Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[4 December 2008] Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer'

+8
linnette_zj
psycho 0805
Caja
hermidude
CheersMyolie
luvlydaisy
goldengater
hkangel
12 posters

Go down

[4 December 2008] Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer' Empty [4 December 2008] Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer'

Post by hkangel Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:14 am

credits orientaldaily.on.cc

[4 December 2008] Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer' 1204enew37b1

Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer'

Myolie Wu accepted a radio interview with DJ Cha Siu Yan yesterday to promote her new debut EP. When asked about Linda Chung's new album selling well, Myolie honestly said that she felt pressured: "I'll have to work even harder to catch up. My record company treats me very well, I can't disappoint them. (What's your target?) Obviously I don't want to be just a 'one album singer', I have confidence in myself. I'm taking singing very seriously, and not like it's some short-term hobby."

胡杏兒拒做「一碟歌手」
04/12/2008

胡 杏 兒 接 受 查 小 欣 訪 問 宣 傳 新 碟 , 對 於 鍾 嘉 欣 新 碟 銷 量 好 , 杏 兒 坦 言 對 自 己 有 壓 力 : 「 我 要 努 力 急 起 直 追 , 唱 片 公 司 對 我 好 好 , 唔 想 令 佢 哋 失 望 。 ( 目 標 ? ) 當 然 唔 好 做 一 碟 歌 手 , 我 對 自 己 有 信 心 , 唔 係 玩 票 性 質 。 」
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[4 December 2008] Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer' Empty Re: [4 December 2008] Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer'

Post by goldengater Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:29 am

I hope she is not a short term singer, because she sings very well. I kind of know she wouldn't be just singing one album. I'm happy that she loves to sing.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

[4 December 2008] Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer' Empty Re: [4 December 2008] Myolie Wu Refuses to Be a 'One Album Singer'

Post by luvlydaisy Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 am

Myo has the potential to rise to singing stardom as we know she began singing at a young yet, so this isn't just a hobby for her. I feel it'll be a long term career and she can definitely succeed in it. We'll be there to support her along the way.
luvlydaisy
luvlydaisy
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

https://2img.net/h/oi34.tinypic.com/5a58g7.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:35 am

You mean that Linda 2nd's album is out, wow there is extremely fast

Poor Myolie,
She shouldn't feel pressurized By Linda. Linda certainly has more advantage because she pair up with Raymond Lam in concerts to promote her albums. They went to US/Canada sometime in mid this year and would be heading off to US for MR concert this month.
It is not about working harder but the right opportunities
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by hermidude Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:00 am

CheersMyolie wrote:You mean that Linda 2nd's album is out, wow there is extremely fast

Poor Myolie,
She shouldn't feel pressurized By Linda. Linda certainly has more advantage because she pair up with Raymond Lam in concerts to promote her albums. They went to US/Canada sometime in mid this year and would be heading off to US for MR concert this month.
It is not about working harder but the right opportunities

CheersMyolie, I think it's a reloaded album, meaning just some extra songs compared to her original album. She did reach gold for sales, though.
hermidude
hermidude
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Caja Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:02 am

I hope she will succesful in singing career just like Raymond. Her voice is soooooo good! I impressed by her album and I think that her album is selling very well for now smile
Caja
Caja
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

http://www.cajablogger.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:24 pm

hermidude wrote:

CheersMyolie, I think it's a reloaded album, meaning just some extra songs compared to her original album. She did reach gold for sales, though.

Oh, I saw her album at the shop, looks very appealing. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with Linda album achieving gold etc. Even Myolie said Linda is very good. What I meant is the media or even TVB should not compare the 2 ladies. Firstly, they both have very different style and secondly, I think Linda has a lot more advantage than Myolie in terms of right opportunities ( MR and pairing and concerts with Raymond etc )and timing. Linda's album had a Mandarin song and MR sub-song ( duet with Raymond) if I am not wrong and became a hit in the mainland. Despite this, I read too Myolie album sales has also reached over 10,000 in the shortest time, and not bad at all in the economic crisis.
But I guess Myolie feels very pressurized because Neway treated her very well and she feel that she owe them the success of the of her album.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 pm

Lol she has high expectations for herself, as said by Ms Lok previously. The response and feedback of her debut album has been pretty good so far. Just hope that the pressure which she gives herself is more of a form of encouragement to strive to do better, rather than giving herself more unwanted stress.

Anyway, I don't think she'll be a 'one-album' singer. Haha I still wanna hear her attempt at Mandarin songs =P

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hermidude Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Support Myolie all the way....She looks really tired in the photoshot. I hope she gets a good rest before the concert, so that she will give an excellent performance.
hermidude
hermidude
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Yeah... Myolie has the potential to go beyond one album. She already did so well for her first album :) And i love her songs. i'm looking forward to her next album! hee..

And she has expectations of herself too.. so i hope she doesn't pressure herself too much.. just do her best will do :D
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtsuyoshi Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:01 pm

I think Myolie did really well for her first album. she is a great singer! am already looking forward to having her releasing a mandarin album. she has great confident in her mandarin and so do we!=D

Quote from Nike: Just do it! blushy
luvtsuyoshi
luvtsuyoshi
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by BBgirl Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:29 pm

^lol I agree JUST DO IT!!

I wish the same as Myo too....I'm positive that she wouldn't be a "One Album Singer" like some of her colleague....This girl can really sing!!If Linda can have a upcoming second album than why not Myo??I have confidence in Myo!!All the best to her!! smile
BBgirl
BBgirl
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:15 am

Myolie has indeed the potential, it's like filming series, she must have good chances to help her succeeding in singing. I hope one day she will! bwahahaha
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by boscolie_x3 Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:05 am

I'm positive that she wouldn't be a One Album Singer. Her singing is so AWESOME. I hope she'll have a new album soon :] Supposrting Myo forever<3
boscolie_x3
boscolie_x3
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down