Michael Tse and Tang Xiao
Another typical pair of TVB and Hunan-TV. Nancy Wu and Li Cheng Xuan brought out their perfect dance moves for the previous 2 rounds, especially Nancy. The perfect, full marks had already helped her to accumulate some popularity, so the next crucial step is for Li Cheng Xuan's development. If this pairing wins in the end, it will also open up the doors of Hunan-Tv internationally.

Christine Ng & Eddie Kwan
Chances: 35
Final Result: Bottom 3
Similar Team: Joe Ma and Zhou Jia Wei
Typical internal TVB pairing. If Eddie Kwan can't "protect" himself, then Christine's dancing foundation is too weak. For both of them, the biggest mystery will be which round this pairing will be eliminated.

Niu Meng Meng & Kenneth Ma
Chances: 70
Final Result: Final 6
Similar Team: Zhang Jia Ni and Yuan Wei Hao
Although this is also a HunanTv-TVB pairing, this team did not present any champion looks. Niu Meng Meng's strength is quite good compared to other female stars, but when met with Kenneth Ma, whom lacked of a dancing background, the chances of winning the crown are greatly diminished. But taken into consideration that Kenneth Ma is TVB's heavily-promoted siu sang, this pairing might have hope into fighting into the Final 6.

Chen Lu & Timmy Hung
Chances: 70
Final Results: Final 6
Similar Team: Qin Feng and Stephen Hyunh
The situation is similar to Niu Meng Meng and Kenneth Ma. Basically because of Timmy Hung, this pairing won't have the chance to fight into the Final 3. Most probably, this team will have to compete with the team of Niu Meng Meng/Kenneth Ma for the Final 5 positions.

Yang Ruo Xi & Zhang Jun Ning
Chances: 85
Final Result: Final 3
Similar Team: Zhang Na and Ji Jie
Being the male contestant with the most probable champion look, Zhang Jun Ning won't falter because of the low 6-mark, and to add on, Yang Ruo Xi is also one of the stronger female contestants. This team has the power to fight for the champion position. But, a pity that both of them are from the Hunan team, so the chances of being the winner are not high. However, being in the Final 3 is a definite.

Sha Li & Dong Fang
Chances: 20
Final Results: Bottom 2
Similar Team: Li Xue Qing and Zhu Jiang
Both from Thailand, because of the difference in strength, it will be difficult for them to have any achievements. Getting through the first round will be a more realistic target for both of them to work on.

Myolie Wu & Kevin Cheng
Chances: 60
Final Result: Final 5
Similar Team: Sonija Kwok and Carlo Ng
The team of about-to-be TV queen, Myolie Wu, and TV king, Kevin Cheng, will be sufficiently "looked after" till the Final 5. Whether they can advance further through will depend on them having to spend a great deal of time and effort on dancing.

Angela Tong & Gao Zi Qi
Chances: 40
Final Result: Bottom 3
Similar Team: Zhu Jiang and Li Xue Qing
Insufficient strength, even lower popularity. This Hunan-TVB team is destined to be the first to be eliminated from the competition.

Credits: myoliewu.org & ent.qq.com

==========
Agree/disagree with the above comments?
How far do you think Kevolie will go in this competition?

Last edited by psycho 0805 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[27 Apr 08]  A Drama-Packed 4th Round of Strictly Come Dancing/Potential Champion Team of Strictly Come Dancing Empty Re: [27 Apr 08] A Drama-Packed 4th Round of Strictly Come Dancing/Potential Champion Team of Strictly Come Dancing

Post by Wenbie Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks for the translation. Is this an opinion from an editor?

Yeah I find that most of the TVB artistes are quite emotional compared to the Hunan artistes. You can see that they've put a lot of effort into it and are very serious about this competition ^^ more serious that giving birth to a child quoting from Law Ka Ying haha
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

[27 Apr 08]  A Drama-Packed 4th Round of Strictly Come Dancing/Potential Champion Team of Strictly Come Dancing Empty Re: [27 Apr 08] A Drama-Packed 4th Round of Strictly Come Dancing/Potential Champion Team of Strictly Come Dancing

Post by psycho 0805 Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Yup both are actually opinions/analysis from ent.qq.com

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Oh this is where the other article went. I typed a long reply in the other one and when I pressed "send" it said topic doesn't exist =.= LOL.

Anyway, it's hard to say who will advance through to final 3, I believe there will be surprises from the weaker teams. But Grace|YHM and Nancy|LCX are definitely the stronger teams in this competition.

All I hope for is Kevolie not to get eliminated in the first round lol
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 pm

Wenbie wrote:Oh this is where the other article went. I typed a long reply in the other one and when I pressed "send" it said topic doesn't exist =.= LOL.

Anyway, it's hard to say who will advance through to final 3, I believe there will be surprises from the weaker teams. But Grace|YHM and Nancy|LCX are definitely the stronger teams in this competition.

All I hope for is Kevolie not to get eliminated in the first round lol

I'm so sorry about merging both topics together at the last minute =.= So is this your original reply? Cos I like reading analysis, and I'll love to read yours too.

Maybe this trend is pretty obvious, but the males are evidently weaker than their female counterparts in some of the teams, so that's to say, whether a team does well will pretty much depend on how the male partner performs?

LOL highly doubt so for your last point XD Unless Kevolie dances really, really, really badly =.= [trying to show the worst-case scenario lol]
but I'm kinda anxious to know what kind of dance they'll be performing actually.

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Caja Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Not bad review for Kevolie
Caja
Caja
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

http://www.cajablogger.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yxljan Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 am

thats a very realistic review from the source.
The YHM/Grace and Nancy/LCX pairing is definitely gonna be in the finals based on popularity. looks and dancing skills. however i hope that Kevolie will be able to spring some surprises.

yxljan
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce20176 Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:43 am

Thanks again for the translation. YHM & Grace and Nancy & LCX pairings are sure strongest out of all, but who knows miracle can happen right, Kevolie might make it further and to final 3 cause they both hard working, they put their heart and determination into this competition, so they will go further, add oil!!! Kevolie is not a weak team and they wont get eliminate that early. Anways good luck to them next week. I am so anxious to know what kind of dance they will perform.
joyce20176
joyce20176
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:08 am

To be quite honest, it's almost certain that Kevolie won't be getting past maybe Final 5??? LOL... and I can almost see Grace/YHM & Nancy/Korean dude being the final two pairs left. This way, whoever wins will benefit both the Hunan and TVB sides. Kevolie's already at a disadvantage with both members from only one side (TVB's).

Seems like a lot of fans are rooting for the obvious stronger teams (Grace's and Nancy's). I'm still rooting for Kevolie even though I doubt they'd win, LOL. I'm rooting for them because they're the underdogs here, and because they have gone such a long way starting with zero dance background. I'm hoping to see some more surprises and miracles from the Burning Flames couple before they get booted out, and they can continue their chemistry for another 4 months when they get back to HK happy
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:01 am

I'm going to go the distance here and hope the TVB team of the century of Kevin and Myolie to come up a winner in this contest, even though all feel they don't have a good chance of winning this contest. If the judges will only see what they see and judge by performance and the artistry of their routine, I should see a winner in them. I'm not even going to be pessismistic about this. No other reason for my feeling except just faith; faith that they could pull it off.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Mon May 05, 2008 9:09 pm

Yes I doubt too if Kevolie will win. As I see the scores of the judges they give very much 9's and 10's to Nancy's & Grace's team. Kevolie highest score is only 9 ...

It seems the fans and the judges prefer nancy & grace's team...
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down