Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[09 May 08] Myolie Wu Gearing Towards Music Industry

+22
deedeehu
linnette_zj
swtaznlaydee
MagicSwallow
liljojo
PinkAngel
sxjen
go_myo
joyce20176
Wenbie
hkangel
psycho 0805
fq-22
Jessica
bblui
siaoliao
lynnec22
Caja
goldengater
BBgirl
lollipop
my0t1
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[09 May 08] Myolie Wu Gearing Towards Music Industry - Page 2 Empty Re: [09 May 08] Myolie Wu Gearing Towards Music Industry

Post by MagicSwallow Sat May 10, 2008 8:56 am

I definitely agree with hkangel . . . practice makes perfect. A good example is Kevin in SCD. from stiff to now :) besides, Myolie puts to much pressure on herself to do well (which she admits can be a good and bad thing) hence she'll feel more nervous whenever on stage singing. But I am SO happy for Myo . . . but honestly I don't know about Ron/Bosco/Linda. IMO, Myolie is the better singer out of the four :P

MagicSwallow
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

[09 May 08] Myolie Wu Gearing Towards Music Industry - Page 2 Empty Re: [09 May 08] Myolie Wu Gearing Towards Music Industry

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat May 10, 2008 9:06 am

i agree. i don't think i'm being biased. but then, this is a myolie fan forum.

however, out of the four, myolie has the most potential. i remember, in an article, ron was already harshly criticized for his singing. i think it was in the spc net forum. bosco's voice is too harsh sounding. why is kate on the list? she doesn't even sing tvb theme songs yet. linda's voice seems weak when i heard her & raymond's duet live.

i hope myolie can sing more songs like "fortunately." i checked all the songs on musings. myolie's "fortunately" is the hardest to sing with the high notes/emotions.

edit--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV_T8zBfEOA
found kate singing with raymond. -_- her voice is too soft.

i don't think myolie's the only one with potential. there's bernice toos, which i'm surprised bernice is not on the list.
i hope this doesn't affect myolie's acting. i want myolie to focus on acting first. get that "best actress" award before moving on to singing & etc.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat May 10, 2008 11:42 am

I agree that Myolie needs singing lessons.. not because she isn't singing well.. for a non experience singer, she is going an extremely good job! but with lessons, she will be able to do even better and increase her opportunities in the entertainment industry. And she will be able to protect her vocals as well...ensuring that she doesn't hurt her vocals when she learns the right technique.haha... if Myolie and Raymond have another series together, i'm sure TVB will get both of them to sing. They are quite happy promoting Raymond and Linda, Bosco and Myolie, Moses and Bernice..all the rumored couples.. haha.. in fact it is quite ironic..because on one hand, they are forbidding them to be attached i heard.. and on the other hand, they are creating some opportunities... haha...but Kudos to them for it.. the couples get to work together! :P
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Sat May 10, 2008 12:58 pm

MagicSwallow wrote:I definitely agree with hkangel . . . practice makes perfect. A good example is Kevin in SCD. from stiff to now :) besides, Myolie puts to much pressure on herself to do well (which she admits can be a good and bad thing) hence she'll feel more nervous whenever on stage singing. But I am SO happy for Myo . . . but honestly I don't know about Ron/Bosco/Linda. IMO, Myolie is the better singer out of the four :P

Awww... MagicSwallow sis - just wanted to say how happy I am to see you post again! wave

*whispers* Have you been secretly catching up with SCD too?? bwahahaha

But I agree with you - Myolie puts too much pressure on herself in almost everything she does... she always tries to do her best no matter what - whether it's acting, hosting, singing or now dancing.

I'm sure she'll want to put in her best efforts when releasing her first single/album... just like how Raymond did.
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by deedeehu Sat May 10, 2008 3:11 pm

love her voice since 1+1.. can't wait for her first album!
deedeehu
deedeehu
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkAngel Sat May 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Didn't Bernice already signed with Gold Label? Just surprise she haven't release an album in so long...

Yes practice makes perfect. Hopefully they would find her a teacher that will teach her how to control her voice and go high. When she sings live, her high notes sound really force..
PinkAngel
PinkAngel
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Caja Sat May 10, 2008 9:03 pm

You changed the title XD

Couz it's quite weird to have only or Linda's name on the title ^^
Caja
Caja
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

http://www.cajablogger.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xue Sat May 10, 2008 11:11 pm

OMG HAHAHAHA! YES, FINALLY THE LONG AWAITED NEWS HAS ARRIVED!! ^_^

i love myolie's singing so im very happy that she's gonna have a new single album soon!! supporting all the way!
Xue
Xue

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm so happy for Myolie :D ! but it's kinda surprised that Kate is on the list, I've only heard her sing one time, I'm not meaning her singing isn't good but it's strange that she have never sing any theme-songs and become a ''singer''...
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Sat May 10, 2008 11:57 pm

The most surprise thing is Bernice is not in the list...
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sun May 11, 2008 12:21 am

Maybe Bernice is not under the same management?

I'm glad that I recently became a Myo fan. I get to experience and see many Myo's first time ^^
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sun May 11, 2008 7:36 am

so far, reading from replies from asianfanatics & etc. some people only have faith in myolie. everyone else is way too weak singing live. even bosco, he can only at least rap. i remember when he tried to sing myolie's "fortunately". haha.

i heard from people that bernice can sing well in studio, but is really weak live so that's why some people are disappointed & don't have alot of faith in bernice if she does try.

i don't listen to cantopop. i'm more into kpop/jpop because i'm more into hip hop/r&b. however, from what i heard, cantopop is lacking alot of talented singers that can actually sing live & not only in the studio.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Sun May 11, 2008 10:38 am

so that means many ppl like Myolie in singing :P I think Myolie have the most potentional of the young tvb actresses in singing...
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterWonders Sun May 11, 2008 11:55 am

Wenbie wrote:Wow! Expanding her career in the music industry! That sounds really good to meeee... I love music!

I never knew Neway was a music company. I thought it was only a karaoke box franchise =o. I guess they've expanded to releasing and producing music too. I assume they are fairly new with it.. Which is a good thing for Myolie. New singers (especially TVB artistes) are often neglected in big music companies. I'm glad Myolie didn't sign into companies like EEG or Universal (although both my idols are in there LOL), but they cause way too many negative news and rumours.

Raymond is actually in EEG... So the chances of a Rayolie duet is far from happening LOL

Well I hope Neway could also organise singing lessons for Myolie as well. Although she's got the potential and everything, she's still lacking a lot of experience and singing techniques.

Wenbie who's your other idol in Universal? Eason?

LOL.. yeah I was hoping for a duet between Joey and Raymond.. haha nah just joking... I wouldn't really want that XD..

and yeah definately.. I hope Neway could get a singing lessons for Myolie. She definitely needs to learn some more singing techniques.. i'm pretty sure Myolie will sing well if she had the experience and lessons ^__________^
WaterWonders
WaterWonders
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by twailam Sun May 11, 2008 2:05 pm

I am so happy that Myolie will be able to release her album.
twailam
twailam
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sun May 11, 2008 3:23 pm

WaterWonders wrote:Wenbie who's your other idol in Universal? Eason?

LOL.. yeah I was hoping for a duet between Joey and Raymond.. haha nah just joking... I wouldn't really want that XD..

and yeah definately.. I hope Neway could get a singing lessons for Myolie. She definitely needs to learn some more singing techniques.. i'm pretty sure Myolie will sing well if she had the experience and lessons ^__________^

Oops I was meant to say Gold Label and not Universal rofl! And yeah, Eason is in Cinepoly (belongs to Universal) - it's a good company actually.

I think Myolie has enough songs right now to compile an album already LOL
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Sun May 11, 2008 7:35 pm

if she'll release a album, then her old songs like 1 plus 1, the duet w/ Ron will be in the album too? or she'll sing new songs ?
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop Mon May 12, 2008 1:39 am

I heard people say Neway Star is under East Asia - which people said is a big company in HK. Is that true?

lollipop
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Mon May 12, 2008 2:04 am

I think East Asia Music is a subsidiary company of Amusic (which is Leon Lai's company). I dunno how and when that happened (Amusic is a lot newer than East Asia). But anyway, East Asia's got quite a few good/famous singers such as Andy Lau, Sammi Cheng, Hocc... And Amusic itself has got good singers too like Leon himself, Janice Wei, and Miriam Yeung.

Overall, Amusic is a good company.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Mon May 12, 2008 3:09 am

According to themissingpiece @ AF:

East Asia 東亞唱片/ A Music / 映藝音樂 / 寶號娛樂 / Neway Star
^ are all companies under one major company called East Asia Group.

East Asia 東亞唱片 has singers like Andy Lau, Sammi Cheng, Denise Ho, Andy Hui, Ivana Wong, etc.

A Music has Leon Lai, Miriam Yeung, Janice and Jill, etc.
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Mon May 12, 2008 3:15 am

Ah, I was close! LOL
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Mon May 12, 2008 4:04 am

Glad that Myolie finally got a record deal! She definately is the best female singer @ TVB. Guess her duet with Vincent was a sign. Wonder if her success will match Raymond's? But supposedly Neway Star is under East Asia, so not really sure how Myolie will benefit.
credit: themissingpiece @ asianfanatics

I'm only ok with Myolie of this new bunch signing. I actually she's a really good singer. From the "All About Women" CD, I think mostly everyone was floored by her singing of 幸而. That's a pretty hard song to sing and she handled it really well. Myolie's consistent live as well, imo she's a better singer than Stephy is. It's just that I'm not sure how successful her crossover will be. If Myolie's releasing an album this year, um we can reserve an award for her from JSG now.

lmao. reading these posts make me so happy! judging from the person's posts, he/she likes myolie, but not enought to be super biased & go "omg, she's the best in everything." I love myolie, but if she sucks at singing. I would find ways to tell her not to expand to singing. surprisingly, she sounds good xD

i do agree with "fortunately' being a hard song to sing. i wasn't impressed of myolie's singing until i heard the climax of the song. so many high notes.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkAngel Mon May 26, 2008 3:16 am

Is there any news on her recording a song or songs for a cd yet? I heard Linda is already busy recording her cd that is planning to release during the summer...
PinkAngel
PinkAngel
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop Tue May 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Yep is there any latest news about her song releases? I heard Linda will release a full album 11 songs+4 MVs this summer.

lollipop
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by bblui Wed May 28, 2008 10:04 am

lollipop wrote:Yep is there any latest news about her song releases? I heard Linda will release a full album 11 songs+4 MVs this summer.

Wow.. Linida's very lucky! blushy I think she will release her new CD so soon because HOG2 will be released during the summer as well. So, I guess TVB wants to push both the ranking of HOG2 and popularity of Linda to the highest.

I wish Myo can have her own CD asap, too. But she is so busy now...dancing, filming, functioning etc..
bblui
bblui
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next