Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided

+9
PPearl
AddyLeong
guesswho
go_myo
CheersMyolie
swtaznlaydee
awesomeitsjackie
soffiagiang
linnette_zj
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided - Page 2 Empty Re: [8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided

Post by PPearl Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:04 am

thanks for sharing.

i hope myolie gets her breakthrough role soon. she is capable of it and definitely shines.
PPearl
PPearl
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

[8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided - Page 2 Empty Re: [8 Aug 08] Interview with Myolie: Inside and Outside divided

Post by twailam Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:43 am

thanks for sharing the photos.
twailam
twailam
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:02 am

Myolie Wu: A Cat within, A Dog on the outside

Myolie Wu's lifestyle includes having a cat family at home, where they have freedom around the house. She has 9 precious cats at home; cats have more power than people, Myolie's personality is very "cat" like. She loves how cats are gentle and their movements are elegant, naturally cats are born to have a woman's personality, cool, not good with communicating with strangers because she's shy. Outer appearance is warm and cheerful,it's sweet older sister, Dogs when people sees, people love. Her life and work sometimes become contradictory. "The feeling for cats is conservative, weak on the inside, dogs are hard working and constantly try to provide love, the two are totally opposite. My personality is very like "cat" like, but when filming series, the roles I play are ironically all "dog" like. Maybe its my appearance that affects it, I can only say that my outer appearance seems like a dog, but inside I'm a cat, a hard working cat." Myolie's expression seems to be a bit helpless.

All along, she had not had the opportunity to play the real Myolie Wu, therefore stirring up all the misunderstandings. In the past 9 years, her showbiz career has been in the board world of imagination. Although she has already filmed 34 series, she already has a stabilized actress position. Her connections are different, even when she's signing a "Biological Daughter" contract with TVB's manager, there is a difference. As for audiences perspective of Myolie, she is the most graceful.

In the business for 9 years, Filmed 34 Series

"If you count that others were in the business for 9 or 10 years, everyone would think that is a long time, but if you're counting days, it's only 3000+ days, time passes really fast. I also don't feel that I've gotten any older! Haha! In the past, I would estimate how many series I filmed, after I got up to the 15th or 16th series, I didn't deliberately continue to count anymore; Without knowing, I already filmed 34 series!"

Entering Miss Hong Kong at age 19, next year it will be her 10th Anniversary, Miss Wu's age has also reached the end of the '2' digit [reaching her late 20's], can't blame that she's gotten arrogant. She said: "That's not good! Because my appearance is still a little girl, I also want to play different types of roles, like a strong business woman or a mature female. Earlier I did suggest to my company, hopefully I will have different opportunities." This is from the bottom of Myolie's heart.

Tired with the same roles

Myolie has always had opportunities to film, but unfortunately the people watching her are impatiently waiting for the role that's her breakthrough. Zoe in "Triumph in the Skies" (Year 2003) has just finished broadcasting in the late night time slot, now in the current broadcast of Chow Chow in "When A Dog Loves A Cat", are the roles the same? Both have the warm heart, both are the good girl, both are enthusiastic and both are the type who has a good heart to help, but messes everything up. This is what Myolie has been portraying in the past few years. "I know this is a big issue, audience may misunderstand that because of this, I did not improve, but some intelligence? I am a timid type, I have no power to change the script or the character's personality. I hope that in the future I will be able to have a breakthrough role, I have a lot of confidence for myself, I have the capabilities to do it, just waiting for the opportunity to come. I hope its Tomorrow!" Myolie continues: "I cannot deny that the roles I played in the past brought me the success I have today, sometimes I get good roles, leaving good impressions on audience and brought me a group of Fans. But, people will become mature as they grow older, I can't always be the 'good heart, but messes up everything' characters."

Gallen Lo's Eyes, generates Tears

Myolie and Gallen Lo had collaborated 3 times, Wong Hei 3 times, Bosco Wong and Raymond Lam 4 times each, the collaboration that gives the most fresh feeling is in "Burning Flames III" where she pairs with Kevin Cheng.

In 2002, Myolie collaborated with Gallen in "Golden Faith", the two played brother and sister; Year 2008 in "When A Dog Loves A Cat", they are a couple. "6 years difference, Now I'm collaborating with Gallen again, I feel pressure. He is one big brother, would advise me, but during filming I would purposely not ask him for advise. Six years ago, I was a little girl, but right now I'm a lead actress, I should know how to do my part, but I'm really happy that my performance did not disappoint him. His stare is very serious, he can teach me. When the series reached to the end, I watched Gallen's teary eyes, my tears could not help but come out as well."

"Right now I'm filming with Wong Hei for "Burning Flames III", because the collaborating opportunities were frequent, I understand his temper, he respects me. Sometimes he lectures me and I agree with him, maybe it's an issue of expressing himself, He's impulsive, so others misunderstand him. I feel that Raymond Lam is a great actor, his initial debut was a grand production, later we collaborated again in 'Eternal Happiness' he was able to fight too. I felt that he was amazing! With Kevin Cheng in 'Burning Flames III', it's going to be a triangle love, he acts well and is natural. Sometimes I would get electrified by him, his electricity is really full power."

With Bosco Wong, never got "serious"

Counting Myolie's male co-stars, she had the most rumors with Bosco Wong. She said that her and Bosco never had true feelings, never was serious! "When I collaborated with Bosco we were relaxed, we never seriously dated or had true feelings. He also plays comedic series more, he especially has a lot of ideas with those types. Hopefully in the future we'll have an opportunity to film a more serious/normal series.

Besides wanting to film a serious series with Bosco, does she plan to develop a 'true' relationship with him? Speaking of rumored boyfriend, Myolie notices that she changed from a 'cat' to a 'dog'. Earlier, kept talking about how her career developed, when speaking of Bosco she silly laughs. "Right now I have two boyfriends, they are Wong Hei and Kevin Cheng. Rumored couples are created by the media and audiences, artistes is just one part of the pair. Linda Chung has Raymond Lam, Bernice Liu has Moses Chan... ... (Do you have Bosco?) Hahahaha!" Myolie laughed out loud and didn't respond.

Attracting Online Wars

Myolie really attracts fire, she is netizens' controversial figure. Netizens gives her offensive criticism, saying that her roles have no character, her acting is exaggerated, no improvements; But, there are a group of fans who support Myolie, defending for her. A discussion community becomes a war zone. Asked Myolie if she's aware of the battle going on online? Believed that this question caused her to feel somewhat awkward, Myolie only calmly responded saying that she never saw it, ending the question, followed by a burst in silence.

Cannot please the world, actually some people say, some people scold, it's not a bad thing. At least they have opinions on her performance, need to find a sediment, find a topic. Whether its her haters or her fans, they all still watch her performance, so her series' ratings are quite satisfying.

The people that praised Myolie includes Liza Wang and Lee Si Kei. Liza collaborated with Myolie in "War of In-Law" and its sequel, she said that Myolie is good with pitiful roles. Sometimes she feels that they have a "mother-daughter-in-law" relationship and care for each other. But over the past years, the Fa Dans that collaborated with Liza is a lot too, Myolie was the one she praised by name.

Two Big Sisters praising her by name

Lee Si Kei (LSK) has not collaborated with Myolie yet, last year reporters asked LSK about this, there was one thing she said. LSK: "Myolie's acting is pretty good! (Many people say that she doesn't know how to act?) Nope, She really knows how to act, her acting is so real. Every person has different views and opinions, "real" is her strategy for acting. She also is willing to sacrifice for a good performance, I like to watch her!" Passing on LSK's words to Myolie, it made her laugh, her laughter was really real, not exaggerated at all.

Mother Cat Not easy to be

Myolie has love, her loving heart is overfilling, at home she has 36feet of cat footprints all over the house and she still does not complain that its a lot. The nine "Young Masters & Misses" [her Cats] (Dau Dau, Bao Bao, Foo Mi, Boh Boh, JoJo, Black Mi, Wong Wong, Fooi Fooi and Mi Jai) all have maids to care for them, eating and living well. When Myolie gets home, she would take care of her "children", her cats could experience a mother's love. She loves her 15 pound British Shorthair cat - Bao Bao, but the one that wins Outstanding Contribution Award is Bao Bao's son - Dau Dau, because Dau Dau's father joins the army (?). She brought the father-son Bao Bao and Dau Dau to film "When A Dog Loves A Cat", arranged a model to take them to do a CatWalk, Bao Bao who had stage fright, refused to move. In the end, Dau Dau was brought out for the catwalk instead, earning $300 for a carriage fee. A Star Mother is not easy to be, when watching Bao Bao fuss, her pressure was higher than the pressure on her own performance. In the future, she won't be using them for filming in order to earn quick money anymore.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

aZnangel translated a few more excerpts. hehe. I really admire Lee Sei Kei. She's never collaborated with Myolie before. So, she never really experienced firsthand like Liza. Yet, she still praises Myolie's acting. I must commend this veteran.

Last edited by swtaznlaydee on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:13 am

thanks ! LSK is praising Myolie :), I've never heard that before ! Kevolie is a fresh pairing..
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:27 am

Yes, I have read about LSK comments - it was when she won the Best Actress award at TVB Anniversary and was asked who she thinks are the new generation of fadans and she commented about Myolie even though she has not collaborate with her before.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Thank you soooo much Linn for translation! Good workkk.

This is a good interview. LOL @ Myolie's reaction when they mentioned Bosco hahaha.

I do hope TVB can give her the opportunity to act a different role for once >.<
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterWonders Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:56 pm

thanks for the translations!!! <3

lol yeah... Myolie's reaction whenever they mention Bosco's kinda funny XD
WaterWonders
WaterWonders
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:49 pm

awesomeitsjackie wrote:^actually, during 2004-2005 and beginning of 2006, she was very well promoted. She did series after series after series. But now, they're trying to promote new faces, esp. Linda Chung. You can't really blame them, promoting is to lift someone up to a more stable position, and Myolie has gotten to fa dan, so tehy need to help some other stars. But i wish tehy would re-promote myolie, with different roles so taht she can havea breakthrough role and those netizens bashing her all teh time and finally shut up.

Actually, I meant quality and not quantity as swtaznlaydee puts it.
AddyLeong
AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Myolie is so pretty in these pics. I can't wait until she get a serious drama role too. But no matter what, I will always support and watch her dramas.

kylie
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:50 pm

Thanks swtaznlaydee for the updated news! :D

yeah..it was so cool of LSK to praise Myolie! haha.. and they never acted in another drama together.
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2