Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile

+11
WaterWonders
BBgirl
soffiagiang
Jessica
sasa
AddyLeong
CheersMyolie
psycho 0805
swtaznlaydee
quemena
linnette_zj
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile Empty [27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile

Post by linnette_zj Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:28 am

Credit: myoliewu.org, Mingpao

Recently, Myolie has been criticised by many netiziens that her acting skills are lousy. When attending functions, she tries hard to smile and expressed that of course she hopes that all the audience will like her but as a public figure, it is unavoidable to receive criticism.

[27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile 20080829

Pointed out that acting skills are exaggerating

Myolie's acting skills is the discussion topic online now. In the recent drama, "When a dog loves a cat", she is being said to be exaggerating again, while co-star Gallen Lo supported her and said that she didn't.

Myolie thank Gallen for his support, there will be always be criticism. She will accept the kind criticisms as she can't control what others want to say. Asked if she felt sad? Myolie's expression became down and she said that she hopes everyone will like her but this is not something that she can decide and control. Asked if she will reduce her exaggerating act? She said she will work hard to change and improve. Does she lack chemistry and fate with audience thats why she is receiving all the criticism? Myolie said she doesn't know how to answer this. She has just completed filming Burning Flames 3, and is now preparing for her new solo album.

Doesn't feel that Linda has got the head start

Linda has released her album earlier than Myolie. Does Myolie feel that Linda was given the head start? Both of them are from different recording companies so there is no need to compete who launch the album first. Today is Liza Wang's birthday. Myolie expressed that she would like to treat Liza to a meal to celebrate her birthday for her. Asked if Bosco WOng will be present? She smiled and said, need to arrange the timing.

Myolie appeared in a new hairstyle and appearance. Bob hairstyle and HK$20,000 plus Jean Paul Gaultier dress. But she was said to have Michelle Yim's hairstyle in MR. Myolie saw it in a magazine and felt that this hair style is nice so she decided to wear the wig and try it out.

Original Text:

[08/08/27 新聞] 胡杏兒強顏歡笑接受批評 (on.cc即時新聞)

【on.cc專訊】 近期被網友狂轟演技差的胡杏兒,對於連番批評她顯得面有難色,但出席活動時仍努力擠出笑容,坦言當然希望所有觀眾都喜歡她,不過明白作為公眾人物一定會遭到很多批評。

被指演技浮誇

【明報專訊】胡杏兒的演技是網民的討論話題,早前播映《當狗愛上貓》她又被指演技浮誇,獲拍檔羅嘉良力撐她沒有過火位。

杏兒稱多謝羅嘉良的支持,外界一直有批評,善意的意見她會接受,她不能控制別人說什麼。問她會否因此感難受?杏兒臉色一沉,她說希望所有人也喜歡她,但這不是她能作主的。問她會否收斂誇張演技?她稱會努力改進。是否欠觀眾緣而招罵?杏兒更無奈說不懂得回答。她稱剛完成《烈火3》演出,她要準備錄首張個人唱片。

不覺鍾嘉欣搶頭啖湯

有指鍾嘉欣比她先推出唱片,是否被搶頭啖湯?她稱兩人屬不同唱片公司,不需要比賽出唱片時間。今日是汪明荃生日,杏兒稱也想請阿姐食飯慶祝,問她黃宗澤是否出席?她笑言要夾時間。

胡杏兒前晚以新形象出現,Bob頭襯二萬多元的Jean Paul Gaultier裙;不過,被指似《家好月圓》「紅姨」(米雪)的造型。杏兒稱看雜誌覺得這短髮造型靚,故作戴假髮新嘗試。

記者:林蘊兒
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile Empty Re: [27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile

Post by quemena Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:26 am

There are many good comments on the net regarding Myolie's performance. As always, HK reporters only emphasize and publish the bad comments and make a mountain out of a moe hill. Netizens are only a fraction of the 2 millions audience that watched WDLC, they cannot represent the majority. I really hope that some responsible and good reporters will make some comments on the situation.
Feel very sad for Myolie.....but admire the way she answered all their difficult questions. sad

quemena
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

[27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile Empty Re: [27 August 2008] Myolie accepts criticism with a smile

Post by swtaznlaydee Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:32 am

wow. She's now preparing for her album.

I can't wait for the release ;]

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:56 pm

so BF3 filming is completed....can't wait for her album too..kinda anxious how it'll be like..

anyway I think Myo has pretty high EQ...hope she can take those criticisms into her stride, and motivate herself to do better next time...she still has a loyal bunch of fans supporting her all the way ^^

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:05 pm

credit: The_Lone_Moon @ asianfanatics

I agree. Myolie singing is awesome! hehe Haha, that hairstyle is kinda weird, but I see sooo many stylish magazines with that hairdo, why is it popular? O.o;;;

As for her acting in Dog Love Cat, I thought it was good, what's wrong? The role she played didn't really offer much range to explore her acting skills either, although, I think that scene on episode 19 where Myolie started sobbing after seeing the empty Gallen's hospital bed---it was really good! O.O It was so heartbreaking~~!

http://asianuniverse.net/forums/Myolie_Wu_will_accept_Criticism_commented_for_exaggerating_t99510.html&st=22
^Checked out the responses. There are some people that thought Myolie acted fine.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Poor Myolie,

The netizens and reporters just love to humiliate her . But, I am proud of her on how to answer them....just don't understand when veterans like LSK, Liza Wang and Gallen Lo supported her, these reporters kept blowing up ...why don't they report that there are many comments about her acting being good. I wish Myolie could answer them this way....

Last edited by CheersMyolie on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:56 pm

^ Hah! Yeah! The reporters should be asked... Why are u reporting all the negative news? How about the positive ones? As if people only wants to read negative news..maybe their sales will go up if they start reporting positive news!
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 pm

linnette_zj wrote:^ Hah! Yeah! The reporters should be asked... Why are u reporting all the negative news? How about the positive ones? As if people only wants to read negative news..maybe their sales will go up if they start reporting positive news!

That's a good one. Positive news like ' on the other hand, there is also many who like her, for instance those in this forum. Hope Myolie comes here and read this ....

I feel very sad for Myolie that she has to go through all these at the prime of her career. Are there someone out there trying to destroy her career?
AddyLeong
AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:24 am

right, i am tire of the reporters keep bringing up the same thing over and over again. and they will do it again on her next series. reporters are just trying to get attention by bringing this subject up.

hope Myolie will win the Best Actress award and it will be a slap in the face for netizens. Who are the "netizens" anyway. Do they know how to act? If they are not in the entertainment business, they have no right to judge. hahaha :))

i think Myolie is better than alot of actresses and that's why she is in series after series as the main character.

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:32 am

sasa wrote:right, i am tire of the reporters keep bringing up the same thing over and over again. and they will do it again on her next series. reporters are just trying to get attention by bringing this subject up.

hope Myolie will win the Best Actress award and it will be a slap in the face for netizens. Who are the "netizens" anyway. Do they know how to act? If they are not in the entertainment business, they have no right to judge. hahaha :))

i think Myolie is better than alot of actresses and that's why she is in series after series as the main character.

Netizens are people who use the internet frequently, just like you , me & any others out there :)
Nobody is perfect at all.. Myolie cannot satisfy everyone..
If they don't like Myolie, by all means they will just find some faults in her.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin
Admin

http://myoliewu.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:22 am

yea it would be a slap on the face for those netizens who said Myolie's acting was exaggerating if Myolie wins the best actress :') I'm mean..
So she'll only be working for her album now ?
and happy 60th birthday Liza and have a nice day ;)
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:29 am

It's weird, cos Myolie told us that she will only finish filming Burning Flame 3 end of September..
But now, filming already done? Hahaha so fast .. LOL ~
Jessica
Jessica
Admin
Admin

http://myoliewu.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:22 am

To me, it's like her bad performance in "Tai Chi" overshadowed her good performance in "When a Dog Loves a Cat." Which is disappointing, because she performed badly in "Tai Chi", but she improved greatly in "When a Dog Loves a Cat." "Tai Chi" was filmed back in 2006. "When a Dog Loves a Cat" was filmed in 2007 after "Wars of the in Laws 2." She has improved greatly since then.

Like the magazine scan said, in this series, Myolie didn't have to srunch up her face for tears to come out. It came out naturally.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:02 am

^ Yeah! They just want to hold on and bite on the old news. As if their sales will improve tremendously, if they report all the bad news. Time to move on guys... She has already done her best and improved.
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by BBgirl Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:37 am

Myolie'e acting had improved a lot lately and no doubt that she's one of the TVB actress who can really act and shed real tears when she cry....I support MYO!!The journalist are just a bunch of nosy people who "look" into the internet to find news and claimed that the haters of Myolie are "netizens".What they didn't look at the internet is there's still many Myolie fans supporting and encouraging her but ironically the so called "journalist" didn't mention about it in the news.......

This news are just some random news that we had read a lot in the past but they just had to bring the topic back up again everytime after TVB finish airing a series with Myolie in it so that their magazine could sell like hot cakes...... oioi how dumb of them to have a thought like that? hmph

I'm anticipating Myolie's new album and her new series with Moses!!but I'm still wondering why did Myo finish filming BF3 that fast?is a 40 eps series right?So it approximately takes about 4-5 months of filming huh? unless her role is something like Bosco's role in MR where most of the cast took about 5 months to filmed but he only took less than that to filmed his part and also started filming BF3 early.....
BBgirl
BBgirl
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:51 am

swtaznlaydee wrote:To me, it's like her bad performance in "Tai Chi" overshadowed her good performance in "When a Dog Loves a Cat." Which is disappointing, because she performed badly in "Tai Chi", but she improved greatly in "When a Dog Loves a Cat." "Tai Chi" was filmed back in 2006. "When a Dog Loves a Cat" was filmed in 2007 after "Wars of the in Laws 2." She has improved greatly since then.

Like the magazine scan said, in this series, Myolie didn't have to srunch up her face for tears to come out. It came out naturally.

I don't like he performed badly in Tai Chi - yes, in one of the earlier episode, she looks pretty bad in the emotional scenes. She performed fine in the rest of the episodes Therefore, I recall it was reported that Myolie denied that her acting was exaggerated because such the role require. Imagine if your loved ones are brutally killed, I wonder whether one can stay cool.... and unemotional. Most of us ( normal) would be yelling and crying our eyes out and looking extremely horrible. Anyway, good acting and bad acting is very subjective.
Same for WDLC, when you see the one you love vomit and split out blood, what will your reaction be? Sudden Shocked. The netizens then criticized as exaggerated.

Obviously those who disliked Myolie FIND FAULT in EVERYTHING she does, which is unavoidable.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Yes. It is hard to be unemotional whenever something really tragic happens in your life. However, you have to admit that Myolie could've toned down her expressions in "Tai Chi" more. "War and Destiny" was a tradgedy where Myolie's character also suffered alot. In "War and Destiny", Myolie's acting was fine. At most, people would just complained about her character being too good to be true. Where as in "Tai Chi", you can check the screencaps and see that she did not perform her best. Yes, there were good moments like she performed well and natural when she got jilted at the altar, but not enough to label her whole performance as good/great.

In "When a Dog Loves a Cat", I do agree that Myolie overall performed well. I loved how natural how all her crying scenes were. First one, when her dad was at the hospital, her tears flowed down her cheeks naturally. She didn't have to scrunch up her face for tears to come down. I also agree that the shock on Myolie's face when Gallen spit out blood was realistic. She performed that very well. Her expression wasn't overdone. I also loved her speech at the funeral while she was crying. Most actresses would sound incoherent while crying, but Myolie still talked eloquently while tears flowed down her face.

Fans tend to also look on their idol's good sides than weakness. I love Myolie, however she's bound to have at least one or two bad performance in her career. She's human. I do feel sorry for her, because I feel that the criticisms of her performance in "When a Dog Loves a Cat" are not justisfied. I looked at the screencaps and none of her expressions in "When a Dog Loves a Cat" were exaggerated. In a way, the viewers think so too since the ratings of the show gradually went up and got an average of 32 pts for the finale.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterWonders Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:05 pm

CheersMyolie wrote:Poor Myolie,

The netizens and reporters just love to humiliate her . But, I am proud of her on how to answer them....just don't understand when veterans like LSK, Liza Wang and Gallen Lo supported her, these reporters kept blowing up ...why don't they report that there are many comments about her acting being good. I wish Myolie could answer them this way....

yeah, and let's put it this way.. they always like to humiliate artistes... there's no way an artistes could be loved by everyone... so there will be criticisms for whatever he/she does. Even doing charity work, some netizens will criticize them for being "fake" and trying to be a "goodie goodie". When they make a very minor mistake (like everyone else does in society), some people exaggerate and emphasis it THAT THAT THAT much bigger and when they actually do well in something, the people look at it so much smaller. Always happens. As long as we like Myolie's acting, it's okay ^^
WaterWonders
WaterWonders
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:32 pm

^ I agree. There's no point getting heated or unhappy over these news cause every artiste experience the same treatment from the media in one way or the other. It just seems like Myolie has heaps of these news cause we only read her news, but I am sure other artiste are the same or perhaps worse.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:40 pm

^ Agreed that there no point getting heated over these news but sorry I can't agree that every artiste get some form of same treatment......from the " netizens"
Just within the TVB actress circle alone, Tavia for one doesn't. ( she voted the most loved or something along the line time and time again... Bernice, not that I am aware of and Linda -very minimum.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:03 pm

^ Lol I know quite a handful of people who doesn't like Tavia. And she often gets negative news and rumours as well... That might explain why TVB has been giving her minor roles.

What about Charmaine, Sonjia, Gigi Lai, Shirley Yeung, Yoyo Mung etc... Even the newer ones like Fala & Tracy Yip gets bad news or WORSE.

Not only talking about actresses, but singers in HK get farr more worse news than Myolie la =.=. You are just not exposed to all of the stuff that goes around in HK media.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:32 pm

^Are you serious about Tavia? When's the last time she's got bad news? She seems well liked in HK to me. She's been getting alot of praise for her acting lately. She's never been frozen. If she often gets bad news, then she would get frozen like Tracy Ip did. She's had first leading roles before that's why I get a little irritated when Tavia's fans keep saying she's underrated. At least, I can understand Leila's fans, because Leila never got the first leading role before.

Anyways, overall, I don't really care if other artistes are criticized or get bad news. I care if Myolie does because I'm her fan. I don't care what happens to other artists in HK. Fans get more upset when reading bad news about their idols than about other random people.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:47 pm

You are right Wenbie that I am not exposed to HK media as I only follow a few selected TVB artists and I believe what you said.

However, as for Tavia, Charmaine, Linda, Gigi lai, Fala and the whole list you mentioned I follow their news as often as I follow Myolie's and I can come to conclusion that Myolie stuck out as a sore thumb in terms of criticism from the netizens.

Tavia, she has absolutely no negative comments from the netizens. Minor roles by TVB ?? 1 netizen just pointed out she has 5 series in 2007, of which are all in the top 5. Just look into Asian forum most of the netizens are for her to get the best actress 2008 and opposing to why LSK even mentioned about Myolie.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:16 pm

I have faith in Myolie, one day she will be outstanding! Nobody will say she is exaggerating! ^_^

Haha, not only I think she has the same wig as Michelle Yim in MR also the reporters ;)
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:06 pm

Tavia is getting more popular lately because of her role in MR. Honestly, i agree that she acted very well in MR! And i like her character in there. but there are also people out who doesn't likely her. And can't be helped too. It is norm for them to be criticized. I think they are used to it too. Paparazzi is so common in Hong kong. But let's have faith that Myolie will prove all of them wrong! Time will tell and neutral audience have eyes to see the amount of effort that she has put in.

Remember Charmaine sheh when she first came out? She was slapped right and left by the criticisms and people hated her so much. she persevered and put in her best effort. Look at where she is now... and she is recognised for her efforts eventually.

i believe Myolie will too! :D She will prove all of them wrong! :D Lets support her! haha..
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next