Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa

+7
swtaznlaydee
twailam
awesomeitsjackie
soffiagiang
joyce20176
go_myo
linnette_zj
11 posters

Go down

[31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa Empty [31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:10 am

Myolie Wu Q&A

31 July 2008
Emma Lam/ Tammy Ly

[31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa 2010
[31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa 2110
[31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa 2310
[31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa 2410

Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) has never been one for convention. Having proven herself as one of the most versatile actresses at TVB, the 28-year-old is still eager to take on even more challenges. batgwa.com found out a little more about what makes her tick

Both of the War of In-Laws <野蠻奶奶> series have been hugely successful. Which of the two was your favourite, the Qing dynasty period version or the modern version?To be honest, I like my characters from both series and it is difficult to choose the one I like more. If I had to choose, then there were more co-stars for the period drama, so it was like a big family. When we were working the days passed by very merrily, and it was very happy and good fun. There were fewer artistes in the modern version, so my part became heavier and, as my expectations of myself had increased because I hoped to do better than before, there was quite a lot of pressure on me. As soon as I had completed this difficult challenge, though, the feeling of satisfaction was especially great.

Would you like to film a third War Of In-Laws series? What kind of setting would you like to place it in?
I would definitely welcome a third series. The first one was set in ancient times, the second one in modern times, so perhaps the third one could be set in the future? [Laughs]

Liza Wang (汪明荃) is renowned for having high expectations. How difficult was it to meet these and did it get easier the second time around?
Liza is known for having a serious approach to her work, so me and the other artistes will instinctively raise our own requirements to do better than last time. Although this increased the difficulty, we had already built up the chemistry and trust after working together last time and everyone was clear on what was expected of them. We would point things out to each other and this brought up the level of the performance.

What was your motivation to enter Miss Hong Kong?
Originally I never thought about entering, but my friend asked me to join her when she entered. At the time I hoped to give myself more challenges and experiences and entering Miss Hong Kong was an extremely good opportunity, so in the end I decided to enter.

You've taken on some unusual roles over your TVB career that have won you high acclaim, such as a mentally disabled character in Golden Faith <流金歲月>, does acting these roles come naturally, or do you have to work hard to grasp the character?
I put a lot of emphasis on the inner world of each character. To me, outside of what is written in the script, every role has another world that is not in there. As a result, I will continue to think and do my best to immerse myself into the character and observe people from the same person-type and their lives. Only by fully entering the role can I perform it naturally and realistically. For example, at the time, I went to visit some mentally impaired people and copied some of their little habits and learned how they have specific tones when they speak. The result was very pleasing, but, looking back at it now, there were still many areas for improvement.

What is the most difficult role you have played so far?
Every role has its own difficulties, because every character has her own story. You have to truly enter it to play it well. One hundred people will have one hundred different ways of performing, so you cannot use the same method of playing different roles. If I had to say which one, then I was rather worried about playing "Fei Tin" [To Grow With Love <肥田囍事>] – not about my acting ability, but about the short time available for filming. My natural build is one where I do not gain weight no matter how much I eat, so I was worried that I would not be able to put on enough weight in the limited time. Fortunately, the outcome was not too bad.

When you gained 40 lbs to play the role of Fei Tin, it came as a surprise to everyone. How long did you take to consider the role? How did the experience compare to your expectations?
I am afraid of getting bored and I am a person who loves a challenge, so when it came to playing Fei Tin, I did not think about it too much. Maybe a character like Fei Tin would have a big effect on my body, so I decided that taking it on while I am still young would be better. After filming, I realised that with my natural build, it was actually harder to put on weight in a short time than it was to lose weight in a short time.

Have you found any lasting effects from the rapid weight gain and subsequent weight loss?
Up to now, there has been none, because I had support from a professional nutritionist. When you are filming, you are often standing for long periods of time and, as I had gained weight and was carrying an additional 40 lbs, it did leave me with very painful legs at the time.

What kind of role would you really like to try? Would you consider playing ugly roles like Angela Tong (湯盈盈)'s "Ah Ho" in Life Made Simple <阿旺新傳> or physically disabled characters?
As long as the script is good and the characters are suitable, then I would be interested in any kind of character. A good actor should not limit oneself to the confines of a frame.

How do you feel about TVB giving opportunities to artistes to sing theme songs and try their luck in the music industry?
I think it is a good thing and, as an artiste, to be able to try many different fields of work is an invaluable experience in terms of artistic and personal development.

Myolie's series When A Dog Loves A Cat <當狗愛上貓> is currently airing in Hong Kong. She is currently filming for new series Burning Flame III <烈火雄心III> and also preparing to embark on a singing career.

Credits: Batgwa.com
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa Empty Re: [31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa

Post by go_myo Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:08 am

Wow thanks for this!!! Batgwa so lucky to interview Myolie!! Wish this forum can interview her as well!! ^_^
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

[31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa Empty Re: [31 July 2008] Myolie's interview with Batgwa

Post by joyce20176 Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:18 am

Thanks sis for sharing the news, good interview I think.
haha WOIL 3 sets in the future, interesting.
joyce20176
joyce20176
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:24 am

Thanks for sharing, Linnette_zj
If WOIL 3 would sets in future, then the robots will exist ! LOL
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:34 am

LOL..yeah! and maybe Myolie is from outer space..and Liza is against her son dating someone from Mars..lol...

No probs about the article..haha..can just call me Linn..no need to type so long...save the trouble.. :P
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:34 am

then Liza use her space shuttle and attack on Myolie LOL. Reminds me of WOIL 2 when the people at the company made a video of Ah Man and Ophelia attacking on each other in space shuttles !

haha ok Linn, then call me Soffia
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:40 am

WOIL 3 in the future? I thought before Bosco andd Myolie said tehy wanted "my mom is the mafia boss" hhahahahaha.
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by twailam Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:44 am

thanks for sharing the interview.
twailam
twailam
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:02 am

wow. thanks for the interview. lols. xD

I never noticed the change of the cast size between "wars of the in laws 1 & 2" haha. Both cast seems big to me.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:36 am

No prob..haha..yeah..the family size shrunk thats why.. in woil 1 , both of them have a big family, but now, its just one each
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:50 am

thanks Linn for translation and posting this article.

Would certainly welcome the idea of WOIL 3 in 2010?
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Erm judging from the woil2 script and the possibilities of a future plot based on this sassy mother-in-law theme, I won't agree to a third installment. Two is enough.

And yeah can see her efforts in improving herself in woil2. she did well for her role clapping

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:09 pm

psycho 0805 wrote:Erm judging from the woil2 script and the possibilities of a future plot based on this sassy mother-in-law theme, I won't agree to a third installment. Two is enough.

I do agree that two is enough. A future plot is too weird.

WOil2 plot was overall good & succeeded the first one. I read comments that some people didn't enjoy the first one, but ended up enjoying the sequel. The sequel is better, imo. I actually got teary eyed near the ending.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:21 pm

^yea, me too.. i felt so sorry for Myolie's character in 18-20..I was crying too. I wanted to smack Kyle in the face for Chow Lai Man! haha.
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:42 pm

I actually felt sorry for Ah Man in ep. 15-19, I just wanted to slap both Kyle and Athena !
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by PPearl Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:58 pm

awesomeitsjackie wrote:WOIL 3 in the future? I thought before Bosco andd Myolie said tehy wanted "my mom is the mafia boss" hhahahahaha.
that sounds like a really cool title. i think i will get a kick out of liza acting out an uncouth character.

as for a futuristic woil 3, i tink myolie will look awesome and sexy in those tight fitting, skin hugging shining outfits.
PPearl
PPearl
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:31 am

Yes!! i wanted to slap Kyle man... how indecisive can he be! and stupid Athena for being so mean and trying to be a third party..how childish of her... Poor Chow Lai Mun... and she tried so hard to be a good daugher in law and wife..

yup.iwill think two is enough..if they are planning for WOIL 3, i will suggest they move out from the mother-daughter in law bad relations plot... and try out a new plot... but of course retaining the pairing of Boscolie and Liza!haha..thats why we want to watch WOIL right, Boscolie!!!
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:17 am

linnette_zj wrote:
yup.iwill think two is enough..if they are planning for WOIL 3, i will suggest they move out from the mother-daughter in law bad relations plot... and try out a new plot... but of course retaining the pairing of Boscolie and Liza!haha..thats why we want to watch WOIL right, Boscolie!!!

Blasphemous. The success of the series was from the unharmonious relationship between the in-laws. The friction between in-laws is not an unfamiliar topic in the Land of TVB, usually only used as a minor subplot or plot device, but it wasn’t fully addressed as a major theme until Wars of In-Laws. That's what makes the series so unique. oioi Boscolie was just a bonus.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:45 pm

^ haha... yeah... but some of us like the pairing of Boscolie, so we like the show even more because of it! And yes... the show is unique because the theme of 'in laws quarrellings' is the main theme..
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:14 pm

swtaznlaydee wrote:
psycho 0805 wrote:Erm judging from the woil2 script and the possibilities of a future plot based on this sassy mother-in-law theme, I won't agree to a third installment. Two is enough.

I do agree that two is enough. A future plot is too weird.

WOil2 plot was overall good & succeeded the first one. I read comments that some people didn't enjoy the first one, but ended up enjoying the sequel. The sequel is better, imo. I actually got teary eyed near the ending.

Hmm not only about the plot, but also I don't see any anticipation in the theme. We already had 2 seasons of mother-in-law VS daughter-in-law with a wimpy son stuck in the middle, and if there's gonna be part 3, it's the same old thing being recycled again [except it's probably in a different setting].

My opinion is the opposite. I didn't quite enjoy woil2 as much as I did for woil1. But no denial that Myo's acting did improve significantly in the Chow Lai Man role, and that's probably the main enjoyment for me in watching this drama.

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:22 pm

This is what you call an INTERVIEW. Thanks Linn for posting it up!

Anyway, I think Myolie is joking about a 3rd instalment (set in the future rofl). I liked WOIL1 more too cause it was so original and it was that which made me like Myolie... The jokes/humour were better in WOIL1 too. Gosh I still laugh at that painting scene LOL.

I didn't like WOIL2 as much as 1 cause it ended up too serious from the middle onwards... And I can't forgive Kyle for cheating on Chow Lai Man... She deserves better LOL.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:40 pm

^ haha..no problem! Yes..i prefer this interview..its not offensive at all and its very neutral and serious too.. no negative assumptions, etc! haha.. its a good interview.

Yeah! Stupid kyle! i dont know what he sees in Athena when he already has such a good wife! i wanted to jump into the tv to slap him! hha..
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down