Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided

+9
PPearl
AddyLeong
guesswho
go_myo
CheersMyolie
swtaznlaydee
awesomeitsjackie
soffiagiang
linnette_zj
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided Empty [8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:07 am

Credits: myoliewu.org

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided 2211

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided 3210

Myolie lives in a house with cats that enter and leave her room freely, and they are the closest to her. Myolie’s character is very much like a cat. She likes the cat’s quietness and style. She’s born with a cat woman character, cool and doesn’t engage much in a conversation with strangers. On the external, she seems to be of the friendly and cheerful style, just like dogs that are well liked by people. Hence, her life and job have become confusing (I think they meant contradicting in a good way.) “Cats need to be prompted and keeps more to themselves while dogs are very active and are always giving out love. Both of them have opposite characters. My character is like a cat. But in dramas, my characters are always like a dog; maybe because of the influence from appearance, I can only explain that I’m a cat that is like dog on the outside, and a hardworking cat.” Said Myolie. She has no choice but to give this description of herself.

All along, she hasn’t have a chance to show her real self, and with all the misunderstandings, in the past 9 years, her career was not as smooth as what the world has thought it to be, even though she has taken part in 34 dramas and positioned herself in the leading actress role. She is TVB “real daughter” and to others, she may not be the one that is most loved by the company.

In this career for 9 years, acted in 34 dramas

“If tell others that you have been in this career for 9 to 10 years, people will feel that it has been a long time, but if you count the days, it is just around 3000 days, time passes very fast. I also feel that I’m getting old! Haha! In the past, I will also count the number of dramas that I acted in, but when I counted till 15, 16, I have started to stop counting intentionally. And now, I have acted in 34 dramas!”

She joined Miss Hong Kong when she was 19, and it will be her 10th year in the industry next year. She still has a Number 2 in her age, no wonder she is victorious. She responded: “Because of this, that’s why die! This is because I still have the kiddy look, I will like to act in different roles such as a strong successful woman or a mature woman. I have mentioned to the company, and hopefully I can have the opportunities for breakthrough roles.” This is then from the bottom of Myolie’s heart.

Tired of similar roles

Myolie doesn’t have lack of acting opportunities. But her as a person will be like her inner self, waiting for a chance for a breakthrough role anxiously. Can anyone tell a difference in the character between Zoe in TITS and Chow Chow in WDLC? They are both extremely concern and caring, has a good girl image, willing to suffer in silence, and the worst is… they always have the intention to do something good but it turned out bad. These are all the kind of characters that Myolie has been acting all these years. “I know this is a big problem. Hence people may think that I have not improved at all. But in some situations, I am being prompted to carry it out, I don’t have the choice to change the character of the role in the script. I hope I have a breakthrough role in the future, I have confidence in myself, I definitely have the competency to do it well, I am just waiting for the opportunity to come, hopefully its tomorrow!” Myolie added: “ I also can’t totally forget the results that I have gained from all my past roles. All of them are well-liked characters which give the audience a good impression of me, and gave me many fans. But people will grow, I can’t always depend on this kind of characters to breakthrough.”

Myolie has worked with Gallen for 3 dramas, Wong Hei for 3 dramas, Bosco and Raymond for 4 dramas, and recently, for the first time, with Kevin, in a new drama, Burning Flames 3.

IN 2002, she acted as Gallen’s sister, and in 2008, they are both a couple in WDLC. After 6 years of not acting together, she feels pressured when they are acting together again. “He is like my big brother, giving opinions and advices, but when filming start, I intentionally stop asking him to teach me. 6 years ago, I was like a little sister, but now, I’m in the frontline and I know what it means to do my part well, I am very happy that he is pleased with my performance. His eyes are very clever, towards the ending of the drama, I just have to look at his eyes and my tears will start rolling out.”

“ Now, I’m also filming BF 3 with Wong Hei, because we have acted in a few dramas before, so I’m aware of his style too and he respects me too. Sometimes, I agree with his reasoning too. Maybe because people have different ways of expressing themselves and he is more aggressive, so people tend to misunderstand him. I feel that Raymond is a clever actor. When he first joined TVB, he has started to take on important roles. When I acted with him in 'Eternal Happiness', he can fight too, I always feel that he is very good. With Kevin, it is also in BF 3, this time, it’s a triangle relationship too. He acts very naturally, and at times, I’ll be electrically shocked by him, he really has a lot of electric powers. ( I think she meant his eyes…haha)

Never been serious with Bosco

Counting her male co-workers, how can we miss out her rumoured boyfriend, Bosco Wong. She said with Bosco, never been serious before! “When I work with Bosco, the dramas are also relaxing and light hearted ones, we have never acted in serious and proper dramas. He has also been acting in comedy roles and dramas. Hope that I’ll have a chance to work with him in serious and proper dramas in the future.”

Besides hoping for a serious drama with Bosco, is she also planning to advance their love relationship seriously? When her rumoured boyfriend is mentioned, Myolie suddenly turned from a “cat” to a “dog”, just now, when she was talking about her career advancement, she was very cool. Upon the mention of Bosco, she suddenly smiles sweetly and laugh. “now I have 2 boyfriends, Wong Hei and Kevin. Rumoured couples are paired by the media and audience, artistes have been paired into different pairs. Linda has Raymond, Bernice has Moses” Reporter: “ And do you have Bosco?” “hahahaha!” Myolie laughed and didn’t answer.

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided 3310

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided 3410

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided 3510
(Mentioned about Bosco, Myolie smile and didn't talk about it)

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided 3610
(First time working with Kevin, Myolie say Kevin is full of electric shock ( i think she meant his eyes)

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided 3710
(The third time working with Gallen, Myolie is happy that her performance didn't disappoint the senior)

Last edited by linnette_zj on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided Empty Re: [8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided

Post by soffiagiang Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:24 am

This seems interesting, thanks for the pics and the ''upcoming translation'' ! :')
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided Empty Re: [8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided

Post by awesomeitsjackie Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:25 am

thanks, Linn! i can't wait for the translations! What does Bosco, Kevin and Gallen have to do with the news?
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:27 am

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided Dad658fd15951e0108244d7d

probaby for "BF3" & "When a dog loves a cat".

Fashion time: I like both of myolie's outfits. very nice. I like Kevin & Gallen's outfits. You can never go wrong with a nice suit. Bosco.. tsk. who wears a vest without a shirt underneath & that jacket?

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:32 pm

Credit: myoliewu.org

Original Text:

[08/08/08 訪問] 胡杏兒 內外分裂 (明報)

【明報專訊】胡杏兒生活在貓之家,在她的房間自由出入,跟她最親密的是家中9隻寶貝貓;貓多勢眾下,杏兒的性格也「貓」得很。她愛貓的文靜與動作優雅,天生就是貓女人的性格,酷酷的,不擅長與陌生人溝通,皆因她怕醜;外表卻是熱情開朗型,甜姐兒如人見人愛的小狗,她的生活與工作也因此變得矛盾。「貓的感覺是被動、內歛的,狗總是勤勤力力並不斷付出愛,兩者是相反的。我的性格好『貓』,但拍劇所演角色偏偏屬『狗』性佔多;可能是外形影響,我只好解釋自己是一隻外表似狗的貓,而且是勤力貓。」杏兒給自己這樣的形容有點無奈。

一直未有機會表現真正的胡杏兒,加上很多的誤解,在過去9年,她的演藝路並非如外界所想像的康莊大道,雖然她也拍了34部劇集,穩站女主角位置。親疏有別,就是簽無經理人合約的「親生女」,也有得寵與否的分別。以旁觀者角度看胡杏兒,她並非最得寵的一個。

入行9年拍劇34部

「若果告訴別人入行9、10年,大家會覺得很長時間似的,但數日子也不過是3000多日,時間過得很快。我也未覺得自己老了!哈哈!以前我也會計算自己拍了多少部劇集,當數到15、16部後,我也沒有刻意再計;不知不覺已拍34部了!」

19歲參選港姐,明年是她入行10周年,胡小姐的年紀還是「2」字頭,難怪她得戚。她說﹕「咁先死呀!因為仍是細路女的樣子,我好想演不同的角色,如女強人或成熟的女人,我早已向公司提出過,希望有不同發揮機會。」這才是杏兒的心底話。

厭倦不變的角色

杏兒並不缺演出機會,但惜她的人會跟她一起為等突破的演出機會等得焦急。剛在深夜播映完的《衝上雲霄》(2003年)的Zoie跟現在播映中《當狗愛上貓》的Chou Chou,試找出角色的異同?一樣是過分熱心、一樣的乖乖女受委屈默默承受、最要命是擅長好心做壞事。這是幾年來杏兒所演角色的方程式。「我知道這是很大的問題,觀眾可能因此誤解我沒有進步,但有些情我是被動的,我沒法子改變劇本的角色性格。我希望以後有突破的演出,我對自己很有信心,我絕對有能力做好,就是等待機會的來臨,希望在明天!」杏兒續道﹕「我也不能抹煞過往所演的角色帶給我的成績,這些也是討好的角色,讓觀眾留下好印象,也帶給我一班Fans。不過,人會成長的,我總不能永遠也好心做壞事去撞板。」

羅嘉良眼神催淚

杏兒跟羅嘉良合作3次、王喜3次、黃宗澤與林分別4次,最有新鮮感的是最近拍《烈火雄心III》,跟鄭嘉穎首度合作。

2002年她與羅嘉良合作《流金歲月》,兩人是兄妹;2008年《當狗愛上貓》,他們是情侶。「相隔6年跟『撈家』再合作感到壓力。他是一個大哥哥,會給我提意見,但拍攝時我刻意少向他討教。6年前我是小妹妹,但現在我是一線的位置,我應懂得做好本分,很開心我的表現沒有令他失望。他的眼神很厲害,可以交戲給我,劇集去到尾段的戲,我望他的眼睛,淚水是忍不住流出來。」

「我現在也跟王喜拍《烈火III》,因為合作機會多,所以我明白他的脾性,他也尊重我。有時候他的理論我也認同,可能是表達方式問題,他又較衝動,所以令人誤解。我覺得林是個叻演員,他初出道便擔重戲,後來合作《再生緣》他又打得,總覺得他好勁。跟鄭嘉穎也是《烈火III》對手,今次更搞三角戀,他好戲又自然,有時候會被他電親,他真的電力十足。」

與黃宗澤沒「認真」過

數杏兒的男拍檔,怎少得緋聞男友黃宗澤(Bosco),她竟說與Bosco沒有「認真」過!「我跟Bosco合作也是輕鬆小品,沒有拍過『正經、認真』的題材,他也是拍搞笑戲佔多,特別多諗頭。希望未來有機會跟他合作正經的劇集。」

除了期待與Bosco合作正經的劇集,跟他認真地發展戀情是否在計劃中?提到緋聞男友,杏兒忽然由「貓」變「狗」,剛才酷酷的講事業發展,提起Bosco竟傻笑起來。「現在我有兩個男朋友,分別是王喜與鄭嘉穎。緋聞情侶是傳媒與觀眾作配對的,藝人也被分配成一對對。鍾嘉欣有林、廖碧兒有陳豪……(你是否有Bosco?)哈哈哈!」杏兒哈哈笑,沒有回答。

文﹕唐嘉晞

攝﹕劉永銳

場地提供﹕Thai LemonGrass

服裝提供﹕ATSURO TAYAMA

化妝﹕Cyrus@Beauty Tech

髮型﹕Kei@HH
p.s i hope i translate correctly..

Last edited by linnette_zj on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:53 pm

lmao. Kevin is hot.

I'm so full of joy that Gallen keeps on praising her, even when he doesn't need to.

haha. At least, Myolie isn't playing herself. She comments how characters like zoe are complete opposites of her "real life" personality. I like how humble Myolie is. Even though, Myolie is tired of similiar roles. She didn't forget that those types of roles also helped her gained popularity.

Linz, You're probably thinking of "Eternal Happiness". That's the first drama Raymond & Myolie collaborated & His character was the fighting type also.

I just visited Myolie's wikipedia. I only counted up to 25 dramas. Are there missing dramas in Myolie's wikipedia?

Last edited by swtaznlaydee on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:59 pm

THANKS Linn!! haha 4 dramas with Bosco? Oh right, this is their fourth! haha wasn't Myolie in the awakening story? Bosco made a cameo there,, I'm not sure if that counts but just wanted to point tht out.

WOW!! 34 dramas!! That's a lot!! Yea, she gets teh same character types over and over so those netizens keep bashing her, but its not her fault! She has to act out the character she has! I mean, imagine Zoe as a gloomy, emo person, that wouldn't be right! and the netizens say her acting is "annoying" their probably just getting tired of her having so many roles taht are alike, altohugh i dont get why, and they are just mistaking it as "annoyance" oh well.
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Thank v much for this long translation.

Interesting reading,.. where she is open and share her heart out. This what make me really like and support her.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:13 pm

swtaznlaydee wrote:lmao. Kevin is hot.

I'm so full of joy that Gallen keeps on praising her, even when he doesn't need to.

haha. At least, Myolie isn't playing herself. She comments how characters like zoe are complete opposites of her "real life" personality. I like how humble Myolie is. Even though, Myolie is tired of similiar roles. She didn't forget that those types of roles also helped her gained popularity.

Linz, You're probably thinking of "Eternal Happiness". That's the first drama Raymond & Myolie collaborated & His character was the fighting type also.

I just visited Myolie's wikipedia. I only counted up to 25 dramas. Are there missing dramas in Myolie's wikipedia?

haha..yes! Kevin is hot! :D bwahahaha

And thanks for the title of the drama!haha..i'll make the change now.. :P

Yeah..and i agree that i like how humble Myolie is too.. she isn't ashame to admit that her character is not like those on tv and she's more of the cool kind.. and although she really wants something different but yet, she will still act what she has been offered and do her best for it! and she's not snobbish too..
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:18 pm

haha..yeah.. Bosco's sense of fashion is a bit different..actually i prefer him with simple dressing like in HOG.. instead of these..i can't really appreciate it.but it does look like he's modelling for something..so probably the clothes won't chosen by him.. Kevin and Gallen look good! haha.. i like Kevin's eyes! *faint* lol

And this interview, it seems that Myolie is very open with her sharing. haha..i respect her even more for that.. and she knows that some people does't like her acting but she didn't criticise or be very defensive..instead she agrees that her roles have always been the same and she's waiting for a breakthrough too..

i hope she has a breakthrough role next year!
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:32 pm

I still only count up to 25 dramas for Myolie in both her wikipedia & baidu.

Myolie can easily look mature. She cut her hair short & boyish to match her mature character, "Ling Ling" in Survivor's Law.

Like Gallen said, Myolie's mature in that she can't please everyone. She does keep in mind the criticisms & improve, though.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:46 pm

haha..maybe they include dramas where she did guest appearance?
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:50 pm

^yea did she do any cameos? That's how the regular stars eg TAvia bosco got started
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:11 pm

linnette_zj wrote:haha..maybe they include dramas where she did guest appearance?

She's only guest starred in "supreme fate" & "virtues of harmony 2".

Still not enough to reach anywhere near 34 dramas. =/

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:02 pm

I think they made a mistake... all the dramas she starred in (even guest roles) have not reached the thirties...

So it means her role in Burning Flames III is also not different :( otherwise she would say at least my character in BF3 is somewhat different...
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:25 pm

I have posted it in AF as well, hope you don't mind. I've credited you properly, also I hope this way we can promote Myolie more haha bwahahaha
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:10 pm

I've found another pic:

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided F_1m_00eabad
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by guesswho Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:30 pm

Myolie's hair looks very stylist here. I like it. I hope Myolie can get more serious role in the future.

guesswho
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:39 pm

go_myo wrote:I have posted it in AF as well, hope you don't mind. I've credited you properly, also I hope this way we can promote Myolie more haha bwahahaha

No problem go_myo! :D i know there's one article in Batgwa too..

did u post this article there? u wanna do it? :D i'm ok with it!
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:35 pm

^ Yeah I have posted your article there at Batgwa as well under Myolie's news topic! ^_^
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:19 am

haha..cool! :D Thanks! :D
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:21 am

It is very obvious to all that our Myolie is definitely not one of the heavily promoted or loved artists by TVB. Just look firstly at Linda C, and Bernice, Kate Tsui, etc you can easily tell the difference. But, i must say that Myolie has done very well despite this. I hope after almost 10 years, TVB will give her roles that match her personality that they so willingly give to other artists mentioned above even within their first year.

Myolie's road seem toughest but I am confident that she will eventually get there.

Last edited by AddyLeong on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
AddyLeong
AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:06 am

^actually, during 2004-2005 and beginning of 2006, she was very well promoted. She did series after series after series. But now, they're trying to promote new faces, esp. Linda Chung. You can't really blame them, promoting is to lift someone up to a more stable position, and Myolie has gotten to fa dan, so tehy need to help some other stars. But i wish tehy would re-promote myolie, with different roles so taht she can havea breakthrough role and those netizens bashing her all teh time and finally shut up.
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:38 am

go_myo wrote:I think they made a mistake... all the dramas she starred in (even guest roles) have not reached the thirties...

see? They made a mistake. ;]

I have faith in Tommy Leung to give Myolie another breakthrough. Out of all the TVB producers, he believes in Myolie's abilities the most. For example: Golden Faith, Survivor's law & TMOTC.

Newbies like Linda are criticized, because they are overpromoted. Some people didn't like how Myolie was overpromoted in 2005. She just needs one good memorable role out of the year. It's quality over quantity.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:03 am

^I agree ^^ Well said swtazn, you're very wise yes I think that BF3 will be a pretty good role out this year, because like the producer said, it's different than any of Myolie's past characters. Let's just hope and see. I thought she did a good job as Chow Lai Man this year, but it's really similar to her past roles...
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next