Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[21 August 2008] Myolie wants to open Fishball Store

+7
awesomeitsjackie
carmen
Wenbie
WaterWonders
swtaznlaydee
dark_sky79
linnette_zj
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[21 August 2008] Myolie wants to open Fishball Store - Page 2 Empty Re: [21 August 2008] Myolie wants to open Fishball Store

Post by Wenbie Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Shek sau = Mau Chun's father.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

[21 August 2008] Myolie wants to open Fishball Store - Page 2 Empty Re: [21 August 2008] Myolie wants to open Fishball Store

Post by dark_sky79 Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Sam Chan, not Sam Can, edit please :D
dark_sky79
dark_sky79
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Fishball store, haha it's random :) I like fishballs too, my first time eating it was about month ago yum ! Good luck to Myolie, hope she'll open a fishball store in future !
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:13 pm

Wenbie wrote:Shek sau = Mau Chun's father.

Thanks Wenbie!

Opps..my apologies.. haha..yeah..you are right jackie! :D

dark_sky79 wrote:Sam Chan, not Sam Can, edit please :D

haha..thanks..just editted it.. :P
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hajience Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:35 am

linnette_zj wrote:haha..nooo.. my english is very poor... as compared to you guys.. you all are in an english culture country..haha..singapore is mixed with all sorts of languages.. haha

I'm going to go rather off topic here but yup.. I really want to say this.

Singaporeans are incapable of speaking proper english not really because of the mixed languages. I think it's because the mindset is wrong. I've talked to quite a few others and they seem to be proud of singlish and that's the reason why they aren't trying to speak proper english. They think that singlish is something that's unique to Singaporeans because it originated from Singapore and therefore, we should be proud of it. I wouldn't mind if it's a whole new language altogether but apparently, it's not. It's their excuse for not speaking proper english language.
hajience
hajience
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/hajience

Back to top Go down

Post by fionachong93 Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Well, I beg to differ from the above post. You are just sterotyping the Singaporeans. I for one is a Singapore and speak proper English. It is only the matter of where and when. When I talk to close friends, I tend to use more informal English by adding all the "lor" and "lah". This is just any way setting the sentence into the right "mood". But when I talk normally to people, I will use proper English because I have been taught like that. (All hail my English teacher). And so what if we don't speak proper English? Is that a crime? Is speaking English the Singaporean way wrong? Who knows, that may be the national identity we are trying to form. When you hear people overseas speaking Singlish, you will go, "Hey, this person is a Singaporean."

And to hajience, I am not trying to create a debate or saying that you are in the wrong. I just find it maddening that you sterotype Singaporeans.

And yea to end this off, I would like to say that Myo is really pwetty~~ <-twit (for those who loves proper English, it is beautiful) in that picture. She can send 'electric shocks' to people by just looking at them. Aw, she shocked me again.
smile
fionachong93
fionachong93
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:10 pm

^ haha..hello fiona! :D my fellow Singaporean friend..haha.. we can attend functions together next time! :D

erm.. and yeah.. to hajience, its not that i'm trying to create an excuse for not speaking proper english, or am proud of speaking Singlish. Honestly, i am not fond of speaking Singlish and am trying to correct myself so that i am able to speak proper English. So.. not all Singaporeans are like that. :)
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:09 am

I'm not a Singaporean, but the Singaporeans that I know in real life aren't like that either. They speak proper English around non-Singaporean people. But when they are around other Singaporean people, they do tend to add in a few Singlish, but I don't see anything wrong with that either... It's the same as me talking English mixed with Cantonese if I know that person can speak Cantonese (and some people call that Chinglish). Singaporeans don't have much of a choice on how they speak English cause they are naturally brought up and exposed to Singlish passed on from many years ago, it is hard to change it just like that.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fionachong93 Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Yo! linnette_zj! I would LOVE to attend functions with you but I cannot. My super strict parents would not allow me to. cry Well maybe one day if Myo comes to Sing and has a function, I shall persuade my parents to go to that location on the pretext of shoping. Hmmm... thats seems workable. Haha, I doubt that I would ever do that though. Sad cry
fionachong93
fionachong93
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:16 pm

fionachong93 wrote:Yo! linnette_zj! I would LOVE to attend functions with you but I cannot. My super strict parents would not allow me to. cry Well maybe one day if Myo comes to Sing and has a function, I shall persuade my parents to go to that location on the pretext of shoping. Hmmm... thats seems workable. Haha, I doubt that I would ever do that though. Sad cry

oh..i understand..haha.. my mom is very strict on me too.. she never allows me to attend such functions because she thinks its a waste of time.. but haha..because i'm 21 now, so she is giving me more freedom.. i waited till 21! haha.. so hopefully Myolie will come to Singapore again..then i'll be able to attend her function..its okay..continue to persevere! :D Don't be sad.. Cheers! If Myolie comes again, we'll cme up with a plan together to get u along..haha ;)
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hajience Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 am

I'm not trying to stereotype Singaporeans but it's a fact that most of them are that way. Forgive me for missing out the word "most".

I'm a Singaporean myself. I'm trying to state how I feel about most Singaporeans. It's not a crime to speak Singlish or whatsoever. But it's a problem when people don't know when to speak formally or informally. Do you know that in some private servers, there are non-Singaporeans who are making fun of Singaporeans by speaking Singlish on purpose? I was really angry about it. They capitalise all the "LAHs", "LORs" and "LEHs". And there were debates going on MANY forums for private servers regarding Singapore's English? Do you know that they said that their standard of English in the game dropped because of Singaporeans? It's not that I don't use Singlish but what I can say is that Singlish is something that many people have criticised our country for and we should attempt to change it.

The government is doing their part. They come up with all the "Speak good English" campaigns but are they really working? How many people take them seriously? How many youngsters just treat them as any other week? Did they really put in an extra effort to speak well or attempt to change and speak well for good?

Why is it necessary to use Singlish to get people into the mood when there are people from around the world who have absolutely no problem of using formal English to get into the mood?

I really find it amazing that most parents of those I've read about are strict. My parents are strict too. I can't attend any functions or events. I want to have a feel of how it's like to see an actress that you're fond of right in front of you. AND I'm dreaming of flying to Hong Kong every other day. I want to go to the sites that were shown in the drama serials for real. It should be pretty fun.
hajience
hajience
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/hajience

Back to top Go down

Post by boscolie_x3 Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:14 am

fish ball store?! O_O If she does a fishball store. I must try them :O
boscolie_x3
boscolie_x3
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2