Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[22 December 2008] Myolie Wu being a singer is tougher than being an actress

5 posters

Go down

[22 December 2008] Myolie Wu being a singer is tougher than being an actress Empty [22 December 2008] Myolie Wu being a singer is tougher than being an actress

Post by fionachong93 Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:30 am

credits: myoliewu.org, 金羊网—羊城晚报

Translated only Myolie's part:

Attending the 音乐先锋榜 ceremony, Myolie performed excellently that night. Every time she got the award, Myolie would rush backstage for interviews, exactly resembling a new singer. Holding 2 trophies, Myolie happily shouted, "I finally understood that being a singer is very tiring."

Myolie is preparing to launch her first personal album next year, "Actually I started singing when I was 19, but only in these few years, I spent all my efforts on acting instead. Now after accumulating some popularity, its time to start out as a singer." Myolie also analyzed the same 'acting before singing' TVB artistes, "We all have different styles. I am more of the stronger and more independent type of girl and I like being a girl with style; Linda is the natural "Jade Girl", suitable for her gentle character; Raymond had always a great voice; Bosco is more towards the dancing side and the exposure for him is big; Wong Cho Lam has the most distinct style, he is very humorous." Lastly, she concluded, "I think I am going in the right track because I am not a gentle person and cannot do those shy looks."

Because she is a TVB contract artiste, she has not stopped filming less dramas because of her singing career and in this period of time, she is very very busy. 'I sleep only 2-3 hours each day. Yesterday, I filmed till 3am in the morning and at 7am, I had to wake up and continue working. Everyday, what is supporting me is my determination. Being an actress is tough, but you still can anticipate the drama after it has finished filming, but now, I think being a singer is even tougher. There are a lot of functions to attend and occasionally, have to accept 5-6 interviews in a day and even have to spend them practicing singing. But I won't regret because I believe you reap what you sow."

-End-

Original text:

叫苦:胡杏儿做歌手比演戏辛苦

盛装出席的胡杏儿当晚表演积极,每拿一次奖就迅速到后台接受采访,一副乐坛新人的模样。她手拿着两个奖杯,开心地大叫:“终于明白做歌手好辛苦”。

胡杏儿明年准备推出第一张个人专辑,“我其实19岁已开始唱歌,只是这几年集中精力在演戏上。现在积累一些人气,是时候出击做歌手了。”她还逐一分析近期同样“演而优则唱”的几位TVB艺人,“我们风格全都好不一样。我是很强势、独立一些的女性定位,而且我喜欢当‘型女’;钟嘉欣则天生‘玉女 ’,适合温柔风格;林峰唱功向来很好;黄宗泽则擅长舞蹈,台风很好;王祖蓝风格最明显,他非常搞笑。”最后她还总结道,“我想我是走对了路,因为我不是温柔的人,也做不出害羞的模样。”

因为是TVB正当红的签约艺人,她并未因唱歌而减少拍剧的数量,这段时间她的确忙得够呛。“每天我都只睡两三个小时,昨晚就拍戏到凌晨3点,早上7点又起来继续工作,每天全靠意志力支撑。做演员已经很辛苦,但还能期待一部剧拍完的时候,现在看来,做歌手更辛苦,有很多活动要参加,常常一天接受五六个采访,还要花很多时间练习唱歌……不过我不会后悔,相信有付出才会有回报。”
fionachong93
fionachong93
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

[22 December 2008] Myolie Wu being a singer is tougher than being an actress Empty Re: [22 December 2008] Myolie Wu being a singer is tougher than being an actress

Post by fionachong93 Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:49 am

credits: myoliewu.org, 新快报

Translated only Myolie's part:

In HK's singing newcomers, the popular actors and actresses are the most welcomed. Myolie being an actress turned singer, although only recorded 3 solo new songs, got 2 of the major awards, Best Female Newcomer and and Best Actress-Singer award. Myolie revealed that she is preparing to officially launch her first personal album next year. Myolie also analyzed the same 'acting before singing' TVB artistes, "We all have different styles. I am more of the stronger and more independent type of girl and I like being a girl with style; Linda is the natural "Jade Girl", suitable for her gentle character; Raymond had always a great voice; Bosco is more towards the dancing side and the exposure for him is big; Wong Cho Lam has the most distinct style, he is very humorous." Lastly, she concluded, "I think I am going in the right track because I am not a gentle person and cannot do those shy looks."

-End-

香港新秀中以影视红人最受欢迎。胡杏儿演而优则唱,虽然只出过三首单曲,当晚已获得港台先锋新人、最佳影视歌手两项大奖。胡杏儿透露已准备好明年正式推出第一张个人专辑,她逐一分析近期同样“演而优则唱”的几位TVB艺人:“我们风格全都好不一样。我是很强势、独立一些的女性定位,而且我喜欢自己造型偏向更‘有型’;钟嘉欣则天生‘玉女’,适合温柔风格;林峰唱功向来很好;黄宗泽则擅长舞蹈,台风很好;王祖蓝风格最明显,他非常搞笑。”最后她还总结道,“我想我是走对了路,因为我不是温柔的人,也做不出害羞的模样。”
fionachong93
fionachong93
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

[22 December 2008] Myolie Wu being a singer is tougher than being an actress Empty Re: [22 December 2008] Myolie Wu being a singer is tougher than being an actress

Post by nanabobomomo Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:04 pm

i really hope she can cling on the best newcomer award in all 4 hong kong awards presentation... i wonder how her album sales progress??? did she reach gold dics..... i hope her album can reach platinum sales or perhaps double platinum..... myolie wu teruskan usaha anda...saya akan sokong awak...

nanabobomomo
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by wutaijung Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:26 pm

This is why I'm such a big Fan of Myolie. She works so hard and perseveres through the thick and thin. It just touches me how much determination she has!
God bless her and I hope that people will start to realize how precious Myolie Wu is.
wutaijung
wutaijung
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks for the translations! ^_^

It's great to see Myo win some music awards outside of HK and TVB!
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by boscolie_x3 Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:29 pm

Thanks for the translations

hope myolie gets enough rest ];
boscolie_x3
boscolie_x3
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down