Our One & Only Myolie Wu Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[22 July 2008] WDLC opening, Myolie's acting exaggerated

+16
annboo23
AddyLeong
CheersMyolie
hajience
goldengater
awesomeitsjackie
swtaznlaydee
boscolie_x3
ice6angel
joyce20176
PPearl
lizzy
linnette_zj
Wenbie
hkangel
go_myo
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[22 July 2008] WDLC opening, Myolie's acting exaggerated Empty [22 July 2008] WDLC opening, Myolie's acting exaggerated

Post by go_myo Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:25 pm

source: http://news.sina.com/oth/phoenixtv/506-104-103-108/2008-07-22/23093097140.html

When a Dog Loves a Cat opening, netizens criticized Myolie Wu not matching with Gallen Lo

[22 July 2008] WDLC opening, Myolie's acting exaggerated 859875a5a83584d7283fb3edy0
This scene of funeral already disclosing a sad ending

'Yat Gor' (Nr. 1 brother) Gallen Lo left TVB for five years, his comeback for digging gold series 'When a dog loves a cat' had its opening aired yesterday. Although the news of the divorce with his wife is well known, this did not affect his popularity. 'When a Dog Loves a Cat' even attracted quite a lot audience to watch. The fans even discussed about Gallen Lo's acting in the series. Beside of praising Gallen Lo's acting, the netizens bashed Myolie Wu's acting as being too exaggerated, 'don't matched with Gallen Lo'.

Quotation of Gallen Lo

Talk about female lead Myolie Wu -- "Being an artist the most important thing is diligently acting, I think she is very diligent."

Talk about rumors of TVB connections to climb up -- "Every person must have friends, artists also make friends, is this related to connections? I don't think so. Every person must have chances, but chances must be fight by yourself, but it must also be provided by others. If this is regarding as making connections then I think a lot of people are doing the same."

Talk about the new people lacking of acting skills -- "When I filmed series in the past I have Kenneth Tsang etc of the older generation to give directions, I knew very fast what was insufficient. As for the newer generation now ... I don't know."

Gallen Lo's return back to nest history, "TVB always has a number one brother that is Gallen Lo"

Earlier two series of Gallen Lo (At the Threshold of an Era, Golden Faith) were re-broadcasting in the midnight on TVB channel, to its surprise it has quite much audience to watch it all night. Recently Gallen Lo has been chosen as the number one "Most wanting to comeback" male actor, even the flourishing of popularity TV King Moses Chan and Roger Kwok admit, "TVB always has a number one brother that is Gallen Lo".

Indeed, Gallen Lo has created many classic characters from good to evil during the period with TVB. Among these the most unforgettable character is in the 1996 series 'Cold Blood Warm Heart' acting as Tsui Ka Lap, also in 'The Old Time Buddy' acting as brother Kei. The most impressive thing is, during the period of 1997 - 2002 he achieved three times the "TV King" title (Best Actor award).

Nowadays, Gallen Lo returned to TVB to represent number one brother, the prospect is good, because TVB is still dealing with the siu sangs and chung sangs stage, as for now TVB offers Ron Ng and Sammul Chan etc won't do the situation. The high running with popularity Raymond Lam and Kenneth Ma acting road are narrow which is difficult to stir up the big. In the procession of 'Chung San', Joe Ma, Roger Kwok and Moses Chan becoming a powerful target. The few old 'chung san' who has acted in the period of Gallen Lo or even earlier becoming roped in target, including Michael Tao, Michael Miu etc. but the result is not as good. Compared to, Gallen Lo who is 45 years old, his acting road is wide, he is really a good pick for "Number one brother"!

Netizens talked about the series, Myolie Wu acting exaggerated

Gallen Lo's return to TVB to film series, netizens screaming big welcome. But, this time acting with him is not a 'TV Queen' level artiste, it is the fadan Myolie Wu who has not placed number one female! Big tile matches Fa Dan, TVB wants to help rocking Myolie's intention is quite obvious, but looking at the reactions from the airing episode, the audience is pointing Myolie cannot matched with Gallen Lo.

Although Myolie is a MHK, she has never been recognised as a pretty girl. Netizens criticized her: "Smile is somewhat unnatural, very stiff." The netizens even thinks she is not regarded as cute, "If smiling deliberately with the intention of showing her dimples, and talking while pouting her lips just to look cute, then I don't think she's cute at all." Yesterday's night was the airing of the first episode, there was immediately bashing by netizens that her acting is exaggerated. "Frequently calling out loudly, no matter whether it is exciting or painful she is using the same performance method to let the audience endure." Netizen siasdf143 said: "Earlier when watching 'Triumph in the Skies' I already dislike her being paired up with Francis Ng, old and young does not match but also temperament don't correspondent with. Won't TVB choose a normal pairing? Won't they choose Jessica Hsuan to match with Gallen Lo?"

Gallen Lo's performance in the first episode is normal, acting as before. The netizens were not affected by the news of his divorce, they even called him "a good man". At "Baidu's Gallen Lo webpage", a netizen has pasted all series Gallen Lo acted in, after comparing said "The character in this series is most similar with 'At the Threshold of an Era' character Yip Wing Tim". Netizen "Tin Ma Han Hung" said: "Maybe it is because I have not seen his new series for so long time, but everything seems not too real. But he is still very mature, steady, having very much of a man's taste, top quality acting skills, for every character his acting imitates to perfection, very great!"

Bringing forward, Gallen Lo will die lonely

According to the currently published trailers and pictures we can analyze, in the series the bickering couple, Gallen Lo and Myolie Wu, will get together as lovers, but their relationship will end on a tragic note. In the ending, Gallen Lo old disease reappeared. To let Myolie not to be very sorrowful, he brings Myolie with her old boyfriend together and he died lonely.

After this has been published, a lot of netizens raised disagreement, netizen Miu Miu said: "Gallen Lo's first comeback series ends up in tragedy, not good, too bad luck la."

Last edited by go_myo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

[22 July 2008] WDLC opening, Myolie's acting exaggerated Empty Re: [22 July 2008] WDLC opening, Myolie's acting exaggerated

Post by hkangel Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:12 pm

What the... uhhh... there's some parts of the translations I still don't understand... but thanks anyway go_myo... -.-

go_myo wrote:Although her background is Miss Hong Kong, she is from beginning to end "beautiful woman head holding mouth in having no chance". Netizens critized her: "Smile is somewhat unnatural, very stiff." The netizens even thinks she is not regarded as cute, "if smiling while deliberately putting up folds and talking when sticked up the mouth, then I cannot see she is cute."

I totally don't understand that line, but I'm guessing they're saying she's ugly?

Well, as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I think Myolie looks really pretty in here. You really do wonder what are the "netizens" so-called judgement on whether someone is pretty or not. hmph

go_myo wrote:Yesterday's night was the airing of the first episode, there was immediately bashing by netizens that her acting is exaggerated. "Frequently calling out loudly, no matter whether it is exciting or painful she is using the same performance method to let the audience endure."

LOL, that's all they say right? Whatever Myolie does, and even though she has improved, they still say her acting is exaggerated.

And maybe they're too blinded by their hatred, but I actually see differences between Chow Chow and the other characters Myo has played - Chow Chow, despite being the slightly clumsy subordinate to MC, is much more feminine and gentle than Chow Lai Mun or Sup Yut. Chow Chow also understands her mistakes, and accepts them. And Myo successfully conveys these points. If these 'netizens' did not even pick these pointers up, then you really wonder if they have the right to judge other artistes performances.

It's SO obvious that they are just 'jumping' on the bandwagon, once some idiot starts a post saying: Oh, Myolie's acting is exaggerated (coz he/she's too lazy to think of another adjective). And all the antis just jump in and add fuel to the fire.

Stupid. hmph

go_myo wrote:Netizen siasdf143 said: "Earlier when watching 'Triumph in the Skies' I already dislike her being paired up with Francis Ng, old and young does not match but also temperament don't correspondent with. Won't TVB choose a normal pairing? Won't they choose Jessica Hsuan to match with Gallen Lo?"

BIASED ALERT! It's amazing how the reporters did not even pick that up.

Always Jessica and Gallen, Jessica and Gallen... geez, not that I have anything against this pairing, but don't people ever accept FRESH pairings too?

go_myo wrote:Bringing forward, Gallen Lo will die lonely

According to the currently published trailers and pictures we can analyze, in the series the happy pairing Gallen Lo and Myolie Wu will get married but ends in tragedy. In the ending, Gallen Lo old disease reappeared. To let Myolie not to be very sorrowful, he brings Myolie with her old boyfriend together and he died lonely.

This was never confirmed.

Everyone thought the wedding scene was Gallolie's, but it's not.

Just shows how everyone is ALREADY jumping to conclusions, OH PLEASE.

And with these kind of people, how reliable, yet publish-worthy are their comments!!!

URGH!!!

Please, someone, instill some faith back into me in regards to Hong Kong's media reports nowadays! How much more stupid can these reporters get???!!! It seems like all their news come from NETIZENS now... what do they even learn when they're studying journalism?
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

[22 July 2008] WDLC opening, Myolie's acting exaggerated Empty Re: [22 July 2008] WDLC opening, Myolie's acting exaggerated

Post by hkangel Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:16 pm

Okay, end of rant... oioi

LOL, you do know though, go_myo, that your translations get posted elsewhere, right...
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 pm

^ Yeah the reporters usually go on the internet and put what the netizens thinks in their report...

Anyway I had some problems translating some parts I don't understand it in Chinese myself too, so therefore the translation of Myolie's head is awkward. :(
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:19 pm

I have not seen my translations posted elsewhere though... but if they do, they can see that Gallen is supporting Myolie from his quotations at least.
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:40 pm

LOL. This report has so much bullsh*t in it that it's kinda funny. Thanks go_myo.

Gosh can't these people just get a life. Or at least say something that is NEW. They are just using the same reason to bash Myolie. How can Myolie not yell out loudly in the series if she has to bicker with Gallen all the time? I don't really see any arguments that are SILENT lol. These netizens should at least be logical before bashing someone =.=

Bah~ HK media is disappointing altogether. Instead of promoting HK ent, they like to make it look BAD.

Oh yeah, go_myo can you paste the Chinese characters that you didn't know how to translate? Cause I'm eager to know what is "beautiful woman something mouth chance" means lol

Also, I didn't know Gallen is gonna die in this series? Is it true? >.<.. I thought it was gonna be a happy series from start to finish lol.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:08 pm

^ I have put up three sentences in Chinese there.. hopefully you can translate it correctly I will then use your translation instead.
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 pm

^thanks for the translations go myo..

arghh.. those people just cant stop bashing myolie.. come on la! its so obvious that they are just bent on pairing Gallen and Jessica.. yes..i know Gallen and Jessica make a good match... but he needs to be paired with other people too right... like Boscolie is a good match too..but we don't expect them to pair up together always..and bash like.. Samuel for pairing with myolie.. come on..they are artistes..pairing with different people brings new challenges..

Myolie is just putting in her effort.. and thats what is required from her character.she is just doing what the script requires and what the producers expect from her... i'm sure the producers and directors have more expectations from her than the rest of us...
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzy Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:44 am

OMG's! You translated so much!
In the newsarticle, I can see that Gallen Lo is really big favourite to everyone.. He's "Most wanted comeback actor" and even Roger and Moses praises him as number one.
Myolie should be lucky to be work with such a legendary actor for the second time, but she deserves it too. She has the quality to act and she isn't exaggerating at all! This series is a comedy, like WOIL2, this type of series requires acting like this.
lizzy
lizzy
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

http://selena.fanlounge.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenbie Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:59 am

Gosh the Chinese is hard LOL. I'll try my best though.

但胡杏兒一直與美女頭銜無緣:
Although Myolie is a MHK, she has never been recognised as a pretty girl.

如果笑起來故意堆出滿臉褶子,說話撅著嘴就算可愛的話
If smiling deliberately with the intention of showing her dimples, and talking while pouting her lips just to look cute, then I don't think she's cute at all.
Wenbie
Wenbie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

http://www.joeygalaxy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PPearl Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:15 am

aww.....these comments were cruel. myolie certainly didn't deserve it. i hope these people can see beyond their perceptions and view the series with an open mind.
PPearl
PPearl
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by go_myo Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 am

Wenbie wrote:Gosh the Chinese is hard LOL. I'll try my best though.

但胡杏兒一直與美女頭銜無緣:
Although Myolie is a MHK, she has never been recognised as a pretty girl.

如果笑起來故意堆出滿臉褶子,說話撅著嘴就算可愛的話
If smiling deliberately with the intention of showing her dimples, and talking while pouting her lips just to look cute, then I don't think she's cute at all.

Thanks, I've edited in my posting. Anyway how about this: (羅嘉良和胡杏兒這對歡喜冤家將有情人終成眷屬,但卻是以悲劇收場)?
go_myo
go_myo

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce20176 Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:22 am

Just read and then forget these comments, HK neitizens really have nothing to do besides keep bashing and complaining every single thing, but same reasons. I agree with what you said Wen sis, they should go get a life and stop making negative comments about someone with no logic and different reasons.
Myolie did her job and I think she did fine. She did what she has to do and the script is written like that, why blaming her.
joyce20176
joyce20176
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by ice6angel Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:58 am

I hope Myo is okay though with all the comments bashing at her, I mean I really don't see her acting that bad, maybe cause I'm one out of her thousand fans ? =S

ice6angel
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:48 am

This article has just been reposted...

Now just waiting for all the bashing... *sigh*
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by boscolie_x3 Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:58 am

I agree with all of you. Myolie doesn't deserve these stupid comments. She worked hard for whatever she is getting. People like those have to stop bullsh*ting. They must be really pretty to say that Myolie's not pretty. I think Myolie was better looking then the 2nd place for MHK1999.
boscolie_x3
boscolie_x3
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:03 am

Okay. with tai chi I understood that myolie exaggerated some of her crying scenes.

However, what scene did myolie exaggerate in here? I don't see it. Her acting in here is way more toned down than in "wars of the in laws 2" yet people praise her in "wars of the in laws 2", but can't do the same here? -_-

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:09 am

^ That's what I mean by baseless bashing.

I guess the reporters must be ridiculously stupid to actually publish it too. Urgh! oioi

Actually this whole report is just . . .
hkangel
hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeitsjackie Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:33 am

uhh.... this is total BULLSH*T!!! the reporters have absolutely nothing to write..the netizens say that myolie isn't pretty, well let's see your face on camera! Myolie's really pretty, I agree that she looked better than the 1st runner up. WHAT exaggeration?! No one sees any exaggeration! If they're only saying that because everyone else i then, you're a little too late, only in TMOTC did she exaggerate a little. but TMOTC is OVER!! Done! This is a brand new series, and they shouldn't carry on all this hatred from the last series. I dont see any exaggeration at all! her smile is stiff? let's see the netizens smile! I think Myolie's very pretty, espcially in the bridal shoots that she did with Bosco and Takuya(that's his name right?) No need to bash her like this! obviously, the netizens are just haters.
awesomeitsjackie
awesomeitsjackie
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:56 am

I believed go_myo and hkangel, and the rest of you here already said what is needed to be said, so no comments from me on this. But, based on this article, I could tell one of the so-called netizens, siasdf143, must be a Jessica Hsuan's fan. Anyway, like Joyce said, we read and just forget about it. These netizens really don't know what they are talking about anyway. Same old crap.

I don't think Myolie will be affected too much. They don't pay Myolie's salary anyway.

Oh yes, the article did mentioned that the story attracted a large audience, so that's good for both Gallen and Myolie. I'm happy about that part, at least.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by hajience Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:39 am

Huh. Oh my gosh. How can they say that? I really found that show nice and even my friends said that Myolie was pretty when I showed them her photos.. And if they think her acting is fake, they should try watching some Singapore productions because many of my friends think that HK actors and actresses can act WAY BETTER than most of the Singaporean actors and actresses.
hajience
hajience
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/hajience

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:09 am

Gotta thanks Gallen for backing Myolie.
goldengater
goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:01 am

hajience wrote:Huh. Oh my gosh. How can they say that? I really found that show nice and even my friends said that Myolie was pretty when I showed them her photos.. And if they think her acting is fake, they should try watching some Singapore productions because many of my friends think that HK actors and actresses can act WAY BETTER than most of the Singaporean actors and actresses.

haha..yes! i totally agree with u! haha... s'pore productions are worse.. myo doesn't exxageratw.. she's just doing what is required of her
linnette_zj
linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:52 am

Can't imagine that the HK reporters are bashing their own entertainment ...amazing. This don't happen in the Korean , Japanese, Bollywood or even the Hollywood . I still think there is one STUPID troublemaker out there that kept stirring up the same thing every time Myolie Drama are aired. And worse still, the HK reporters made out an whole article on it.

Come on, I don't think her acting is bad at all or exaggerated. Well, this anti- obviously hate Myolie from the beginning ( Triumph in the Skies) , so no matter, how she improve, he/she would continue to bash her. , be it Tai Chi, etc.

All I can hope is that TVB can just ignore these stupid 'netizens" comments. If they are brave enough, identify themselves openly and critirize constructively, instead of hiding behind the internet.

And, why don't the reporters come here or to her blog and report the good comments.

Anyway, big thank to Galllen Lo for his continual support of Myolie. Thumb up to Big Brother.
CheersMyolie
CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:43 pm

By the way, does anyone know when all these " netizens" started bashing Myolie? Was it all along when she first started out in 2002 or only in 2008 when Tai Chi was aired? I remember reading that early during the year that she was praised by the netizens for good performance in WOIL 2.
AddyLeong
AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next