Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[23 Septmber 2008] Myolie hasn't gotten use to her new role as a singer

+6
goldengater
sasa
awesomeitsjackie
Wenbie
hkangel
linnette_zj
10 posters

Go down

[23 Septmber 2008] Myolie hasn't gotten use to her new role as a singer Empty [23 Septmber 2008] Myolie hasn't gotten use to her new role as a singer

Post by linnette_zj Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Credit: Myolie's Baidu - winnie2628

Photobucket

Myolie has signed a contract with a recording company recently and is starting to promote her new songs and album. She came to Xeng Cheng Radio Station to promote her new song "Solo Travelling". She smiled and said that she is still adjusting to her role as a singer. Asked if she is not used to the idea that she is promoting her album and songs even before the album is out? She said: "Drama series is a teamwork while singer is a single person so even if i have to put in more effort, it is worth it."

Myolie's new album is scheduled to release in November, but after that, sh has to film a new drama series, but she said definitely has to try her best to take time out to do promotions. With regards to the award ceremony at the end of the year, Myolie was asked if she is confident about winning a tvb awards? She laughed and said that she will not think so much, as long as she do her own job well, its enough and she will not treat Linda Chung who is the other new tvb singer as a compeititor.

Original Text:

杏儿未习惯歌手身分
2008-09-23 (17:49)

胡杏儿早前签约唱片公司,亦开始为其新歌宣传,杏儿到新城电台为新歌《单身旅行》宣传,她笑指正在适应歌手的身分,问她是否不习惯歌手未出碟,便要为新歌宣传的方法,她说:「剧集是群体的,而歌手是个人,所以自己付出多点力也是值得的。」

杏儿的新碟预计在11月推出,但接著又要拍新剧,她指一定要尽量抽时间作宣传。至於年底的众多颁奖礼中,杏儿会否对无线的颁奖礼特别有信心?她笑言不会想太多,只要做好自己本份便可,亦不会当无线另一新人钟嘉欣是竞争对手
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[23 Septmber 2008] Myolie hasn't gotten use to her new role as a singer Empty Re: [23 Septmber 2008] Myolie hasn't gotten use to her new role as a singer

Post by hkangel Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Thanks for the translations, linnette! smile

I'm so used to seeing Myo in black, it was a surprise to see her in white. She looks really nice.
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[23 Septmber 2008] Myolie hasn't gotten use to her new role as a singer Empty Re: [23 Septmber 2008] Myolie hasn't gotten use to her new role as a singer

Post by linnette_zj Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:52 pm

No problem! :D Yeah..i think she looks nice and fresher in white...haha
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Thanks for the news, Linn!

Myolie can so get attacked with that comment... Singing is team work too lol.. no composer, lyricist, and band = no singer. And most of the times the singers would have to communicate with the composers and lyricists before they can write the songs.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Another pic:

[23 Septmber 2008] Myolie hasn't gotten use to her new role as a singer Ncbrka01_20080923204046_big

from on.cc
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 pm

wow Myolie is so SLIMMM!! she looks nice in white. Yea, she can get attacked for that, but i love how she ignores everyone's harsh comments and does her own thing, and you're doinga fine job! Jia You!!
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:21 am

I think she meant promoting for the series or song. When you're promoting on screen for the series, all the celebs come out and promote the series. When you're a singer, you're the only one on screen promoting the song. I think this is what she means because she is answering the reporter's question regarding having time to promote for her song. I am sure if she wins anything, she will thank the people behind the scene. We fans should know how Myolie is right?

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:50 am

sasa wrote:I think she meant promoting for the series or song. When you're promoting on screen for the series, all the celebs come out and promote the series. When you're a singer, you're the only one on screen promoting the song. I think this is what she means because she is answering the reporter's question regarding having time to promote for her song. I am sure if she wins anything, she will thank the people behind the scene. We fans should know how Myolie is right?
I agreed with this interpretation...
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:03 am

Balancing her role as a TVB actress/artists/fadan and trying to be a singer at the same time is kind of difficult to do. I agreed with her on that. I really hope she could balance it and come out successful. I definitely want to wish her lots of luck with her new role as a singer. I hope she will come out in flying color. At the same time, I also hope that nobody will feel that her music will be taken as having to compete with the other actress/artist. It's just the timing. Maybe Neway could push this back a little more, maybe use it to help Myolie work out the kinks in her new songs and give it some time for her to improve on her singing.

Last edited by goldengater on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:07 am

I'm starting to like her hair more and more, it looks good, and so does she, I like her in casual clothing sometimes.
Yea, Myolie is so strong she can just ignore rumours and bashings and just keep doing her work.. thanks for the news !
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by bblui Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:21 am

*sigh* I am happy that Myolie's singer dream is going to come true. She has really worked hard to acheive what she wants. I think she wants to be a singer more than anyone else in TVB. I don't see Linda is really passionate about singing because (no offense to any Linda's fans) I don't think she can sing at all. Her voice is too weak and soft. Anyway, tho I am very happy for Myolie, I am upset that TVB has kinda been unfair to Myolie. She hardly participates in any grand production as a main role. She does not got promoted like Linda, Kate and Fala Now, it seems that Tavia is so much popular than Myolie because of MR (rumor has been saying that she has a high chance of getting the Best Actress). I like Tavia, too. But it just that Myolie never got a favorable yet chanllenging role like Tavia or other actresses. Myolie always get very similar roles that has already been making people feel annoyed and feel that she never improve on her acting. I just feel that the time when Myolie can get TVB Best Actress Award has already passed. Like people already think the actings of Tavia, Fala and Linda are like really good and improving while Myolie is still the same. And I am sad about that! I think Myolie deserves a chance to be better promoted like put her in a major production with a challenging role (like Tavia or Fala in MR) that can let audience to see her other sides. As a fan, I want to see her in different roles or aspects, like to see her shine more and more on tv or stage. sad
bblui
bblui
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:46 am

Yes, bblui agree with all you said. It is true that Myolie is much LESS promoted than the Tavia, Linda, Fala and Kate. I suppose the fact that TVB in giving Myolie the same role all the time same and no grand production at all tell it all. Tavia's case is different. TVB arranged for her to star in all the top series in 2007 and 2008 and give her all rounded exposure from the start. She is definitely the one that TVB want to promote as the TVB Queen. Or else, the reigning TV Kings and Queens won't be supporting her. After MR , it all became apparent. Hence just can't agree with Tavia fans who always complaining that she is under-promoted by TVB. Since when is Tavia under promoted? If Tavia is under promoted, what about our myolie?
So, can't compare Myolie to Tavia. TVB has different career plans for them.

The next in the line is Linda. So, I guess Myolie already knew all these all along , so when she is asked about awards, she simply said that she is not competing for awards but just do her part well.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:56 am

I'm tired of the rantings. There is a specific thread if you want to rant about anti-fans. >_< Myolie's role in BF3 and the upcoming ancient series with Moses seems like "new roles".

Last time I checked, Linda was criticized for her role in MR. Everyone complained how she cried way too much & her character was too pathetic and selfish. Kate's portrayal in MR had mixed reviews, also. No matter how good your role is, it all comes down to your portrayal/acting. Tavia was only in Moonlight Resonance for 2008. So, really, it was really her acting that allowed her to be more popular. It wasn't like she was in multiple series this year like Linda or other actresses.

How has the time passed? Is there a timeline or deadline for Myolie to obtain the "Best Actress" award or else she'll never obtain it? There is no such thing.

Myolie fans, Stop being so pessimistic. It doesn't help Myolie being so pessismistic. Gosh. Help Myolie by being optimistic w/ encouraging remarks/comments.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:59 am

Side track since you are on the topic of TV Queen ---- It would be very interesting this year to see who TVB would award the title TV Queen to. My past research shows that all the past TVB Queen like Charmaine, Flora, Maggie, Gigi, Liza, Louisa, Ada, Jessica were playing the Leading Role in the series. I still don;t think Tavia role MR is the leading role. Anyway, MR and this year award would be different from the past years,,...you need not play the leading role to win the best actress!!! Let's see

Last edited by CheersMyolie on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by bblui Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:19 pm

swtaznlaydee wrote: How has the time passed? Is there a timeline or deadline for Myolie to obtain the "Best Actress" award or else she'll never obtain it? There is no such thing.

Myolie fans, Stop being so pessimistic. It doesn't help Myolie being so pessismistic. Gosh. Help Myolie by being optimistic w/ encouraging remarks/comments.

Well, it's not really about being pessimistic or optimistic. It's true that Myolie didn't get promoted as well as the others. All my friends said Myolie will have a very small chance of getting Best Actress if she keeps doing these kinds of roles. No breakthrough at all. But when Myolie was new, she actually participated in some good roles like Golden Faith and Survivor's Law .. She did great in those and her roles were different back then. WOIL was also a good one, especially the first episode but the award was given to Lisa. Now, Myolie is always doing the same roles over and over again. With all the competitions, the chance is just getting smaller unless she gets a good memorable role (like Tavia, Fala and Linda; it's just that their roles are often more favorable or easier to attract audience than Myo's). I just hope she can be something different. That's all. smile
bblui
bblui
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Notice how most of the time, Myolie's breakthrough roles was given to her from Tommy Leung. You had to admit that Ji Kwai was a different role for Myolie, but Myolie didn't perform to her usual best in that role. Ji Kwai was selfish & manipulative when it came to love. That's different from Myolie's usual, happy-go lucky & sacrificial roles. Also, she had to protray Sze Kam along with Ji Kwai, two different characters. Like I said before, judging from the news & spoilers, her upcoming roles in BF3 & ancient series with Moses are "new roles".

Stop putting Linda in the same category as Tavia & Fala. Tavia & Fala were praised for their acting. Linda was not. Did you not read that Linda was harshly criticized for her role in MR? Linda's Legend of Demi-Gods is harshly failing in ratings, around 25 pts, making it last for the ratings of 2008. A journey Called Life failed to pull in ratings & that was a supposedly a different character for Linda.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:00 pm

bblui & swtaznlaydee,
Both your view points are valid and well-said.

As for me, I still can't help but think Myolie is not well-promoted comparatively Look at her album release. It is Neway who approach Myolie as opposed TVB getting the contract fixed up for her.

One of most effective way TVB promotes its artiste is though grand production that is heavily promoted. Looks at MR. No doubt a great series with almost flawless scrip and production but i doubt that it would be that successful if not TVB hypering up the series so much . See how TVB promotes it: promotes it months before the series aired, mooncakes give away, 500 Tables of dinner plus many dinners arrangement to the public, arrangement to air the series 7 days thought out the week, overseas promotion etc. And the cast popularity shot up obviously and possibly become winners of all awards.

In conclusion, it is heavily promoted Grand production + Breakthrough & Good role = award winner
And, we all hope Myolie would get this one day in the near future.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:13 pm

Yeah.. :D we all hope that Myolie will get this one day!

And.. whether or not she gets an award this year, doesn't really matter as long as she is happy and she enjoys what she is doing.. :D
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:25 pm

CheersMyolie wrote:bblui & swtaznlaydee,

In conclusion, it is heavily promoted Grand production + Breakthrough & Good role = award winner
And, we all hope Myolie would get this one day in the near future.

i agree with this statement. very true. while we want Myolie to win this award, i think we should be possible about our Myolie. i think she has improve more or less. like i've said before, WOIL II would not be as funny without her. it is not easy to play a character that would make people laugh.

i think it has said alot when she won the Astro award and Best Actress in a Comedy at the Asian TV award. i think Myolie is reaching out beyond Tavia, Fala, or Linda. she is promoting her songs and becoming a singer. as for personal achievement, i think Myolie is very successful. but we should keep supporting her. and yes, TVB needs to give her a better role. i do hope the two new series give Myolie good roles.

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Eh, really don't want to comment... but just wanted to say:

I still think Myolie is being promoted by TVB. She's one of the fadans now, and her status is apparent at the many TVB functions (no matter what the netizens say). Myolie's leading in her two upcoming dramas. She had three series aired this year. I don't see how she's not being promoted? O_O If you're talking about lack of promotion, then it'll apply more to Nancy Wu, Yoyo Chen, etc. who keeps on getting minor roles.

The only thing I agree about is the type of roles she's getting, i.e. how she keeps on getting the same roles, while other actresses get more varied roles lately. Actually, Myolie used to get varied roles prior WOIL, but after WOIL she's just been getting the same type of roles (with a few exceptions here and there). It's almost like Jessica Hsuan post-DIF4, and how she keeps on getting the same type of strong woman roles. It was only after Dicey Business where she started getting more varied roles again. That is why I find it refreshing that Myolie's accepting Catherine Tsang's roles now (BF3 and upcoming Mosolie drama), because I hope for a change. But all of this I think is different from 'promotion' though.

And can we keep the criticism about other actresses to a minimum... >.<
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down