Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[14 October 2008] Myolie is not afraid of being criticised by netizens

+14
sasa
swtaznlaydee
hajience
joyce20176
awesomeitsjackie
psycho 0805
AddyLeong
Caja
kikibear
BBgirl
hkangel
CheersMyolie
go_myo
linnette_zj
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[14 October 2008] Myolie is not afraid of being criticised by netizens - Page 2 Empty Re: [14 October 2008] Myolie is not afraid of being criticised by netizens

Post by linnette_zj Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 am

sasa wrote:I hope the series is funny and hilarious. There isn't many people in this short series. So Myolies wears wigs in both of her series that will air next year. *sigh*. Want more modern drama from Myolie though.

yes! me too! haha..i hope she has a drama where she can have her short hair and her character will be very strong and independent kind..like Ling Ling in SL.. hope that that will be her breakthrough role!
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[14 October 2008] Myolie is not afraid of being criticised by netizens - Page 2 Empty Re: [14 October 2008] Myolie is not afraid of being criticised by netizens

Post by goldengater Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am

I am so "piss" at these stupid reporters for putting her through all these vicious interviews about her acting. I have no idea why they are doing this to her. It is a vicious cycle with every stories she has come out with and I finally feel this is the reason TVB may not be promoting her at all. My opinion is there is nothing wrong with her acting. I wonder if TVB is aware of this at all.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by bblui Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am

hm.. her hair looks weird.. but still excited to see her fight~ kinda cool
bblui
bblui
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:34 pm

Producer Lau Ka Ho ( MR's producer and looking at the series that he has produced) + quite a fairly strong cast ( Ha Yu, Moses, Fala, Wayne, Chris Lai - mini-MR) kind of give me a feeling that this series would be good. Or else we wouldn't be seeing some envious souls out there. ,,,,,
AddyLeong
AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 pm

AddyLeong wrote:Producer Lau Ka Ho ( MR's producer and looking at the series that he has produced) + quite a fairly strong cast ( Ha Yu, Moses, Fala, Wayne, Chris Lai - mini-MR) kind of give me a feeling that this series would be good. Or else we wouldn't be seeing some envious souls out there. ,,,,,

I think Lau Ka Ho's comedies tend to go on the 'exaggeration' path to bring out the comedic effect nervous
Moses' acting was kinda exaggerated back in TGC1, so Lau Ka Ho's comedic style may be a little worrying, cos he might just encourage Myo to exaggerate as much as possible and go too overboard with it =.=

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 pm

psycho 0805 wrote:
AddyLeong wrote:Producer Lau Ka Ho ( MR's producer and looking at the series that he has produced) + quite a fairly strong cast ( Ha Yu, Moses, Fala, Wayne, Chris Lai - mini-MR) kind of give me a feeling that this series would be good. Or else we wouldn't be seeing some envious souls out there. ,,,,,

I think Lau Ka Ho's comedies tend to go on the 'exaggeration' path to bring out the comedic effect nervous
Moses' acting was kinda exaggerated back in TGC1, so Lau Ka Ho's comedic style may be a little worrying, cos he might just encourage Myo to exaggerate as much as possible and go too overboard with it =.=

no no...no more exaggerating! haha... i hope she doesn't get bashed for exaggerating. haha..but again, like Myolie said...it's too early to worry about being criticised. haha..i hope the drama will turn out excellent! MR producer is quite good.. MR is well produced clapping i hope it will be the same for this new drama!
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:09 am

psycho 0805 wrote:

FAINT...
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:50 am

you know, even if it is exaggerated a little, it is ok. look at stephen chow, his comedy is a over exaggerated most of the time, but he is very successful. And at the same time, not everyone likes his comedy. it is all a matter of preference.

but i do love Myolie's acting and especially in a comedy. she makes me laugh...and that's the key in a comedy series right?

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 am

In comedies, some exaggeration is fine. But the main point is knowing when to stop or knowing the bottom-line. Lau Ka Ho's comedies in general tend to go a little overboard and nonsensical sometimes. Of course, Myo has learnt to actually tone down a little in WOIL2, as compared to WOIL, so there's an improvement on her side. Just that I'm more cautious/wary towards LKH's comedy productions.

You can't compare Stephen Chow's comedies with TVB's/LKH's comedies. The former is in a class of his own =P Some of the scripts by him are actually quite witty. But yes, both Myo and Stephen Chow uses the same style of comedic portrayal - physical comedy (and thus there's the danger of over-exaggeration if one doesn't know how to control properly).

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:55 am

psycho 0805 wrote:
You can't compare Stephen Chow's comedies with TVB's/LKH's comedies. The former is in a class of his own =P Some of the scripts by him are actually quite witty. But yes, both Myo and Stephen Chow uses the same style of comedic portrayal - physical comedy (and thus there's the danger of over-exaggeration if one doesn't know how to control properly).

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not comparing Stephen Chow and LKH. I like Stephen Chow alot more... I was talking about acting in a comedy series. I sure hope things will be under control too. I wish Myo great success next year! But, I think we should give Myo more credit in both WOIL I and II. She won the hearts of many fans after WOIL I.

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlydaisy Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:18 am

The costume doesn't look that good and the hair isn't that great either. I hope they will improve the main actress costume and hairstyle! I mean fala is supporting actress but her costume looks so much better. I can't wait for this series to come out, I think Myolie will rock it like she did with WOIL I. Oh yeah, where in the article does it say that Myolie is being driven off?? It just says netizens, as usual being major pain in the ass, complain and Myolie ignored them. Nothing about being driven off though, this is a misleading title.
luvlydaisy
luvlydaisy
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

https://2img.net/h/oi34.tinypic.com/5a58g7.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 pm

luvlydaisy wrote:The costume doesn't look that good and the hair isn't that great either. I hope they will improve the main actress costume and hairstyle! I mean fala is supporting actress but her costume looks so much better. I can't wait for this series to come out, I think Myolie will rock it like she did with WOIL I. Oh yeah, where in the article does it say that Myolie is being driven off?? It just says netizens, as usual being major pain in the ass, complain and Myolie ignored them. Nothing about being driven off though, this is a misleading title.

opps.. sorry.. my cantonese chinese isn't very good..so sometimes, there are mistakes when i translate.. erm.. i actually did a direct translation from : [08/10/14 新聞] 胡杏兒唔驚再喊被狠轟 (東方網即時新聞)
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlydaisy Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:03 am

linnette_zj wrote:
luvlydaisy wrote:The costume doesn't look that good and the hair isn't that great either. I hope they will improve the main actress costume and hairstyle! I mean fala is supporting actress but her costume looks so much better. I can't wait for this series to come out, I think Myolie will rock it like she did with WOIL I. Oh yeah, where in the article does it say that Myolie is being driven off?? It just says netizens, as usual being major pain in the ass, complain and Myolie ignored them. Nothing about being driven off though, this is a misleading title.

opps.. sorry.. my cantonese chinese isn't very good..so sometimes, there are mistakes when i translate.. erm.. i actually did a direct translation from : [08/10/14 新聞] 胡杏兒唔驚再喊被狠轟 (東方網即時新聞)

It's not a problem, I appreciate your effort to update us with Myolie Wu. I thought it was the reporter's fault, trying to ruin her relation with TVB or something.
luvlydaisy
luvlydaisy
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

https://2img.net/h/oi34.tinypic.com/5a58g7.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:30 am

yes, linn, we appreciate your time and effort. :)

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2