Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[22 August 2008] Myolie said that she is not a beautiful woman

+11
goldengater
Caja
soffiagiang
PinkAngel
swtaznlaydee
awesomeitsjackie
Wenbie
joyce20176
psycho 0805
go_myo
linnette_zj
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[22 August 2008] Myolie said that she is not a beautiful woman Empty [22 August 2008] Myolie said that she is not a beautiful woman

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:05 pm

Credits: myoliewu.org, http://ent.sinchew-i.com/node/8385

[08/08/22 新聞] 前言不對後語‧胡杏兒自嘲非美女 (光明日報)

[22 August 2008] Myolie said that she is not a beautiful woman 20080825

Myolie entered the industry as one of the winners from Miss Hongkong but she expressed that she is not a beautiful woman. This statement caused the reporters to break into a discussion. When reporters asked why she said that, she replied with an awkward shy smile: "A person must be humble. Although i have entered the industry from joining Miss Hong Kong, but i wasn't the champion. I am not the prettiest."

Myolie Wu was the second runner of Miss Hong Kong 1999. The winner was Sonijia Kwok. When Myolie said that she is not pretty, it seems to be rather contradicting. She expressed awkwardly that a person should be humble, "i'm not the prettiest, but i'm not considered ugly too. Although i entered the industry from joining Miss Hong Kong, but i am not the champion. Winning the third position, i know that i'm not the super pretty woman kind."

As the spokesperson of Adonis, Myolie is invited to Malaysia to attend the finals of Miss Adonis contest. At the press conference, Adonis representative, Ann Lee emphasized that the competition is not for choosing the prettiest but choosing the one who has changed to become pretty. Is she saying that Myolie isn't a pretty lady?

Upon hearing, Myolie laughed and said: "Whether i am a pretty lady or not, doesn't matter, only need to allow myself to become prettier will do."

Myolie is very satisfied with the pay (pay by Adonis for attending this function i think) and when asked how many figures is her pay this time, she expressed that the most important thing is happy working together. And her manager will be the one helping her to obtain a reasonable pay. Everyone doesn't need to worry.

Myolie has a short hair style. She is currently rushing for BF 3 filming and the filming will be done in one month time Asked for her opinions on her co-stars Wong Hei and Kevin Cheng, she expressed that she likes both. In addition, Myolie is currently preparing and recording for her solo cantonese album. She hopes to have a chance to sing chinese song because this is one of her wish.

Recently, the last episode of 'When a dog loves a cat' was shown late at night due to the Olympics. In the scene where Myolie realised that Gallen hasn't died, she found him behind a pillar in the hospital, and she was seen "floating" into the scene. This caused many audience to be unhappy. When asked about this, Myolie expressed that she doesn't know about this news,she needs to read the news first before she can respond.

The organiser of the function announced that the press conference will commenced at 2.30pm. Reporters arrived at the location and were informed that the press conference will start at 3.45pm. Myolie arrived at 3.30pm and was immediately invited to mix around with the organisers, talking about facial care. Hence, reporters waited at the location and was given a free lesson on facial care before the interview started.

港姐出身的胡杏兒強調不是美女,前言不對後語,最後她尷尬表示做人要謙虛一點,替自己解圍。(圖:光明日報)

Original Text:

(吉隆坡)港姐出身的胡杏兒自嘲不是美女,這番話引起媒體議論紛紛,當記者提問為何會這麼說時,她一臉尷尬笑說:“做人應該嫌虛一點。我是港姐出身,但沒有得到冠軍,我不是超級美女。”

"胡杏兒是1999年香港小姐季軍,獲得冠軍的是郭羨妮。胡杏兒說自己不漂亮似乎有點自相矛盾,她尷尬地表示做人應該嫌虛一點,“我不是大美女,也不算很醜。雖然我是港姐出身,但我不是冠軍,拿到的是季軍,我只知道我不是屬於那種超級美女。”

以愛美雅(ADONIS)代言人身份來馬的胡杏兒,主要是出席愛美雅變美比賽總決賽。在記者會上,愛美雅首席執行人員Ann Lee強調這場活動不是選美,而是選出改造美女,言下之意亦指胡杏兒不是美女?

胡杏兒聽了笑說:“我本身是不是美女不重要,只要讓自己變得更漂亮即可。”

胡杏兒十分滿意這一次的酬勞,至於酬勞的數位字 ,她四兩撥千金表示最重要是合作開心,而經紀公司會幫她爭取合理的酬勞,大家毋需擔心。

新劇現靈異畫面

剪了一頭爽朗短髮的胡杏兒,正趕拍電視劇《烈火雄心3》,還有一個月便可殺青。問她對劇中男主角鄭嘉穎和王喜的印象,她表示兩個都喜歡。此外,胡杏兒目前正為廣東專輯錄音,她希望有機會唱華語歌,因為這是她的心願之一。

早前在香港播出《當狗愛上貓》大結局適值盂蘭節期間及深夜時分,劇情講述胡杏兒發現羅嘉良未死,在醫院柱後發現他時,胡杏兒緩緩“飄”入鏡的一幕,令觀眾不寒而慄。胡杏兒受詢時表示不知道有這新聞,她要看了新聞之後才能回應。

拉闊現場 先上課再訪問

主辦當局在邀請函上說明記者會是在2時30分開始,記者抵達現場才接到消息指記者會會在3時45分開始,胡杏兒3時30分抵達馬上與顧客交流分享美容保養心得。記者只好在記者會現場呆待,先上一堂美容課之後再進行訪問。
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[22 August 2008] Myolie said that she is not a beautiful woman Empty Re: [22 August 2008] Myolie said that she is not a beautiful woman

Post by go_myo Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:14 pm

Thanks linn for translation!

Yay! It's going to be a Cantonese album! bwahahaha I can not wait!
So Myolie has only produced 1 series this year? I think the coming months she will record her songs and not filming.
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

[22 August 2008] Myolie said that she is not a beautiful woman Empty Re: [22 August 2008] Myolie said that she is not a beautiful woman

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:23 pm

clapping i know! i can't wait for the album!! :D hhaha

Yeah..only one series this year, after that she is going to concentrate on her album..
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:33 am

LOL she's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry humble - myo's so pretty blushy

anyway can't wait for her album too...woot~

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce20176 Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:59 am

Thanks for the news, Myolie is so humble, I think she is pretty!!!!
Cant wait for her album to be release!!! So excited.
joyce20176
joyce20176
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 am

Lol can't really argue about who's pretty and beautiful. There's no scale to measure it.. Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder and I personally think Myolie is pretty rofl although not the prettiest, but you just can't hate her when you see her haha. Dunno why she has so many haters though, but those people are mainly in denial due to other factors.

Thanks for the news! Lol I only found about the "ghost floating" thing recently. Can't believe these netizens can bring up such a thing haha it is so "mo liu". Even if it didn't look right, Myolie shouldn't be the blame for it... It should be the director lol.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:21 am

^Yea, netizens blame everything they don't like on Myolie, how unfair is that?

I think Myolie is pretty! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though. Myolie is really humble, she should bemore confident in herself. She should keep in mind that Miss HK isn't all about beauty, right? Doesn't it have to do with brains and charisma? I don't really watch them, but ususally beauty pagaents include brains and other aspects. So, she may be prettier than the two above her, but they are smarter, or have a better body,etc. I mean, i tohught hse was prettier than the first runner up for 1999.
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:35 am

Myolie is not ugly I think she looks cute haha :) sometimes even very pretty.
She is at least looking better than we common people haha, so those bashing please look at yourself first, are you prettier or you better? noway!
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:57 am

Myolie was being humble. She can't be conceited and say she is very pretty. She explained she doesn't consider herself ugly either.

Even the prettiest woman out there has to be humble.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkAngel Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:34 am

Myolie is so humble. She may not be the prettiest artist out there but she is very pretty and cute to me.

Oh my god she really is going to release an album! Have so many false news about it, I don't know if its really happening or not. However it does leave her with only 1 series left in stock. I don't know, I still have doubts as to will she release a cd or not anytime soon. Don't want to be too dissapointed like I had been when I heard that she might sign with Gold Label but didn't.
PinkAngel
PinkAngel
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:41 am

Woohoo ! so is she going to start to working on the album when she finish filming BF 3 ?

I think Myolie is pretty, though not the prettiest. It's kinda annoy me when Tavia's fans say ''Myolie didn't go to the ''acting school'' she was only in MS. HK that's why she can bacome an actress, but Tavia went to the acting school and became actress not because of her beauty'' I think Myolie became a fa dan because of her talents, hardworking and improvements, she was only a second runner up while Sonija took the first place and isn't acting that much !! do u know what I mean ? like the title of miss HK only help you to get into the industry, then your acting gotta be good to be more promoted.... expect few artists !
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:27 am

soffiagiang wrote:
I think Myolie is pretty, though not the prettiest. It's kinda annoy me when Tavia's fans say ''Myolie didn't go to the ''acting school'' she was only in MS. HK that's why she can bacome an actress, but Tavia went to the acting school and became actress not because of her beauty'' I think Myolie became a fa dan because of her talents, hardworking and improvements, she was only a second runner up while Sonija took the first place and isn't acting that much !! do u know what I mean ? like the title of miss HK only help you to get into the industry, then your acting gotta be good to be more promoted.... expect few artists !

No need to rant. It's best to ignore them. It's not all of them. I know some who actually like Myolie.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:46 am

yup, some Tavia fans like Myolie too..
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 am

Lol it's okay cause there are some Myolie fans who dislike Tavia too, so it is equal *rolleyes* haha jk.

I didn't know Myolie had so many haters until I became her fan cause I thought most people liked her... All the people I know likes her o.o
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caja Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:11 pm

Yeah Wenbie,I also didn't know that there were also Myaolie haters....

Mostly of them hated her acting. But bleh,just ignored them loveyeah
Caja
Caja
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

http://www.cajablogger.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:53 pm

About whether she is beautiful or not? I think she is selling herself too short on that subject and I will disagree about that. She is certainly not ugly. But, this is a sensitve subject in a way and I'm not going to add more to it. I will probably talk about it, but directly to her only.

I truly want to listen to her sing. It was just the other day that I was thinking if she could sing some of the oldies but goodies songs and guess what? She did, but it was when she first joined TVB and I listened and watched as she sung one of the late-singing star Teresa Teng's songs, courtesy of Joyce's megavideo. She was very young then, but she has guts. Anybody could see she needed training if she wants to continue singing, but as I watched and listened, I quite enjoyed it. I have to give her credit for that. She sang one of my favorite songs and if and when I should see her, I will personally congratulate her for doing that.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:08 pm

to: PinkAngel and Soffia

haha..YES!!! Myolie is going to release an album end of this year to the beginning of next year... not sure when is the official date but one more month to finish BF 3 filming..and she will start recording her new albums.. she already has some info on her cd..which is.. cantonese songs.. but she's hoping for a mandarin song.. :D So no false news about this.. its real! clapping

And yeah.. we can't really measure who is prettier... it is in the eyes of the beholder.. Myolie might think she is nt that pretty..but she isn't ugly too.. she's slightly above average she thinks.. but to us, she's pretty!haha.. and to some, she's ugly..so there's isn't a common stand.. but.. like she said. beauty comes from within.. And i'm sure her character outshines her looks :D
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:18 pm

I hope she can sing one mandarin song. I like her voice in mandarin. ;]

Alot of people have complimented how fluent she is in mandarin toos.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Yah Caja & Wenbie, been a silent admirer of myolie since 2006 but didn't come across anti netizen. Dun know why the sudden surge in 2008?
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:36 pm

yes!she is very fluent in mandarin... i wonder how she manage to learn so many languages while studying in ireland
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:37 pm

CheersMyolie wrote:Yah Caja & Wenbie, been a silent admirer of myolie since 2006 but didn't come across anti netizen. Dun know why the sudden surge in 2008?

haha..maybe because she has become more popular and people are just being jealous at times... and more open in giving opinions.
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by carmen Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:40 am

Hehe well Myolie might not be the MOST beautiful woman, but she is definitely a beautiful woman, to me!
carmen
carmen
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:54 am

Hahahaha yessss !! Myolie said that she wants to release a mandarin album, so you guys can support her!
She said that in a new message at the fans' gathering in M'sia ..

ALL will be posted soon, utterly sorry for the late delay, esp those from HK!
Really didn't have the time to watermark and upload pics, busy
sad
Jessica
Jessica
Admin
Admin

http://myoliewu.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 am

carmen wrote:Hehe well Myolie might not be the MOST beautiful woman, but she is definitely a beautiful woman, to me!

Please pardon me and I ask forgiveness, but I must beg to differ. smile
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:10 pm

haha..no problem Jessica..take your time :D
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next