Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[7 September 2008] Exclusive Interview Of Myolie - "Tough on the outside; But innermost feelings filled with fear"

+10
sasa
PinkAngel
joyce20176
goldengater
soffiagiang
go_myo
linnette_zj
awesomeitsjackie
hkangel
psycho 0805
14 posters

Go down

[7 September 2008] Exclusive Interview Of Myolie - "Tough on the outside; But innermost feelings filled with fear" Empty [7 September 2008] Exclusive Interview Of Myolie - "Tough on the outside; But innermost feelings filled with fear"

Post by psycho 0805 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:32 am

[08/09/07 访问] 胡杏儿:我是鳄鱼头老衬底,外表很劲其实内心很惊惶
Myolie Wu: "I'm an alligator head but having an old substrate. My looks may be tough, but actually my innermost feelings are filled with fear"

[7 September 2008] Exclusive Interview Of Myolie - "Tough on the outside; But innermost feelings filled with fear" 20080907nddailydc6

[Translated in the POV of the interviewer]

Interview of Myolie Wu: HK's TVB actress. When she was in her first year of university, she accompanied a friend to take part in Miss HK, but in the end, she became the second runner-up and won the 'Most Energetic' award. Now, she's one of TVB's top fadan. In 2002, because of her successful portrayal of the mentally-challenged 'Ding Sin Yan' role in Golden Faith, she won the TVB's anniversary award "Most Improved Actress". In 2005, TVB aired 5 of her dramas in a row, and she jumped up to join the A-listed fadans.

After getting the second runner-up in Miss HK, Myolie Wu joined TVB, and became one of the actresses. Her drama, When Dogs Love Cats, had just completed airing. Last week at HK's Four Seasons hotel, there was a fashion show on winter apparel by a European designer which lasted for a week. There were 4 shows in a day, and for the first show, I was seated beside Myolie Wu, so I asked her to do an interview for "Southern City Times" (not sure if I got the English name correct). Coincidentally, her TVB manager and assistant were around too, so everything was settled for the interview. She was very cooperative. Because something cropped up and I had to postpone it a day later, on the following night, I saw her sitting at the cafe of Four Seasons Hotel waiting for me. She waited till 9pm in the night. (She) Is a very good-tempered lady.

渐渐长大了,我认为我有权见自己的生母,再见那一回我有点麻木感,她倒像有点儿感动似的,我自己也渐有揪心的感觉。
As I gradually grew up, I feel that I've the right to meet my birth mother. But when I saw her again, I felt a little numb, but she seemed more touched. Slowly, I started to have the heart-wrenching feeling too.

"The name, Hang Yee, was given by my father. My two elder sisters are called Ho Yee and Mei Yee." She kept talking on about her father, and never mentioned about her mother. So I asked her, "How about your mother?" Myolie replied, "My parents divorced when I was eight. My father was older than her by 10 over years. When she gave birth to us, she was only 26, and is a big child herself too. When I was young, I wasn't allowed to talk about my mother. Anyone who did would have committed a huge crime."
"Did you meet up with your mother again?" I asked. "As I gradually grew up, I feel that I've the right to meet my birth mother. But when I saw her again, I felt a little numb, but she seemed more touched. Slowly, I started to have the heart-wrenching feeling too. Now, I communicate with my mother better. Sometimes she'll cook some food for me. But I'm still unable to address her as 'Mummy' yet. I only called her 'Ah Ling Jeh'. Her name's Wong Kit Ling. Actually I've been hoping to have the feeling of my mother holding my hand while we shop together. (I hope) To have the heartwarming feeling of having a mother." Her step-mother doesn't share a close relationship with her. Myolie still feels that she doesn't have a mother. Myolie's birth mother doesn't have any children for her second marriage, and her step-father already has children from the previous marriage. "When Dai-Jeh (Eldest Sister) held her wedding banquet, as my father didn't want to see my mother, so she held two separate banquets."

在北爱尔兰读书时,我的零用钱很少,每个月大约三百元港币。我常常为了省几块钱几角钱而从学校步行半小时到市中心,不坐公车。
When studying in Ireland, I had very little allowance, only around 300HKD per month. I often had to travel by foot from my school to the city area, and not by public bus, just to save a few dollars.

Remember that Myolie once studied for a number of years overseas, but she always said that her family was poor. I asked her: "Where did you go?" She replied, "Methodist College Belfast. Studied from Secondary 2 to 'O' (Ordinary) Levels, I got 5 As, and also went to take the 'A' (Advanced) Levels (the exams to qualify for university). When studying in primary school in HK, I still can pass without studying much, rely on talent. Didn't expect that when I went up to Secondary 1, I was placed last (the student with the worst results). So I went to North Ireland to continue my education." I asked out of curiosity, "You said that your family was poor, so how did you have the money to go overseas?" "My father is a civil servant, he's a policeman." During the colonial period, the education for the children of the civil servants were being subsidized by the government to England or places belonging to the English, right up until 18 years of age. "I went overseas to study, hoping to have a brand new start."
"Why not go to England, but North Ireland?" This choice was even more bizarre. "Because my father had some colleagues whose children are over there, so I managed to pick up the North Irish accent, but now I've changed it already. My father had little education, but I admired him a lot. He held onto an English dictionary and studied hard, and finally he was able to use fluent English to communicate with his superior." During the colonial period, there were many English among the police force. "But we were very poor. When studying in Ireland, I had very little allowance, only around 300HKD per month." That means 10HKD a day. "I often had to travel by foot from my school to the city area, and not by public bus, just to save a few dollars. The winter season over there is very cold, and I only brought over a very thin jacket. It's not warm enough, but I had no money to buy a woolen coat. During my summer holidays, I had to return to HK to earn money. That summer holiday when I was 13, I was working in a tea cafe as a waitress. Very embarrassing. When I met with my ex-classmates, I had to cook and serve in front of them. After working for a week and earned 1000 bucks, I quitted, because I couldn't stand the gas smell. Fell ill and had a fever." People returned to HK for a holiday, but she came back to work. After working, she had to return to study again. "You're very tough" (Said by the interviewer) Looking at the slim Myolie Wu, it's unexpected to know that this beautiful lady was able to withstand hardship when she was young.
Coming from Ireland back to HK, she had to pass by London first. "Sitting a taxi to airport needs around 20 over pounds (around 280HKD). I wanted to save money, so I took a public bus as I only need to pay 5 pounds (around 70HKD). I had 5 luggage cases altogether. I first took a taxi from my school to the bus-stand heading for the airport. I had to carry one luggage case at a time to the bus-stand, and then returned for the second case. To and fro, I made 5 trips, yet no one helped me and also no one looked over the rest of the cases for me. When I was at the airport, I was thinking my luggage cases were definitely over the limit. But they didn't collect excess baggage money from me. When I was back in HK, I weighed the cases, and discovered they were around 100kg!"

回想念书时真惨,见到美丽的东西没钱买,父亲又快要退休了,不想父亲的负担太大,那便选香港小姐去。
Thinking back on my miserable schooling days, when I saw pretty stuff, I had no money to buy. My father was retiring soon, and I didn't want to increase his burden, so I chose to take part in Miss HK.

She always feel that she comes from a poor family, and doesn't have a mother, thus lacking the sense of security: "Perhaps it's because of the shadow of my parent's divorce. There are many things that I need to decide for myself. Now I can earn my own keep, and help to support the family. So I'm happy. I'm willing to take hardship."
"Why take part in Miss HK?" I asked her. "I want to be part of those major events. Joining TVB to be an artiste, my father did object initially, but now he's used to it. He even keeps track of my news." Myolie now lives with her unmarried second elder sister:"If I've problems, I'll talk to my elder sisters. All of us live together, so we've a tacit understanding already."
Originally, Myolie wanted to be a doctor, "But I'm not smart enough, and can't get into the medical school, so I went to University of Science and Technology to study biochemistry. When the paegeant was held, TVB was still at Clearwater Bay. It was just opposite the university. That year, I was 19. I wasn't silly. I had big ambitions. Thinking back on my miserable schooling days, when I saw pretty stuff, I had no money to buy. My father was retiring soon, and I didn't want to increase his burden, so I chose to take part in Miss HK. I didn't want my father to be a security guard or drive a taxi just to support me through the university education."
"Since young, I've always wanted to take part in Miss HK. In my university, I joined the Drama Club. I'm not shy, and sometimes, I'll take part in modelling events. I received the notification letter from TVB while I was attending chemistry lesson, but I didn't want to waste my one year of university qualification, so I pleaded with the teacher to allow me to take the exams first. Coincidentally, that teacher was a Caucasian, and he agreed, but he reminded me not to divulge the exam questions. I manged to complete the first year of university, and after that, I entered TVB!"

我最希望得到“最佳女主角奖”。我在等待一个好角色,一个大家没见过我演的角色。
My greatest wish to get 'Best Actress' award. I'm waiting for a good role to come - a role that everyone hasn't seen me acting before.

"My father is a traditional Chinese man. I'm like him. I like to keep to myself. I seldom do this kind of interviews. 'Southern City Times? We artistes have heard before." That's great - this shows that our interviews have always enjoyed good reputation, and the artistes trust us.
"Taking part in Miss HK, it's really an intense training period. The audience sees our poses and cat-walk being so elegant, and had no idea that our training was so tough and difficult. Even so, I've never thought of winning anything. I only wanted to be part of this kind of major show. After passing through the initial rounds, I was finally into the final stage. After getting the second runner-up, my father was the first person I called:"Dad, I got it!"
Unconsciously, Myolie had been an artiste for 9 years. She has fame now. Other than her job, she earns quite a lot of money outside too, just like turning up at a fashion show to sit for a while, she gets to collect opening fees (counting by ten thousands). Being the spokesperson for a slimming company, she gets another amount of fees. Filming dramas, she always get it.
"What award have you gotten from TVB?" I asked. She laughed and answered:"Most Improved Actress Award". Very long right (referring to the name of the award in Chinese)? My greatest wish to get 'Best Actress' award. I'm waiting for a good role to come - a role that everyone hasn't seen me acting before. All these years, I've been acting too many goodie-two-shoes roles - so good that it seems unreal. In the audience's eyes, I'm a big girl, the kind who isn't shrewd or scheming. That actually has quite a difference from the real me. I know how to protect myself. I will come up with the worst scenario. A little pessimistic. Afraid to interact with strangers. Afraid that they might hurt me. I'm an alligator head but having an old substrate. My looks may be tough, but actually my innermost feelings are filled with fear and worry."
"When with good friends, I'll talk about my inner feelings. I'm the kind whom must say out. I'll also talk to my family members. When with my father, I always can't seem to talk smoothly, there's a barrier. Eldest Sis and Bro-in-law will ask me: Did you care about Second Sis? I thought, when I was young, my two elder sisters had a little dislike towards me, because my appearance meant that their share of allowance got lesser. Elder Sis planned to have 4 children. Me too. If there's anything, we'll discuss it at home." But then, Myolie has not thought of marriage yet.

[NEXT HALF OF ARTICLE TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...]

Last edited by psycho 0805 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:26 am; edited 5 times in total

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[7 September 2008] Exclusive Interview Of Myolie - "Tough on the outside; But innermost feelings filled with fear" Empty Re: [7 September 2008] Exclusive Interview Of Myolie - "Tough on the outside; But innermost feelings filled with fear"

Post by psycho 0805 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 am

[CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST...]

我都有点情绪化的,有时遇上一些事情,我不可以骗自己说这个人很好啊!我不会太过八面玲珑的。
I'm a little emotional. When I meet with some problems, I can't deceive myself and say that this person is very good! I won't be able to get along well in all kinds of social situations.

How's it like in a big family like TVB? "In an environment where there's a lot of people, must know how to get along with the others. When I was younger (She's now 28), I would argue with the director. Thinking back now, I might not be right. I don't wish to have any unhappiness with any directors." Myolie recalled:"It's rumored that a few years ago, when Francis Ng was filming TITS and attended a radio interview, he said that there was a new actress then whom was now successfully promoted up there, and doesn't need any acting skills. Just having interpersonal relations will do. Everyone thought that it was me. If you're an actress, you need to have at least some relationships. So I thought, I will need some relations too." Looks like she is still bothered about that matter, but she's clear that artistes must have some relations.
"I'm a little emotional. When I meet with some problems, I can't deceive myself and say that this person is very good! I won't be able to get along well in all kinds of social situations. There was once when I was filming an ad, the hairstylist should have prepared the hair-set herself, but instead she wanted to borrow from me. After that, I had the experience and prepared everything myself. If I'm unhappy, it'll be written all over my face, like if the photo taken isn't beautiful. There are many things which are out of my control. My manager told me to be more forgiving and be happier. For instance, there was a period that whenever there were negative news, the reporters would pester me continually and kept on writing on it. Don't they feel that I've something positive to write about too? If only by looking at what they had written, I would feel that I'm such a failure. People will want to bring out the worst in me, so I seldom do exclusive interviews."
"A few years ago, Gallen and I had scenes together. I was portraying a mentally-challenged role. Initially I wasn't really used to it, but he's a very good actor. A few years later, I'm acting as his girlfriend. There's some pressure. I don't want him to feel that I've no improvements at all. Improvement is certainly very important."

人生最要紧的是快乐,如果我要牺牲很多才能走到那个位置我便宁愿不要了,我只想拥有快乐。
In life, the most important thing is to be happy. If I've to sacrifice so much in order to get to this position, I rather not have it. I only want to have happiness.

"Ever thought of being Best Actress in movies?" I asked. "Movies?" Myolie's response was like she never thought of filming movies before:"When I was young, I did. After being in the tv screen for 9 years, I stopped thinking about this far-fetched things. In life, the most important thing is to be happy. If I've to sacrifice so much in order to get to this position, I rather not have it. I only want to have happiness. In the past, when I filmed dramas, I wouldn't celebrate my birthday. My eldest sister said that I had no life, and had become a set of machine."
"For work, remember the show where I was a fat girl? First, I had to put on ten over kilograms, and then had to lose all those weight. Then I forced myself to eat. I ate until I didn't feel like eating already, and still had to drink milk powder. Pinkish like a mud ball, very unappetizing. After that I finally was fat. Both of my legs originally could not stick together, but one day, there wasn't any hole in between. My weight was alredy 64kg, and then 69kg. With my height of 169cm, that's already very fat. I'm willing to put on weight, because if I didn't, there's no female lead for me to act in. So let all the audience watched me do this task, I can't fail." Myolie's fighting spirit is very strong, and this is required in this acting line.
"After that I did self-therapy: be happier, finish eating and go to sleep. After being fat for half a year, I went to the slimming company and work out, I won't snitch on food." No matter what everyone says, she still has that firmness and competitiveness.

十六七岁又有个男朋友,每次我路经伦敦他都来接机,让我第一次有被人照顾的感觉,他还给了我一张可以每次提取一英镑的银行卡。
When I was 16-17, I had another boyfriend. Each time I transited at London, he would come to receive me, allowing me to have a feeling of being taken care of for the first time. He even gave me a bank card where I could withdraw one pound every time.

Talking about marriage and love, that's not her most important:"When Eldest Sis got married, she even invited my mother's stepchildren. Now, my step-father is down with an illness, so looking at my mother, I feel pity for her. She still needs to take care of my maternal grandmother who has inconvenience of moving about. Later, Grandma passed away, and she still need to look after her husband. Her family problems were never-ending. I really want to take her out for a holiday tour, but she couldn't afford the time out. The divorce back then was initiated by my mother, so when I was young, I always felt that I won't get married. When I grew up, I wanted to get married, and hope to find a suitable half. What I hope most is that both of us love each other. I don't mind if either of us are working to support the family. I hope to have my own children, and he helps to change the diapers." Myolie's dream is very beautiful:"When I was young, I already like guys a lot. When I was in kindergarten, I already held hands with a very cute boy for ten over days. When I was in Secondary 2, I also dated before, but because our personalities clashed, we broke up. I wrote him a letter saying that I wasn't trying to ditch him, don't be too unhappy. When I was 16-17, I had another boyfriend. Each time I transited at London, he would come to receive me, allowing me to have a feeling of being taken care of for the first time. He even gave me a bank card where I could withdraw one pound every time. Both of us often wrote letters to each other and all it took was a day for the letters to reach the other party. The contents were the same as our phone conversation. After that I returned to HK to work, so I told him 'since we're now in two different places, why not break up? we're still good friends.'. He broke down."
"Marriage, both parties have to be both financially stable and psychologically matured. In that way, (we) can then face a brand new life." Myolie's still very career-minded, "In TVB, Producer Tommy Leung is someone who understands me well and shares the same views as me. In addition, I'm going to release an album soon. I've attended a year of soprano's classes. Really want to have my own concert. Being an artiste is very tiring. Within 10 minutes, I can sleep soundly already."

胡杏儿仍在拼搏中,虽然她常演傻兮兮的角色,但是与她一席话,发觉她一点也不傻,有点悲观,不相信幸运,但她不要输。
Myolie Wu is still in the midst of striving for success. Although she always play the silly and naive roles, in this conversation, I discover that she's not a single bit silly or naive. A little pessimistic. Doesn't believe in luck. But she won't lose.

Original Article: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=475726693

Last edited by psycho 0805 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[7 September 2008] Exclusive Interview Of Myolie - "Tough on the outside; But innermost feelings filled with fear" Empty Re: [7 September 2008] Exclusive Interview Of Myolie - "Tough on the outside; But innermost feelings filled with fear"

Post by hkangel Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:39 am

Oooo thanks for the translations psycho sis, I was hoping someone would do it! ^_^

I haven't read it yet, but just wanted to add - could you add a sub-note to the end of the first post for people to read the 2nd half of the article in the second post?

Coz forumners are going to just copy and paste the first post from the portal when posting in other forums :P
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:41 am

Oh ok no prob! Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah I love this interview. Get to know a lot more about the off-screen Myolie, her childhood, and her career path. This particular sentence she said really reflects on what's happening to her now - "Don't they feel that I've something positive to write about too? If only by looking at what they had written, I would feel that I'm such a failure. People will want to bring out the worst in me, so I seldom do exclusive interviews." Really not easy being Myolie Wu cry

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:19 am

I don't know why... I feel a bit sad after reading the article. Maybe coz of its pessimistic tone, or maybe because it's so real - probably one of the most honest Myolie interviews.

Actually, a lot of her childhood stories were told in her radio interviews before (which I love, because nobody can twist her own words on the show). About how she worked as a waitress selling 'siu mai' (this was from the Vinolie RTHK interview), and also about how independent she was back in North Ireland (she talked about the luggage incident with Margie Tsang on another radio interview). She also talked about her whole path to Miss HK with Margie too - the whole 'taking the exam before everyone else' scenerio. Except the tone of the radio interview was much happier than this.

What I didn't know about was that she carried her own luggage onto the public bus because she was poor, and wanted to save a few dollars. Myolie is such a strong girl. I really admire her for it. And also her whole back story with her birth mother. It's just all very sad, but I know Myo will stay strong. "Hang Yee, Hang Yee", even though her name sounds like "Fortunately", Myolie isn't the type of girl who will depend on luck. She really created her own opportunities and career through her own will and determination.

I'm waiting for a good role to come - a role that everyone hasn't seen me acting before. >> This is my hope too. It's clear that Myolie wants a breakthrough role as much as all of us, but the thing is, she's not given any chances to do so. Is it really her fault that she's stuck with these roles? Or maybe she doesn't have enough connections? *rollseyes*

For instance, there was a period that whenever there were negative news, the reporters would pester me continually and kept on writing on it. Don't they feel that I've something positive to write about too? If only by looking at what they had written, I would feel that I'm such a failure.

Myolie, I understand your dilemma. Especially when you have improved but you never got acknowledged for it. Don't worry Myolie, all of us fans will support you no matter what. We do recognise your improvements as much as we recognize your faults. Stay strong, Myo! I believe that one day, one day all those anti Bandwagon Bashers will shut up with their pointless bashing when they realise their own stupidity and immaturity. Remember, how often they photoshop your face and say how ugly you are? It's their very own actions which show how ugly they are (the bashers) - not because they are not beautiful, but because their hearts are black with ugliness. Going around defaming and mocking other artistes - pfft, one day, it will happen back to them.

In life, the most important thing is to be happy. If I've to sacrifice so much in order to get to this position, I rather not have it. I only want to have happiness.

Very reflective, and definitely a sign of maturation. I totally agree with her.

In TVB, Producer Tommy Leung is someone who understands me well and shares the same views as me.

LOL, well Tommy, give her more mature roles! Hopefully another series with Ray too. =P
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 am

WOW!! Myolie is so tough! I can't believe she went through school in ireland like that. She lives with her sister? I'm guessing her sister is a cat lover too then :) the story of her and her mom made me kinda sad....i can kinda see why she's not comfortable enough to call her mom "mom" yet.
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:31 am

psycho 0805 wrote:Oh ok no prob! Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah I love this interview. Get to know a lot more about the off-screen Myolie, her childhood, and her career path. This particular sentence she said really reflects on what's happening to her now - "Don't they feel that I've something positive to write about too? If only by looking at what they had written, I would feel that I'm such a failure. People will want to bring out the worst in me, so I seldom do exclusive interviews." Really not easy being Myolie Wu cry

^ Yeah, I know... cry Especially this line: "If only by looking at what they had written, I would feel that I'm such a failure."

But I guess it's just another stage of her life. Surely (well hopefully) the antis will stop are really appreciate her improvements. Coz she did improve in WADLAC. Her crying has much more depth than in WOIL2 and Tai Chi.

Thanks again for the looooooooooooong translations, psycho sis clapping
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:03 am

Thanks for translating the news... :)

I feel sad after reading this news... probably because Myolie was so real in this interview. She had gone through a lot when she was young and alone in Ireland. Never thought that her life was like that. I admire her for her perseverance and determination...after al that she has gone through, she has become stronger. Way to go! :D Kudos to you Myolie!
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:30 am

Thank you so much psycho 0805 for the long translation! This exclusive interview is really a must-read!

Myolie is one of of the actresses that I admire the most, not only onscreen but off-screen she is hard working and can bear hardship!

Her mentality is really a good example for us, girls like her will not change even though she is famous now, because she has climbed up by her own efforts, she also has a quite good character like good-tempered. In news we can hear that a lot of artistes having bad temper, like looking down at people..

Myolie, we fans will support you forever! We will keep our fingers crossed for you to have a role you have never played before, one that is outstanding, good and will be highly appreciated by everybody!
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:48 am

Thank you very much psycho !

I never knew Myolie had that bad childhood, and she have gone through so much. Starting to work at age 13.. And she felt like never had a ''mom'' :(

yup, we'll always wait and hope for a very fresh, new and challenging role for you, I think god will be touched :D
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:50 am

This Myolie’s first hand interview should be a must-read article for all to see in the HK entertainment industry, especially those that watches TVB story. Ever since I have followed her career and watch her on the screen, I see a very special person in her that is really difficult to describe. But there is one thing that I wasn’t blind to see and that is her toughness. That is my reason for supporting her, admiring her, and loving her so much. I’m not going to say too much because what needed to be said has already been said by some of you here as I readily agreed with all that was said. And to paraphrase all of your sentiments, “Myolie, one day, Myolie, one day, you will get your wishes, both the awards and your dream.”
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce20176 Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:06 am

Thanks a lot for the translation psycho!!! And I agree with all of you.
What a nice Myo's interview, I know and understand her more now after reading this. I feel kinda sad reading this interview too, her story about her mom and her study abroad story are so sad. I admired her determination, ambition and toughness too.
Myo, we always love you and support you no matter what. I hope all ur wish and dream will come true.
Hopefully those antis will know more about her and show more understanding toward her after reading it.
joyce20176
joyce20176
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkAngel Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:37 am

Thank you so much pyscho 0805 for the translations! Wow this has got to be the interview that myolie opened up the most in. I do wonder though, why she suddenly decided to open up after so long.

I had always wonder about Myolie's birth mother since she would always talk about her dad but not her mom and the only time she did was when her elder sister got married. Reading this interview got me really sad. The Myolie that has always been cheerful and bubbly actually has a very emotional side too. I had always known that Myolie was a strong and independent girl, but I did not know she was this strong and independent.

Its nice to know that Myolie has been taking singing lesson for a year now and that she is not rushing to release an album. I hope that her new album will be a hit and that Producer Tommy or anther producer will give her a breakthrough role soon!

btw hkangel sis, do u still hav the links to the vinolie radio interview? i think i dled it but i didnt hav time to listen to it and since i dont know where it went now...

Last edited by PinkAngel on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
PinkAngel
PinkAngel
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks for the translation. Very interesting, and we get to see another side of Myolie. Poor Myolie went through so much in the pass. But now, her hard work is pay for. What a bitter sweet life. Just like in the movie.

But I have a question about always wanting to join Miss HK. I thought she said in other interviews on TV that she never thought about this until her friend/roommate in college ask if she could accompany her.

"Since young, I've always wanted to take part in Miss HK. "

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:49 am

Thank very much Psycho for the translation.

The break though role doesn't seem to be in the near future, not in BF 3 and the drama with Moses.

Well, I certainly hope she get some recognition in WOIL 2 because I personally think she perform the best. WDLC is a light-hearted series, the only chance she has to show her skills was in the last 2 episodes. Moreover the ratings in WDLC was average and I think it gives some room for the antis to bash.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by BBgirl Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:07 pm

Thank you so much psycho for the long translation!!!

This interview really shows us the real off-screen Myolie.....
Her childhood/teenage life makes me thinks that I'm really fortunate compared to her......

Is sad to know that Myolie's childhood wasn't really filled with happy memories like other normal kids should have and she had been growing up without a mom's love and care cry She seems pretty isolated when she was young too,being send to overseas at a young age of 13 -14 without any family members there to accompany her....If I was her I would definitely cry my heart out just to stay home with my family!!
Besides that she seems like a person who feel insecure easily and I guess is an effect from the unhappy childhood she had gone through and the reason for her being a lil pessimistic could be the cause of her childhood too however her strong will and determination is something we should really look up to yes the side effect of the unhappy childhood she had gone through is not entirely negative I guess...... smile

Her toughness really reminds me of what Bosco had once describe Myolie as
A cup of Black Coffee without sugar nor cream and it's bittersweet
Totally agree!! yes
BBgirl
BBgirl
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Xue Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:10 am

oh well, didnt really know myolie had such a past. yeah being so young, and alone in a foreign country, i wonder how can myolie really cope the loneliness and her home-sickness. yeah, she's really strong. maybe this is how she manage to cope being an professional artiste. haha, having to deal with the reporters and people who doesnt like her etc. it's really sad that her mother left her when she was young. & her determination to make life easier for herself and her father, it's really very commendable & thoughtful of her. luckily she has chosen to take part for Ms HK, or not who knows how she might be working her life out now somewhere to support the family. you go girl! <3 keep the myolie spirit up!
Xue
Xue

Back to top Go down

Post by soffiagiang Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:23 am

BBgirl wrote:Thank you so much
Her toughness really reminds me of what Bosco had once describe Myolie as
A cup of Black Coffee without sugar nor cream and it's bittersweet
Did he describe Myolie so ? when ;O ?
soffiagiang
soffiagiang
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:28 am

^hahah yes, he did describe myolei that way. I don't remember when, do you remember, BBgirl?

Oh! And when Bosco was asked in a different interview what was his cup of tea, he said he likes frank girls, black coffee, no cream no sugar, not tea bwahahaha
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:34 pm

^ haha..yes! i remember that too! In two seperate occassions! :D
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:09 pm

Very good interview! Thanks for taking the time to translate, Psycho ^^
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down