Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved

+10
Wenbie
goldengater
WaterWonders
PinkAngel
swtaznlaydee
toby
awesomeitsjackie
lollipop
hkangel
go_myo
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved Empty [12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved

Post by go_myo Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:29 am

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=434713898
credits: Appledaily

Francis Ng revealed Myolie Wu complained tearfully filming series to get better relations

Recently TVB series "Triumph in the Skies" is broadcasting in the midnight on TVB station, Francis Ng who is acting as Sam brother in it was at the studio for a program hosted by Sandra Ng as a guest. He criticized TVB is using the improper methods of promoting the new persons.

He revealed that a female artist was complaining tearfully to him during that time that filming series is not about acting skills but about relations. According to reports that person is Myolie Wu. Francis frankly said he does not like the Anniversary award shows organized by TVB. He believes TVB is closing the doors to split apart with his own people.

[12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved D82175fe5680f6275d6008fmh3.th
(Francis Ng revealed that there was a female actress burst into tears complaining filming is not about acting but about having the right relationships. According to reports that person is Myolie Wu (right on the picture))

TVB is re-airing "Triumph in the Skies" 2003 series starring Francis Ng very late at night. The reactions are very welcoming, the late night's ratings hit the record, the average is 7 points approximately forty-four thousand audience is watching the series. They talked about Francis Ng's fun of acting in TVB at those years, also about the acting level of the actors which is dropped down.

The new people is lacking of acting training

Sandra talked in the program about the recently "Speed of Silence" series acted by Kate Tsui and Kenneth Ma. Referring that the new group of people seems like amateurs. Francis also thinks TVB's direction promoting the newbies are mistaken. He pointed out that the newbies have no acting training at all. Actually when filming the Triumph series he once trained the newbies. He said: One time I purposely NG every person 30 times telling them why they don't learn the dialogue. The whole group insulted him therefore."

[12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved 3bcf0816385fe547f2de32fcb8.th
(Francis revealed that during filming series Triumph he had learned lessons to those who has not learned well the dialogue.)

Francis revealed that during the period of filming the above mentioned series, he called a female actress to do her best with acting; but this makes the counterpart crying. She even threatened that filming a series currently is not about acting, but about relations. Francis said: "How come it's turning into this? Organizing what female what male award?" (TVB best actor & best actress award). A TV station who is shutting the door to share with his own people. This anniversary it's you the next it's the other, I dislike this way." It is reported that the female artiste is Myolie Wu.

In June 2004 she accepted an interview of a magazine, she has spoken that although from little on her personal character is clearly vigorous and not easily in crying, but there are exceptions. She expressed that during the filming of Triump series she cried because of the NG's. At that time she did not acted very well therefore NG's many times, she didn't know what she had mistaken and end up crying.

[12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved 05cbaf29e050aae898250afvk5.th
(Myolie revelead that she once cried because she did not acted very well.)

Blame scenarist level is dropped down

Actually in the Triumph series, the female actors acting with Francis are only Michelle Ye, Flora Chan and Myolie Wu. Having the least screen time is Michelle Ye from all of them, as for Flora Chan she has already many years of acting experience which does not match with Francis' description of newbie. The only new person was Myolie Wu, who acted with Francis as a couple.

Yesterday reporters phoned Myolie Wu regarding to Francis' opinion to find out, but she denied she is the female actress which Francis is referring to. She said: "That person is definitely not me, how come acting is not about acting skills!"

Francis is most dissatisfied about the fact that TVB is searching for artists to act which benefit the other side: "Acting with you is giving you face and not because of promoting myself. They always think it's benefiting them. Having one advertisement earning few hundred thousand HKD, but they don't think back about how I help them to earn 1 million. They don't give much money..it's really abrupt."

Sandra criticized the level of the scriptwriters is dropped down of TVB. She said the series "Love Exchange" acted by main actors Michael Miu and Anita Yuan is like a radio drama, as for "Speech of Silence" series the yesterday's scene was about Kenneth Ma and Kate Tsui expressing love which she thinks it's too excessive. She said: "How do the scriptwriters write? The acting is fake, the script is fake, not refreshing and not romantic at all!"

[12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved 060a218f45f1def8f11f36fhv4.th
(Sandra Ng criticized Kate Tsui & Kenneth Ma about their acting in Speech of Silence, that they are lacking from acting experience.)

Last edited by go_myo on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:03 am; edited 8 times in total
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

[12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved Empty Re: [12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:33 am

I can't believe you translated it go_myo... esp. the Apple Daily version too oioi (which is just full of ... )

Actually Francis never stated who the female artiste was.

Seriously... if you just listen to the actual radio interview.... it's like... oioi

Poor Myolie suddenly being pulled into this.
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved Empty Re: [12 July 2008] Francis Ng interview, Myolie is involved

Post by go_myo Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:02 am

Haha yeah I translated it because I think it would be interesting to know how far the magazines are writing but this time it's not too bad because we all know Myolie is professional at acting and she likes to. yes
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:15 am

Yeah, but Apple Daily oioi

LOL, I bet this translation is gonna be reposted in another forum.

Now let's just wait for the bashing to come =.=
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:43 am

LOL, who do you think that particular actress is? Michelle Yip? or Margaret Chung?
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:52 am

Actually, if you listen to the whole interview, it wasn't as clear cut as it's supposed to be. When I listened to it, I actually thought Francis was talking about Ron Ng and the constant NG's, coz he actually mentioned it before in "The Making of TITS".

But then somehow, he said it was a female... which I'm not sure if he was still refering to the NG scenes, or he has moved onto another discussion (in regards to the "connections" needed in TVB)... As for who this female might be, I don't know. Does it matter anyway? Whoever it is, she made a statement which could very well be true - but it doesn't mean she's referring to herself who needs connections - she's just making an observation about the entertainment industry.

I still have doubts whether it is Myolie.

And my respect for Francis has gone downhill... seriously, if you listen to the actual interview... his actions and words seem really "petty" to me.
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:00 am

Crazy Apple Daily at it again hmph Just take these news with a grain of salt. We know how professional Myolie is

Sing Tao newspaper also printed down this report, they even have a list of 'suspects' for Francis allegations:
星島日報
2008-07-12
君如鎮宇狂踩無綫 「劇集太爛 演員太渣」

吳君如(三姑)回歸商台,與DJ阿喱重新主持《嘩!嘩!嘩!打到嚟!2008》節目,前晚請來同是無綫出身的好友吳鎮宇任嘉賓。兩人對於娘家毫不留情地作出批評,炮轟現時正播放的雙綫劇集《甜言蜜語》及《疑情別戀》,橋段老土,演員不專業,更直指無綫不應舉辦一些閉門造車的頒獎禮,來分化同台的小生花旦。文:Winnie

吳君如復出主持商台節目《嘩!嘩!嘩!打到嚟!2008》,秉承一貫敢言作風,前晚更請來好友吳鎮宇任嘉賓,大講「電視劇風雲」,炮轟娘家無綫的種種不是,矛頭直指現時播放的雙綫劇集。君如與鎮宇直言苗僑偉與袁詠儀主演的《疑情別戀》,雖有優質演員,但劇本卻似廣播劇,根本無機會給演員發揮,只可以照稿讀。

君如又狠批另一齣電視劇《甜言蜜語》劇本老土,尤其是主角馬國明向徐子珊表白的戲分,劇情老土到相信二人演出時也會感到尷尬,她直言:「唔知個編劇想點!徐子珊戲中的假直髮又真的很假。」將該劇批評到體無完膚。

大揭小生花旦醜行

除了不滿現時無綫劇集的水準外,吳鎮宇又表示,不明白為何無綫每年要舉辦《萬千星輝頒獎禮》,覺得這樣只會分化小生及花旦。他與君如都指現時無綫捧花旦及小生的制度,只是單單讓他們見報,從沒有訓練他們的演技,這並不是一個好現象。

對於現時於深夜重播,自己有份主演的電視劇《衝上雲霄》,鎮宇又大爆當年合作的一位花旦,演得十分差勁,其中一句對白講得不好,NG了30次,他正想上前安慰對方,對方卻哭着說:「乜現在拍劇不是講關係的嗎?還要講演技?」此外,他更提到當年合作的四大小生:黃宗澤、吳卓羲、陳鍵鋒及馬國明,記得有一場戲,某位小生的對白錯了,鎮宇好心提醒對方,但對方卻反問他:「關你甚麼事?」鎮宇笑言當年拍劇從不敢頂撞前輩。

陳志雲叫君如加入無綫

此外,無綫總經理陳志雲強調沒有聽過吳鎮宇所說的事情,無綫是一家制度化的電視台,從來沒有人可以欽點任何人做任何事,而且無綫不是一個人話事,用一個人要經分派角色委員會審批,不是活在黑暗年代。同時他反駁台慶頒獎禮閉門造車的說法,無綫公開給觀眾投票,每位藝員希望得到觀眾認同的獎項,愈重視愈高興。他不覺得現時的兩綫劇集有問題,如果吳君如覺得藝員水準不夠高,希望她可以加入,提高藝員的水準。

另外,馬國明被彈演出似業餘不會太難受,他說:「吳君如是影后,與她相比當然差一截,身為後輩要接受前輩批評,唯有再做好一點,下一部劇會覺得我有進步。」

===
嫌疑犯逐個捉 [Catching Suspects]

吳鎮宇於節目中,大爆當年合作《衝上雲霄》的花旦小生的不是,其中有花旦向他哭訴「乜依家拍劇不是講關係的嗎?」,又有小生不領他的好意提醒。嫌疑人物包括:

嫌疑犯1號:胡杏兒嫌疑指數

劇中飾演一名機場人員,與鎮宇由暗戀至相戀,對手戲較多。

嫌疑犯2號:葉璇嫌疑指數

劇中飾演首位女飛機師,鎮宇乃她的導師。

嫌疑犯3號:陳慧珊嫌疑指數

劇中與鎮宇曾有一段霧水情緣,但慧珊演技一直備受讚賞,嫌疑成數較低。

嫌疑犯4號:吳卓羲嫌疑指數

與鎮宇於劇中飾演兩兄弟,對手戲頗多,而且吳入行之初即備受無綫器重。

嫌疑犯5號:陳鍵鋒嫌疑指數

劇中飾演富家子,因追求葉璇才當飛機師,曾與鎮宇到澳洲拍攝外景,且入行以來也曾傳出擺款緋聞。(五粒*為最高)

lollipop
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:08 am

Sigh, it seems like Mingpao is the only reputable newspaper nowadays.
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:21 am

I don't know how reputable Ming Pao is, but I know Sun and Oriental Daily is also prone to gossips oioi

lollipop
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:26 am

Yeah, I know. And it seems like the media is getting really lazy that they're relying on the Internet as their source for gossip... Like, COME ON. oioi

Where are the good old days when there is a good bond between artistes and the media?
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:26 am

Poor Myo! Did Francis really need to pull that out?! I mean seriously, TITS filmed 5 years ago! I doubt its Myolie, but pulling that out will just make things a little harder for her, which she obviously doesnt need! No one paid attention to it then, so why bring it up again?!
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:39 am

Translation is complete.. how dare Sandra Ng criticize TVB as wel..
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:44 am

Actually Sandra and Francis criticising TVB isn't such a huge problem... (it's not the first time, is it?). But when they get other actors/actresses invovled, then it becomes an issue, becuase it's clearly TVB and its procedures which they should be criticising.

Plus, is this Francis' attempt to promote his series that is gonna air on ATV? Is that why he's like, full on bashing TVB, LOL...
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:56 am

The Making of Triumph in the Skies (Francis' part)

Note: Approx. 5-6 min mark.

You can't even tell Francis was unhappy during the filming of TITS though...
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:09 am

^thanks for the clip, it seems only Ron was a 'problem' for him...
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:16 am

But even Ron had an excuse as to why he NG'ed (and Francis knew it)... so I don't see why Francis would bring this up again after so many years. =.=

It's almost like he's trying to wreck TVB's image after finding out how Triumph is doing really well in terms of ratings again...

And plus, Francis had to act opposite a number of female artistes in TITS, not only Flora, Myo and Michelle.
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by toby Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:45 am

I haven't heard the radio interview but for Francis to be airing his grievences against TVB is very petty and I've lost my respect for him. He started out there and even though he's left and doesn't have a good relationship with TVB he shouldn't be airing his dirty laundry and dragging Myolie down with him. Yes, he has a lot of acting experience and is a dam good actor, then he should feel honoured to be able to teach the newbies back then. I remember reading that Myolie said that it was Francis who taught her how to act and what acting is all about, this comes like a slap in the face for her. I feel he thinks rather too highly of himself!!! as well as Sandra two peas in a pod! (Enough said! I'll shut up now).

toby
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:13 am

About Myolie, I disagree. Since, we all know that Myolie gained fans through her acting. She didn't get recognized until her great performance in "golden faith." Myolie is the only miss hk contestant I know that worked her way up. I know plenty of miss hk contestants that had leading roles before proving that they can act first.

However, in a way, after reading this article, TVB would change for the better. I don't know if that's hopeful thinking since I've been waiting & waiting for better changes in TVB & not much has changed other than tvb trying to bring back their veterans. Scripts in TVB has lowered in quality. No one is surprised in TVB's rushed endings anymore. TVB has shown obvious favoritism in certain roles and award ceremonies.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:27 am

Its nice to hear people slamming TVB so that TVB can improve how they work, but dragging the artistes along gives me an uncomfortable feeling oioi .

Actually talking about newbies, for me the newbies in TITS weren't bad at all. Myolie and Michelle are considered good for newbies, and the S4 are even more newbies than 2M maybe except Sammul but they weren't disappointing. Ron caught many eyes with his first big role and smaller roles like Bosco and Kenneth got bigger roles after TITS.

lollipop
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkAngel Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:11 am

I'm so dissapointed in Francis after reading this article. The series was film so long ago but he has to bring this up now? He know what he said will cause rumors and all....He just want to start a fire. I don't believe the person is Myolie and I really don't want to know who it is. I just hope this thing die down soon, poor Myolie gettin drag into this.

However one good thing that came out of this was Raymond standing up for Myolie! happy

The reporters asked Raymond Lam about it. He immediatley replies loudly "Crazy". He explained that he has known Myolie for many years and that she isn't the type of person who would say things like that to anyone.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Francis-Ng-states-TVB-actors-and-series-have-gone-downhill-talk560466.html
PinkAngel
PinkAngel
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:23 am

http://asianuniverse.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=89863
^
It was posted here too. People that posted suspected it was Michelle instead. I have to agree. At that time, wasn't Michelle more criticised for her role as Zita? I have read many reviews of TITS and many loved Myolie's portrayal as Zoe including the harsher critics.

Yes. Myolie did not go to acting class. But, unlike other miss hk contestants who immediately got leading roles, myolie had small supporting roles first.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterWonders Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:22 am

hmm, could be Myolie, could be Michelle, could be any actress from TITS... I totally agree with what Francis said about how it's not really about talent and the ability to act anymore, it's about the relationship with the boss/producers etc... despite agreeing to what he said, I don't think he should have stated a female from TITS told him that... he could have said someone or an actress believed that before, without making any specific references... there's nothing 'wrong' with him making specific references, but could have been better if he was more vague about it ;P you know... it's the media...
WaterWonders
WaterWonders
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:28 pm

I lost all my respect for Francis from this. He's a great actor, and Myolie even thanked him for teaching her how to act, if she said its all about relations, then why would she actually take tips from Francis? If she really said that, wouldn't she butter up some producers instead of listening to his tips? Francis really doesn't have to say that, that just drags all the TVB actresses in TITS down with him, and that's really not needed.
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:55 pm

omg, toby sis - you really summed up how I felt last night when I read the article...

Myolie really respected Francis as a veteran actor, and appreciated everything that he taught her. It's absolutely clear coz she mentioned it several times in her interviews. Nothing like how Francis said on the radio show about newbies disrespecting the elders, and talking back to him when he was giving tips.

In addition, I agree with swtaznlaydee - as a Miss HK, Myolie was one of the few who really worked her way up through minor supporting roles. If it was not for her Golden Faith role, I have a feeling she's probably still being given the 3rd-4th line supporting sister roles. Myolie earned her position as a fadan today.
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Frankly, I don’t care what Francis was trying to do here, bringing this matter up like this. Was he sore at TVB? Whatever the case maybe, I believe in just one thing here. Myolie is a very fine TVB actress and I have complete faith in her. She is an intelligent person and is very familiar with how this all work. I trust that she will make it to the top with her dedication, hard work, and her acting ability. In time, she will be up there and as she climb, I will be waiting and rooting for her all the way. I’ll be waiting. That's all I have to say.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next