Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms

+2
hkangel
psycho 0805
6 posters

Go down

[22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Empty [22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms

Post by psycho 0805 Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:50 pm

[22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Hent06

[22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Hent01kd0.th [22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Hent02tv2.th [22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Hent03hp9.th [22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Hent04pg9.th [22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Hent05jn3.th

[22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms [Source: Headline Entertainment; Writer: Paco Wong]
Firstly, congratulations to Myolie. Because her first debut album, Evolve, was finally released at the end of last month. In the album, there are 8 songs and 3 MVs being recorded, and the album cover was done up by famous photographer, Paul Tsang. The production process is sufficient to show the music company's, Neway Star, confidence in Myolie. And in reality, when I was recording the 'Lady In Red' album for the group of TVB's Fadans back in 2006, I've already openly complimented Myolie that she definitely had the caliber to develop a music/singing career. Unexpectedly two years later, her expression in the songs are getting more matured, and it's evident that she has placed in much hard work in her singing skills. People, whom are willing to work hard, should enjoy something in return. I sincerely hope that she can achieve good results at the end-of-year music award ceremonies.
In the early 2008, I've already got wind of the news that Myolie will sign on Neway Star and fulfilled the dream of developing a career in both TV and music. After an entire year of preparation, Myolie's first "baby" was born last month. Although she had to pick out some time in between her filming schedule to record the songs, her performance was still commendable. Just like the title of her album, Evolve, it also made me and many other TVB audience feel the changing/evolving side of her.
"Actually I've always like singing, so when I knew that I would be signed on to a music company at the beginning of the year, I was already very happy. But it was only until September that I started preparing for my album. Although I had no part in selecting the songs, I had a lot of confidence in my producer. He will not want me to be 'the-girl-next-door' or 'the jade lady'. No matter whether it's image or song genre, it will be a cool style being the top priority. Why is the album called Evolve? My idea is same as the music company. We hope to give out a fresh, new image and feel. Although I had to pick out some time in between my filming schedule to do song recording and also tried recording at 2am before, the result was still okay. I'm pretty satisfied. Actually being a singer is tough. You may feel that you sing very well at the karaoke, but it's because you're imitating the original singer and there's no feel at all. It's very different from being an actual singer."

Singing Out Her Own Thoughts
Back then at 2006, when I helped a group of TVB Fadans to record the 'Lady In Red' album, I've already known that Myolie has singing talent, and also openly expressed that she certainly had the caliber to develop a music career. Now that I see her debut album being released, I'm really happy for her.
"I've no idea on how the music industry works. No idea as well on what's the marketing points for a singer. So when the company wanted to plug 'Solo Travel', I was afraid that it might be too strange. But in the end, the response was pretty good. Everyone's surprised. They've never thought of Myolie Wu singing to this kind of songs. In the album, every song had touched a part of me. Solo Travel, which is on the modern women's love perspective, and Romantic Century, which is about loving all the way, are pretty much both a representation of myself."

Beautiful Voice Being Trained Since Young
Having to develop both a TV and music career is never easy. When decided to take the first step out, Myolie would certainly not back down in fear. No matter how difficult the path may be, she will still want to continue walking on. Talking about the end-of-year music award ceremonies, Myolie is confident.
"Actually I've been singing in a choir when I was young. Even being a soprano. Plus when I studied high school in Ireland, I learned how to sing opera too. Perhaps I'm used to singing at a higher pitch, so when I sing, it's more stable and easier to breathe. But it's very different from singing pop songs, because these songs have their emphasis on feelings. It's quite difficult. I'm very clear about my personality. If I've no confidence in something, I will certainly not start it. If I start it, then I must do to the best. This is my philosophy. You asked me if I've confidence in getting an award? Yes, of course yes. It's just like filming To Grow With Love back then. Since I promised to film the drama, then I must put in all my heart to gain weight. This kind of personality has its good and bad sides. Sometimes, I'll give myself very huge pressure, but it also helps me to persevere. So I can tell you for sure that being a singer is my dream. It's not playing around."

Afraid Of Loneliness; Will Get Married
No matter whether it's in the TV or music industry, there's bound to be gossips and rumors around. Having been in the entertainment industry for 10 years, of course Myolie understands about this too. So Myolie is luckier as compared to other newcomers for the music industry, because she does not need to spend time to adjust her state of mind. Also because she was once surrounded by gossips and rumors, she had already developed a very strong defense, and could pull in her whole heart into developing a music career.
"Having entered this industry for quite a number of years, there will more or less be reports criticizing you. It's those people whom have expectations on you, and feel that I can do better than that, so they voice out. I should thank them. Actually at this moment, I really place my career at top priority. After all, being a singer is my dream. I'm a person who tends to think too much, and also quite pessimistic, so I cannot mix with people whom are as negative as me. Two negative people might make the situation worse. Bosco Wong is my good friend. He's a optimistic 'handsome man'. If he has the criteria to be my boyfriend, he would have been so long ago. Anyway, I'm a person who will marry, because I'm afraid of loneliness, so I hope that I can find someone whom I can grow old with eventually."

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Empty Re: [22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms

Post by hkangel Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:00 pm

Ooo... thanks for the long translations, psycho sis! xD

It's good to see Myolie getting praised by ppl in the music industry... Nice of Paco to write about Myo.

Justin Lo, Mark Lui, Hins Cheung and Paco have all complimented Myo's singing. =D ~
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms Empty Re: [22 December 2008] Interview - Having The Confidence To Win Newcomer Award, Using Show To Regain Popularity; Myolie Wu Willingly Accepts Criticisms

Post by CheersMyolie Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:32 pm

Thank you pyscho sis, you have been wonderful in translating this rather long article for us.

Yes, a lot of people in the music singing industry are praising Myolie. Even outside of Hong Kong, she receives recognition barely a month after her EP release...good for Myolie.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by kikibear Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:22 am

Thanks for the translations psycho sis! So happy that Myolie has received praises from all these people in the music industry!

I love this about Myolie: If I've no confidence in something, I will certainly not start it. If I start it, then I must do to the best. This is my philosophy.

I think we can all tell that she has put in her best effort in everything she does!!!
kikibear
kikibear
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by boscolie_x3 Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Thanks for the translations psycho.
Nice of Paco to write about Myolie. She always put in her best effort in everything she does!<33
boscolie_x3
boscolie_x3
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by carmen Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:50 pm

WOW. Thanks for the translations psycho! It's ridiculously long, but nice to read :)
Aww.. so glad that Myolie's achieving success in her singing career. Her albums are doing quite well in fact!
carmen
carmen
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by kikibear Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:28 pm

I came across this video from Myolie's Baidu. I'm guessing it has similar context as this article because Myolie's there with Paco, but I haven't watche the video yet as it is very slow.

Part 1:
http://www.hkheadline.com/blog/reply_blog_express.asp?f=7ZFT35OCWH39970&id=158430

Part 2:
http://www.hkheadline.com/blog/reply_blog_express.asp?f=7ZFT35OCWH39970&id=158432
kikibear
kikibear
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down